What's new

MQM - Political Desk

“Every political party should have equal opportunity to run their election campaign,” said Altaf Hussain.

KARACHI: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain on Saturday announced that his party has fielded 671 candidates for seats of National and Provincial Assemblies across the country.He revealed this while addressing a public meeting at Lal Qila Ground, Azizabad in Karachi.In Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the party has fielded 21 candidates for National Assembly and 45 for the provincial assembly, in Balochistan seven for NA and 21 for PA, in Punjab 132 for NA and 256 for PA, in Sindh (Rural) 41 for NA and 86 for PA and in Karachi 20 for NA and 42 for PA.The MQM chief said that a total of 221 candidates for NA and 450 for PA seats would contest general elections across the country, while MQM had also fielded 22 women on general seats.He said that false propaganda for being a local and ethnic party has proved wrong today, adding that MQM is a national party that represents all Pakistanis.“Every political party should have equal opportunity to run their election campaign. Terrorist elements are trying to keep MQM away from election process,” said Hussain.He demanded of the interim government and the chief election commissioner to take notice of this situation.The MQM chief also asked all parties to accept others’ mandate. He also demanded of Taliban to throw weapons and enter national harmony, adding that we could not change others through force.Altaf Hussain said that all political parties had equal rights to take part in elections. Addressing on the occasion, Deputy Convener of the party’s Rabita (coordination) Committee Dr Farooq Sattar said that election 2013 is a contest between ideological and inherited politicians. He hoped that the MQM would form governments across the country.Yousaf Shahwani, Gulfraz Khan Khattak and Ashfaq Mangi also addressed the meeting.
MQM fields 671 candidates across country | DAWN.COM

MQM vs Jamaat Islami

Last edited by a moderator:
Qoumi zimedari

well this is the logic MQM gives for keeping arms! that jamaat had arms in 70s! and hence MQM bought arms in 80s! and then the world saw those weapons on display on 12th MAY 2007!

12th May was one of the black days in Karachi … But there were not only MQM involved … PPP, ANP & JI were also involved … I was witness of it … MQM would not be defended in it … But all were the culprit … 2nd thing why we don’t appreciate their good works … MQM has removed heroine culture in Karachi … In 80’s many Karachi guys had been addicting with heroine … They stopped it … They eliminated sectarianism in Karachi too… Between Shia & Sunni … And gathered to them on single platform ..

Unless you are a small kid, whatever you have written above is ridiculous BS. Punjabis have been picked off one by one to the point where most Punjabis have left Baluchistan and those who are still there have no other option as they have to serve there. No Punjabi life is safe in Baluchistan.

Including Hazara Shias

so if you blame the media of "lying" and political parties of carrying "false flags" then the same could be said about MQM carrying ANP flags wouldn't you?

and as for terrorist party well MQM is a terrorist party it is a reality that people have accepted from 1990s!

the problem with the 12th may attack was that MQM didn't expect that this is not the 90s where there were no cameras! hence they carried their flags! and bang they were exposed!

now since then MQM became smarter and became "NAA MALOOM AFRAAD" firing on bikes!

may 12th is responsibility of MQM because 1) they were in government 2) they clearly were visible in videos no ifs and buts on that fact 3) MQM litreally rules karachi so any good or bad is their responsiblity!

like any bad in lahore is responsiblity of PML N! jiski hookumat uski ghalti simple.

and finally as for media control by other parties!

remember what zulfiqar mirza said that NO REPORTER can REPORT AGAINST MQM because they live in the streets ruled by MQM! they will be killed by bullet from MQM which they won't even know! so ofcourse media is scared now of MQM unlike till 2007!

and then on top of all this please don't forget that MQM is a media champion! most of their statements are tailor made for media. like altaf keeping media excited by saying i will do drone strike in 3 days then 2 days etc etc.

plus MQM is one of the only parties that gives press confrences giving out news. unlike other paindu parties. so please don't say media is not handled well by MQM!

All opponents of MQM highlight 12th May but they forget Pakka Qila operation in 1989 … Ali Garh killing in 1986 … Worst operation in Pakistan history against a political party in 1992 ... Who was governing in Karachi at that time … If you say people have accepted from 1990 that MQM is a terrorist group … Then why people of Karachi were given votes to MQM in 1993 for provincial assembly on 1 day notice … These elections were held in military command …

