What's new

MQM's imprisoned Waseem Akhtar elected Karachi mayor

People of Karachi or terrorists holding Karachi hostage?

You may call us all terrorists, woudn;t change the fact that Karachi will vote for MQM under Police, under Rangers and under Army.........all the recent elections and by-elections, conducted under Rangers and Army are testament.

The dilemma is, most of the bots here either don't belong to Karachi or have never ventured outside Defece or Clifton and so have literally no idea about Karachi. Is it then a wonder that they are dumbfounded every single time the results of elections or by-elections are announced.

Polls speak much louder then you can even imagine to speak in your dreams and on these forums.

And in those Polls, people of Karachi overwhelmingly speak in favor of MQM.

Yeah right with less than 10% of the voters turn out and the election process taking place before AH's Pakistan murdabad rant and with no real morally superior rival to MQM.

Hopefully with the rise of PSP, MQM as a political entity and their AH goons would be dead forever.

Yeah right with less than 10% of the voters turn out and the election process taking place before AH's Pakistan murdabad rant and with no real morally superior rival to MQM.

Hopefully with the rise of PSP, MQM as a political entity and their AH goons would be dead forever.

You can hope all you want, in the end you will recall my words.......MQM is here to STAY!

i disagree.

atleast naa maloom afraad are gone. peace is their on the streets relatively.

hartals daily are gone.

and most of all amaan comittee and askari wings are gone.

PEACE first development will come.
Only Time will tell if this peace is temporary or permament .. Too confusing .. Whats today is exact replica of what we witnessed in the 90's watch yesterdays shahzeb khanzada's program ! Will give a lot of insight .. And yes agreed with the peace part .. Happy with it

You can hope all you want, in the end you will recall my words.......MQM is here to STAY!

With the coming of Army and Rangers Altaf Hussain's military wing and RAW funding is gone forever, and he will take MQM with him.

or you think a party whose founder calls for the break up of Pakistan, takes funding from RAW and repeatedly calls on his followers to start an anti Pakistan movement has any future left yeah right keep on dreaming you AH's goon.

You may call us all terrorists, woudn;t change the fact that Karachi will vote for MQM under Police, under Rangers and under Army.........all the recent elections and by-elections, conducted under Rangers and Army are testament.

The dilemma is, most of the bots here either don't belong to Karachi or have never ventured outside Defece or Clifton and so have literally no idea about Karachi. Is it then a wonder that they are dumbfounded every single time the results of elections or by-elections are announced.

How MQM gets vote outside their area or from their area is not hidden.

During his speech, Akhtar requested Chief Minister Sindh Syed Murad Ali Shah to help and guide him.

may not be honest, but he does work towards betterment to an extent. At least he does work as compared to the previous one whose only purpose was as a walking fossil to be recording within the Museum of History.

And yet without yelling they did everything for Pakistan to become MURDA, ddint they not ? Tell me if otherwise

I have accepted all of that above, but what is unacceptable to me is that. Anyone is fing the country and is short of saying murdabad will not be considered as traitor ?
For that matter what Achazai said :
http://tribune.com.pk/story/1133858/achakzai-says-k-p-belongs-afghans/
What Nawax does is have a lot investment in India but then he won't b counted as traitr, right? nor his plain daylight killing of Lahoris ?

Saying moradabad is in no way justifiable but is doing everything for Pakistan to become murdabad is ? Please enlighten me on that and a suitable criteria to be classified as tartor it seems you're having a quiet trouble here

https://www.thenews.com.pk/print/132068-I-never-said-KP-belongs-to-Afghans-says-Achakzai

even though i really don't care what achakzai thinks or cares but i had to put it up for you. just so you can compare his u turn to ALTAF u turns. where achakzai says he never said anything and his quote was misinterpreted.similar drama as altaf bhai.

secondly besides TTP, BLA and now MQM no one has gone out and clearly said Pakistan Murdabad.

nawaz kills people on the street TOTALLY WRONG. and he is a Haram* that is why he is scared to ban MQM andcrack down on MQM.

all ghadars uniting. MQM and PML N both are traitors ofcourse MQM more because clearly they support a man who screamed Pakistan murdabad. and get RAW FUNDING AND TRAINING.

PML N is ghadar for letting MQM get away with it and not prosecuting them.

MQM is the root of all evils in karachi be it terrorism ethnic violence. so ban MQM for betterment of karachi and its people.

MQM has destroyed the name of people who sacrificed for Pakistan. Now the whole nation thinks we urdu speaking people are ghadar because of MQM.

shame on MQM supporters who are still supporters of MQM.

PSP is a lot better and more balanced.

