What's new

Move to UK like jumping 'from frying pan into fire': Hongkong activists

So were those hong kong rioters who moved to UK.
No, because they and me had something you probably don't have. An Education of History.

China was poised to invade, and in fact did invaded Hong Kong back in July 8, 1967 when the People Militia move across the Sha Tau Kok border and attack the Hong Kong police there. These militia men killed 3 British Muslim Police and 3 Hong Konger Constable.

Just because the Chinese government ordered the Hong Kong government to rewrite history does not mean this incident did not happen, and that's where the leftist felt out of favor since.

1693377239429.png

Police officers at the scene of a bomb explosion in North Point on August 20, 1967, which killed Wong Siu-fan, two, and his sister Wong Yee-man, eight, and turned public opinion against the terrorists.

Last edited:
What a thing to say to a nation which took them in. We built many of these services with our hands and taxes and here we some Hong Kongers complaining about free services, they can use from the get go having contributed nothing.

The amusing thing is they will complain and cry, but they will still stay in the UK and the US.
They aren't far behind the Indians in crossing the Southern US border.

In fact, UK ruled HK under more or less iron fist. There was high end oppression by the police in Protest during the 60s and 70s and the UK mostly just send the elite to rule HK, every company, government position and court have to be governed by a Brits during those time. HK Police have a lot of power and probably the most corrupted Police Force in the world back in the 60s, until ICAC was created.

The issue here is, one of the original agreements when the UK signed the Joint Declaration with China is to guarantee HK legislation and government integrity, the so called "frozen" for 50 years and have moving Hong Kong into even more democratic as they were to open up the local government election. That is what the Brits signed for, and what people in HK believed. We all know it's going to shit sooner or later, but not this rate. Virtually all the points in Basic Law are broken with less than half the 50 years they were supposed to be frozen. This is what people are pissed about.

For most people in Hong Kong, they were looking for a change, but then it ended up like The Who song "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" probably going on a lot more restrictive now. That is why the Brits are giving virtually everyone in Hong Kong a free visa to live and study in HK (Well, you still have to pay for the visa fee, so it's not really free) Because had they know this happened, they wouldn't buy what the Chinese said back in 1984 and gave everyone in Hong Kong British Citizenship like the Portuguese did with Macau.

Who would have thought the communist party would not honour the treaty...apart from the entire world!. Former Pm Maggie T let them down badly on this. China only agreed to keep Hong Kong semi-autonomous for only 50 years after the takeover? Unfortunately the clock is ticking down. It is too little too late. China have already took over all aspects of life in Hong Kong such as the local government, media, finance/business, water supply...Etc. Unless Chinese government collapse, Hong Kong is going to become one of Chinese city like Shanghai without freedom and human right protection in the next 10-20 years. If the people can't accept this, the only option is to leave. Maybe Hong Kong should have been made a Sovereign state instead of being handed back to the China too much of a cultural difference, but suppose that would have been easier said than done in diplomatic terms,

No, because they and me had something you probably don't have. An Education of History.

China was poised to invade, and in fact did invaded Hong Kong back in July 8, 1967 when the People Militia move across the Sha Tau Kok border and attack the Hong Kong police there. These militia men killed 3 British Muslim Police and 3 Hong Konger Constable.
Lol, who "invaded" who in the first place? you bunch really need some education, besides, it also shows how Britain behaves in this matter.

Who would have thought the communist party would not honour the treaty...apart from the entire world!. Former Pm Maggie T let them down badly on this. China only agreed to keep Hong Kong semi-autonomous for only 50 years after the takeover? Unfortunately the clock is ticking down. It is too little too late. China have already took over all aspects of life in Hong Kong such as the local government, media, finance/business, water supply...Etc. Unless Chinese government collapse, Hong Kong is going to become one of Chinese city like Shanghai without freedom and human right protection in the next 10-20 years. If the people can't accept this, the only option is to leave. Maybe Hong Kong should have been made a Sovereign state instead of being handed back to the China too much of a cultural difference, but suppose that would have been easier said than done in diplomatic terms,
Well.........that's probably just an excuse, the reality is if the UK did what the Portuguese did to Macau, you are looking at 5 to 6 millions of people who suddenly became British overnight. The UK government can't handle that and so they would have to rather trust the Chinese government to keep the promise than to think of the alternative I just mentioned.