MQM worker among seven killed in city

KARACHI: Seven people including two workers of a political party were gunned down in the metropolis here on Saturday.
Two activists of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) were shot dead in separate attacks of targeted killings.
The first activist was shot dead near Kaghzi Bazaar within the jurisdiction of Kharadar police station.
Police said that victim Omair was shot dead by unidentified assailants who attacked him near his house and managed to flee the crime scene.
Another worker of MQM was killed near Gujjar Nala within the remits of Gulbahar police station.
SHO Chaudhry Liaquat said that unidentified assailants critically wounded 30-year-old Iqbal, while he was standing at his Dabbu Club. The victim was shifted to a nearby private hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. The SHO said the victim was a worker of MQM-unit 189.
A Rickshaw driver was gunned down within the remits of Pirabad police station. Police said that victim identified as Hassan Abrar, 40, was intercepted and killed unidentified pillion riders near Banaras Bridge.
Another man was shot dead while three others injured in a firing incident near Machar Colony. Police said that victim Mohammad Furqan and his friends sustained bullet injuries when unidentified armed riders resorted indiscriminate firing at them. They were rushed to hospital for medical treatment where doctor pronounced Furqan dead and admitted others for treatment. Police informed that victim Furqan was involved in a murder of constable Muslim Shah, while further investigations are underway in this regard.
In another incident an unidentified young man was shot dead in Ranchore Line within the premises of Nabi Baksh police station.
DSP Pervaiz Iqbal Bhatti said unknown armed men shot the victim, who was critically wounded and shifted to the hospital, where doctors pronounced him dead.
Meanwhile, a vegetable vender was gunned down and his friend was wounded in Mehran Town, Korangi within the limits of Korangi Industrial area police station.
SHO Mohammad Ali said armed pillion riders shot at the deceased Jamal Khan, 28, and his friend Amjad, who were shifted to the hospital, where doctor pronounced Khan dead and admitted Amjad for treatment. Police suspect that the motive behind the incident was a personal dispute.
In Mominabad, Orangi Town No 10, unidentified culprits shot dead 26-year-old Farman. Mominabad police said the deceased had a criminal record and suspect his accomplices killed him. Further investigations are underway.
Bodies found: A bullet-riddled body of an unidentified man was found in Sector 48-F, Korangi within the limits of Zaman Town police station. The body was shifted to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre (JPMC) for medico legal formalities and later moved to morgue for identification.
Another body of a man was found near Telephone Exchange within the premises of Garden police station. Police said that unknown culprits tortured and shot him multiple times before throwing his body at said place. The body was moved to morgue after autopsy, as its identification is yet to be ascertained. staff report

You are quite right, false flag operations if carried out by other political parties can also be attributed to MQM. However, don't you think that MQM being predominantly of members that actually hail from Karachi, as opposed to outsiders in ANP/PPP etc., would care more about their own city and their own homes more then any outsider would? Not just that, you could see Sherry Rehman and what not in that video. I have said it many a time before and let me say it again, on May 12, MQM was the victim!

You, most definitely, do not understand the meaning of the term 'reality'.

So the political party that has more educated representation (in % and not actual count) and is more technologically oriented, especially since most of the National Media not only started from Karachi but is still housed predominantly in Karachi, would not be aware of the power of media in the late 2000's??? Now remember that this is the only party that has tasted the bitter pill of exploitation and negative propaganda on similar media since early 90's, they wouldn't be aware??? Come on man.

Well, PPP has ruled the center for the past 5 years so would you blame them for all the bomb blasts and the attack on military offices?? There are certain things that a politically elected Government can do and then there are certain other things that they cannot do. Is Obama Government responsible for the recent bombings or the Factory disaster in US? Was Bush responsible for 9/11?? Incompetence maybe, but responsibility??

That's precisely what I have stated above, that MQM is no fool to be caught pants down hence May 12 was a very well planned, organized conspiracy against MQM that has been exploited superbly over the years.

And you are speaking of the same Zulfiqar Mirza who sold over 300,000 prohibited bore licenses to Liyari Gang Criminals??

Finally.......Did you watch the 12 minute video I had posted???

Please lets not crap the thread. But morally, even to yourself, can you deny my earlier post about Pashtuns??

I am sure AH will come to Pakistan the day he enjoys the same level of representation and support that NS enjoys or BB enjoyed. There are more anti state elements in Pakistan, even among ourselves, then pro elements and thus, unfortunately, people have no option but to serve Pakistan from abroad.

as gyou claim that people were carrying false flags of MQM on 12th may then! why the hell were they carrying PPP and ANP flags too? are they crazy to hold there flags and expose themselves!! it doesn't add up. MQM clearly was not the victim it was ruling karachi totally and WASEEM AKHTAR was HOME SECRATARY then! MQM was totally responsible for it.

your point about the power of the media weill it is clear that after being exposed on live TV MQM resorted to na maloom afraad firing!

and if someone is in GOVERNMENT then clearly it is their responsiblity if things go wrong. and they also get the credit if things go right! for example mustafa kamal wants credit for making signal free corridors fine he can have the credit! but ofcourse MQM has to take the blame for the bad too! you can't just take credit for good things and ignore bad things and blame others!