Only Time will tell if this peace is temporary or permament .. Too confusing .. Whats today is exact replica of what we witnessed in the 90's watch yesterdays shahzeb khanzada's program ! Will give a lot of insight .. And yes agreed with the peace part .. Happy with it

in 90s they left the operation halfway. and it was bias. this time so far it seems a lot fair because Amaan committee and ANP both are also neutralized.

but yes you are right only time will tell if peace remains.

sadly PPP is so bad that instead of working for betterment of karachi and winning heart of its people it is doing absolutely nothing. so the power vaccum will remains hopefully PSP can capitalize and mustafa kamal can return as mayor and work for karachi,

WHATSAPP
9 COMMENTS

THE Pakistani political scenario is known for its frequently strange occurrences. One can add one more episode to the list: on Tuesday, Waseem Akhtar, the mayor of Pakistan’s biggest city, was let out of jail briefly in order to take the oath of office. Earlier, Mr Akhtar had been elected Karachi mayor from jail — a first in our chequered political history. He has been in custody since July and faces a number of cases — all bailable according to him. These include involvement in the May 12, 2007 violence in Karachi. At the time of the ugly events, Waseem Akhtar held the portfolio of home adviser to the Sindh chief minister. These and other charges the mayor faces are serious and must be probed impartially. If he is found guilty, Mr Akhtar must face the penalty under the law and would obviously have to leave the mayor’s office. However, as the highest elected official of Karachi, it is unacceptable that Mr Akhtar runs the metropolis’s affairs from inside prison, especially if the charges are bailable. Besides, it appears a tad strange for the mayor to be locked up for his alleged role in the May 12 mayhem while retired Gen Musharraf — who ruled the country unchallenged at the time — enjoys his liberty. Until the charges against Waseem Akhtar are proved, he should be allowed his freedom.

However, even if the Karachi mayor were to be released, it would be fair to ask if Mr Akhtar would have the necessary powers to administer the city ??. As the provincial government has kept many civic powers, such as solid waste management, we can safely say that the elected heads of municipal bodies in Sindh will not have full authority over their respective jurisdictions. This situation needs to be reversed as municipal bodies must have more than just ceremonial powers to carry out their tasks. Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah has brought vigour to the erstwhile moribund provincial government in many ways. He must realise that empowered and active local governments are essential for the prosperity and progress of Sindh, which is why he ought to make it a priority to transfer all civic duties to the elected municipal bodies. It will take a long time to address all the issues that have cropped up in the long absence of elected local bodies. But with responsive local leaders and a supportive provincial government, the rot can hopefully be reversed.

Published in Dawn September 1st, 2016

Last edited:
even though i really don't care what achakzai thinks or cares but i had to put it up for you. just so you can compare his u turn to ALTAF u turns. where achakzai says he never said anything and his quote was misinterpreted.similar drama as altaf bhai.

secondly besides TTP, BLA and now MQM no one has gone out and clearly said Pakistan Murdabad.

nawaz kills people on the street TOTALLY WRONG. and he is a Haram* that is why he is scared to ban MQM andcrack down on MQM.

all ghadars uniting. MQM and PML N both are traitors ofcourse MQM more because clearly they support a man who screamed Pakistan murdabad. and get RAW FUNDING AND TRAINING.

PML N is ghadar for letting MQM get away with it and not prosecuting them.

MQM is the root of all evils in karachi be it terrorism ethnic violence. so ban MQM for betterment of karachi and its people.

MQM has destroyed the name of people who sacrificed for Pakistan. Now the whole nation thinks we urdu speaking people are ghadar because of MQM.

shame on MQM supporters who are still supporters of MQM.

PSP is a lot better and more balanced.

Glad to know that we are on both same page. For fk sake stop writing in indirect way or trying to imply that I mqm supporter which I am not ! . My only concern here is if the justice is to be delivered it should be delivered across the spectrum and not slowly the bastard PPP is roaming freely with no one to put them behind bars, why because they enjoy huge power. And MQM is no saint either if it had as much as power PPP did I am sure they would have done far worse. As for PSP ot will be no different from MQM believe me. You have very defecting for the same group, bringing in the same mentality how different will it be ?

How is MK any different the guy was with that traitor for 30 years and suddenly wakes up and remember everything. Come one who they are trying to fool maybe kids of Karachi but not to to old adults who have seen it all

MQM amends its constitution, removes Altaf Hussain as party chief

KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement leader Farooq Sattar announced that MQM has made the "required" amendments in its constitution to formally dissociate from Altaf Hussain and removed his name as the party’s supreme leader and the decision making authority in party affairs.

While addressing a press conference in the metropolis on Thursday, Sattar said the amendments were made in accordance with the assurances given in earlier announcement, and added that “MQM will not let anyone use the party platform to chant anti-Pakistan slogans”.

"Since we had to prove we are running party affairs from Pakistan, and not from elsewhere, we have substituted Article 7(b) in our constitution," said Sattar.

He is gone doing nothing, only good for statements and letters..............

Back
Top Bottom