MQM sat in alliance with PPP and ANP the parties you claim "victimised" MQM in 12th may! how can that be!!! is MQM so morally corrupt that for power it will sit with anyone???

and finally altaf hussain well guess what he is a UK NATIONAL and he can never enjoy the support Imran,BB or NS enjoy because they all lived here and were not UK nationals!

what i don't understand is why do the so called educated and smart people that you claim vote for MQM don't support Imran? you can't call imran corrupt or ethnic or even claim to have assets in UK and US or whatever.

clearly MQM till date is an ethnic party thriving on hate for pathans,sindhis and punjabis!

All opponents of MQM highlight 12th May but they forget Pakka Qila operation in 1989 … Ali Garh killing in 1986 … Worst operation in Pakistan history against a political party in 1992 ... Who was governing in Karachi at that time … If you say people have accepted from 1990 that MQM is a terrorist group … Then why people of Karachi were given votes to MQM in 1993 for provincial assembly on 1 day notice … These elections were held in military command …

none of these events HAPPENED please give me a NON MQM source proving it! and if these incidents happened them MQM would have cried and cried and cried to the world! ARMY MADE MQM in 80s to destroy PPP and then MQM sat with MUSHARRAF! so clearly MQM is a party of Army! so Ali garh killing or pakka killa killings NEVER HAPPENED please wake up and stop hating and feeding on propaganda!

and what MQM did on 12th may and daily in karachi is worse!

12th May was one of the black days in Karachi … But there were not only MQM involved … PPP, ANP & JI were also involved … I was witness of it … MQM would not be defended in it … But all were the culprit … 2nd thing why we don’t appreciate their good works … MQM has removed heroine culture in Karachi … In 80’s many Karachi guys had been addicting with heroine … They stopped it … They eliminated sectarianism in Karachi too… Between Shia & Sunni … And gathered to them on single platform ..

you claim MQM stopped hatred what about first MQM preached hate towards sindhis,then PUNJABIS and now recently hate towards Pathans & not to forget the hate towards balochis of liyari! MQM promoted gun culture and used threats bahtta and guns to win seats which sadly is what ANP and PPP are doing now in karachi to take back some territory from MQM.

MQM revolutionlised crime and hence got support and power!

none of these events HAPPENED please give me a NON MQM source proving it! and if these incidents happened them MQM would have cried and cried and cried to the world! ARMY MADE MQM in 80s to destroy PPP and then MQM sat with MUSHARRAF! so clearly MQM is a party of Army! so Ali garh killing or pakka killa killings NEVER HAPPENED please wake up and stop hating and feeding on propaganda!

and what MQM did on 12th may and daily in karachi is worse!

you claim MQM stopped hatred what about first MQM preached hate towards sindhis,then PUNJABIS and now recently hate towards Pathans & not to forget the hate towards balochis of liyari! MQM promoted gun culture and used threats bahtta and guns to win seats which sadly is what ANP and PPP are doing now in karachi to take back some territory from MQM.

MQM revolutionlised crime and hence got support and power!

Unfortunately you are suffering severe discrimination to MQM … You are denying a ground realities which were happened in 80’s … Dude I am living in Karachi & I know what had happened in Karachi in 80’s … I don’t need any propaganda … If you say MQM were made by Army to overcome PPP then kindly give an example that where MQM destroyed PPP vote bank … Whereas MQM destroyed JI’s vote bank indeed … There is no any hatred between Sindhis & Punjabis in Karachi nowadays … While you quote about Pushtoons … Do you know in Wali Khan’s life there were no any hatred between both of them … After his death Asfandyar turned his policies … And thing has been started again while Wali Khan had finished … Balouchs are the most lovely people of Pakistan … But unfortunately PPP had kept them uneducated & backward … After Musharraf’s regime Zulficar Mirza had used them wrongly & get their some youth made terrorist … But I know you would not believe on my words … Because you are victim of propaganda regarding Karachi … You believe that Lyari is very much “PEACEFUL” area in Karachi :pop:

Unfortunately you are suffering severe discrimination to MQM … You are denying a ground realities which were happened in 80’s … Dude I am living in Karachi & I know what had happened in Karachi in 80’s … I don’t need any propaganda … If you say MQM were made by Army to overcome PPP then kindly give an example that where MQM destroyed PPP vote bank … Whereas MQM destroyed JI’s vote bank indeed … There is no any hatred between Sindhis & Punjabis in Karachi nowadays … While you quote about Pushtoons … Do you know in Wali Khan’s life there were no any hatred between both of them … After his death Asfandyar turned his policies … And thing has been started again while Wali Khan had finished … Balouchs are the most lovely people of Pakistan … But unfortunately PPP had kept them uneducated & backward … After Musharraf’s regime Zulficar Mirza had used them wrongly & get their some youth made terrorist … But I know you would not believe on my words … Because you are victim of propaganda regarding Karachi … You believe that Lyari is very much “PEACEFUL” area in Karachi :pop:

Facts are facts. stories like i know or my friend told me or my brother knows is useless. because lik this i also have stories!

but now as far as ground realities are concerned please check your leader altaf bhai and he kept saying sindhis are taking our land and punjab is grabbing our water.

as for wali khan being peaceful well because there was NO ALTAF HUSSAIN.

MQM hates any community that lives in karachi. they hate balochis because they live in liyari part of karachi then they hate pathans because they live in sohrab goth!

till the rise of pashutun people in sohrab goth MQM had more seats MQM hates losing seats in liyari and sohrab goth to PPP and ANP hence the hatred! MQM can't stand any other party coming into karachi!

Facts are facts. stories like i know or my friend told me or my brother knows is useless. because lik this i also have stories!

but now as far as ground realities are concerned please check your leader altaf bhai and he kept saying sindhis are taking our land and punjab is grabbing our water.

as for wali khan being peaceful well because there was NO ALTAF HUSSAIN.

MQM hates any community that lives in karachi. they hate balochis because they live in liyari part of karachi then they hate pathans because they live in sohrab goth!

till the rise of pashutun people in sohrab goth MQM had more seats MQM hates losing seats in liyari and sohrab goth to PPP and ANP hence the hatred! MQM can't stand any other party coming into karachi!

Dude you know nothing … First of all Altaf Hussain is not my leader because I am not MQM worker … I just don’t want any hatred among any community in Pakistan … 2nd thing Wali Khan & Altaf Hussian both gave respect to each other … Dear I am sure you don’t know dynamics of Karachi … Sohrab Goth, Banaras Colony, Sher Pao Colony are very old Pushtoon lands in Karachi & for you information from 1988 till 2008 MQM did never win in any election from Lyari ..

as gyou claim that people were carrying false flags of MQM on 12th may then! why the hell were they carrying PPP and ANP flags too? are they crazy to hold there flags and expose themselves!! it doesn't add up. MQM clearly was not the victim it was ruling karachi totally and WASEEM AKHTAR was HOME SECRATARY then! MQM was totally responsible for it.

your point about the power of the media weill it is clear that after being exposed on live TV MQM resorted to na maloom afraad firing!

and if someone is in GOVERNMENT then clearly it is their responsiblity if things go wrong. and they also get the credit if things go right! for example mustafa kamal wants credit for making signal free corridors fine he can have the credit! but ofcourse MQM has to take the blame for the bad too! you can't just take credit for good things and ignore bad things and blame others!

MQM sat in alliance with PPP and ANP the parties you claim "victimised" MQM in 12th may! how can that be!!! is MQM so morally corrupt that for power it will sit with anyone???

and finally altaf hussain well guess what he is a UK NATIONAL and he can never enjoy the support Imran,BB or NS enjoy because they all lived here and were not UK nationals!

what i don't understand is why do the so called educated and smart people that you claim vote for MQM don't support Imran? you can't call imran corrupt or ethnic or even claim to have assets in UK and US or whatever.

clearly MQM till date is an ethnic party thriving on hate for pathans,sindhis and punjabis!

Are you arguing just for the sake of arguments? You have not responded to any of my points and rather chose to post a sort of ambiguous post.

Anyway, when one attacks a Media outlet, one does not advertise because of apparent reasons. On the other hand, you have completely failed to acknowledge that ANP/PPP supporters were firing at peaceful MQM rally that had women and children. Sherry Rehman and other PPP leaders are also in that video. Unfortunately, I know from experience that you are too blinded by hatred or maybe bitter personal experience. However, my advise is not to build opinions on isolated incidents that could have been caused by individuals in their personal capacity.

As far as IK is concerned, I'd rather see him form a government at the center then PPP/PML but I know even he cannot deliver as much as MQM can, if given the chance.

Are you arguing just for the sake of arguments? You have not responded to any of my points and rather chose to post a sort of ambiguous post.

Anyway, when one attacks a Media outlet, one does not advertise because of apparent reasons. On the other hand, you have completely failed to acknowledge that ANP/PPP supporters were firing at peaceful MQM rally that had women and children. Sherry Rehman and other PPP leaders are also in that video. Unfortunately, I know from experience that you are too blinded by hatred or maybe bitter personal experience. However, my advise is not to build opinions on isolated incidents that could have been caused by individuals in their personal capacity.

As far as IK is concerned, I'd rather see him form a government at the center then PPP/PML but I know even he cannot deliver as much as MQM can, if given the chance.

your last sentence clearly shows your bias. that no matter what only MQM can deliver!

as for your point about when one attacks a media outlet they don't advertise well guess what NO ONE KNEW TILL 2007 that media had become so powerful in pakistan. media litreally toppled musharraf due to bad image.

in pakistan media became powerful after may 12th 2007 when it exposed big names. not before.

and this false flag story is a total lie because clearly ANP workers were carrying their own flags,PPP workers were carrying their own flags. and please don't tell me MQM is so masoom that it just got shot at and kept sleeping when THE HOME MINISTER WAS WASEEM AKHTAR. your claim that MQM was being shot at while it had majority and was in government and MQM didn't retalite makes no logical argument.

how can a party in majority and in power not be able to stop elements "shooting at them". and if so do you mean to say MQM
didn't fire a single shot on 12th MAY 2007?????

any good or any bad in last 5 year that happened is the responsiblity of PPP AND ITS ALLIES! because clearly if ALLIES didn't like it they could have left the alliance but they didn't.

the reality is MQM is power hungry and will do anything to stay in power. so many U-TURNS we saw in last 5 years are ample proof. & clearly MQM admitted that SHAHNAWAZ ( SHAH RUKH ) was their guy and then they tried to cover it with a story of a rouge party worker.

the people of pakistan can never forget the BORI BAAND LASHEIN of the 90s that was started by MQM!

your last sentence clearly shows your bias. that no matter what only MQM can deliver!

as for your point about when one attacks a media outlet they don't advertise well guess what NO ONE KNEW TILL 2007 that media had become so powerful in pakistan. media litreally toppled musharraf due to bad image.

in pakistan media became powerful after may 12th 2007 when it exposed big names. not before.

and this false flag story is a total lie because clearly ANP workers were carrying their own flags,PPP workers were carrying their own flags. and please don't tell me MQM is so masoom that it just got shot at and kept sleeping when THE HOME MINISTER WAS WASEEM AKHTAR. your claim that MQM was being shot at while it had majority and was in government and MQM didn't retalite makes no logical argument.

how can a party in majority and in power not be able to stop elements "shooting at them". and if so do you mean to say MQM
didn't fire a single shot on 12th MAY 2007?????

any good or any bad in last 5 year that happened is the responsiblity of PPP AND ITS ALLIES! because clearly if ALLIES didn't like it they could have left the alliance but they didn't.

the reality is MQM is power hungry and will do anything to stay in power. so many U-TURNS we saw in last 5 years are ample proof. & clearly MQM admitted that SHAHNAWAZ ( SHAH RUKH ) was their guy and then they tried to cover it with a story of a rouge party worker.

the people of pakistan can never forget the BORI BAAND LASHEIN of the 90s that was started by MQM!

Look man, how do I explain to you that you do not **** where you eat? MQM is Karachi and Karachi is MQM, if Karachi is good then it is good for MQM and if Karachi is bad then it is bad for MQM. The same is not true for other political parties whose members can pack up and leave for their homes in interior Sindh or Tribal areas.....MQM supporters do not have that option so the only way forward for them is to ensure stability of Karachi.

You have taken up May 12 exclusively and I have repeatedly explained things and even given proof that has probably not been aired by majority of the media channels (atleast not as frequently as the other side of the story). Yes, Wasim Akhtar was the adviser to the home minister (provincial home minister) but one cannot crackdown on certain things, for example the day BB was murdered, Karachi burnt for the next 3 days and where were the LEA's, where was the military? Who was protecting the lives and properties of people of Karachi during that period? I am told that any confrontation b/w the angry protesters (and the looters/plunderers hiding amongst the mourners) would have had even severe consequences. You just don't pit the LEA'
s against mourners.

Lastly my friend, the concept of Bori Band Lashen was not introduced by MQM, they were introduced by rogue elements in the LEA's who were given a free hand to conduct encounters at will. Just as everybody knows who began the concept of desecrated/disfigured/dismembered dead bodies especially in Balochistan.

MQM has a clout simply because it has ( and really, it has) strong support of masses.. be it majorly form 2 districts..

and AH very well knows how to use his clout and where...

thats why the face value of MQM has only increased in recent times..

Back
Top Bottom