There are already no going back after the National Security Law, so you can say Hong Kong for all intend and purpose are the same status as any Chinese city, on the other hand, Hong Kong resident did not even have the same right with the Chinese Citizens who are supposedly equal by now, so that is the point of frustration that many people see. To which Hong Konger probably even worse than second class citizens in China. Since you aren't a Chinese Citizens if you are from Hong Kong.

On the other hand, what the Brits can do? Letting Hong Kong go independent is not a route they can take then because you may as well hand it back to China, another thing the UK can do then is to establish a British Oversea Territories in Hong Kong, but then that was barred by EU before Britex, there are virtually nothing the UK can do but either return Hong Kong to China and trust what the Chinese said, or give them all UK citizenship and have to deal with the aftermath. Instead, they choose to deal with the aftermath now.

Lol, who "invaded" who in the first place? you bunch really need some education, besides, it also shows how Britain behaves in this matter.
lol, whatever dude, tell that to

MOHAMED NAWAZ MALIK
KHURSHID AHMED
ASLAM KHAN
FUNG YIN PING
KONG SHING KAY

WONG LOI HING

I don't even know why i am talking to you to begin with.

Last edited:
lol, whatever dude, I don't even know why i am talking to you to begin with.
lol, China "invaded" Hong kong and Britain "invaded" Hongkong, which one do you think sounds more plausible? China was playing nice with Britain which I think it's a mistake.

lol, China "invaded" Hong kong and Britain "invaded" Hongkong, which one do you think sounds more plausible? China was playing nice with Britain which I think it's a mistake.
Fact ARE FACTS, I honestly don't care what you think.

Again, tell that to the 6 killed Police Officer

MOHAMED NAWAZ MALIK
KHURSHID AHMED
ASLAM KHAN
FUNG YIN PING
KONG SHING KAY

WONG LOI HING

In fact, UK ruled HK under more or less iron fist. There was high end oppression by the police in Protest during the 60s and 70s and the UK mostly just send the elite to rule HK, every company, government position and court have to be governed by a Brits during those time. HK Police have a lot of power and probably the most corrupted Police Force in the world back in the 60s, until ICAC was created.

The issue here is, one of the original agreements when the UK signed the Joint Declaration with China is to guarantee HK legislation and government integrity, the so called "frozen" for 50 years and have moving Hong Kong into even more democratic as they were to open up the local government election. That is what the Brits signed for, and what people in HK believed. We all know it's going to shit sooner or later, but not this rate. Virtually all the points in Basic Law are broken with less than half the 50 years they were supposed to be frozen. This is what people are pissed about.

For most people in Hong Kong, they were looking for a change, but then it ended up like The Who song "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss" probably going on a lot more restrictive now. That is why the Brits are giving virtually everyone in Hong Kong a free visa to live and study in HK (Well, you still have to pay for the visa fee, so it's not really free) Because had they know this happened, they wouldn't buy what the Chinese said back in 1984 and gave everyone in Hong Kong British Citizenship like the Portuguese did with Macau.

In fact, you are a slave to the colonists.

Pretend to be rational, fair and objective.

If I meet you in real life, I really want to greet your mother well.

Fact ARE FACTS, I honestly don't care what you think.

Again, tell that to the 6 killed Police Officer

MOHAMED NAWAZ MALIK
KHURSHID AHMED
ASLAM KHAN
FUNG YIN PING
KONG SHING KAY

WONG LOI HING
They were serving for their foreign masters in occupied land, killed by the locals fighting the invaders, what's wrong?

Shame on them
20180925210743169.jpg

Last edited:

He conveniently forgets how many Chinese was killed by those British invaders, how many cities and towns, houses were burned down, how many treasures were looted by those British bandits. He is shamelessly trying to portray Britain as a victim and China a villain in Hongkong.

He conveniently forgets how many Chinese was killed by those British invaders, how many cities and towns, houses were burned down, how many treasures were looted by those British bandits. He is shamelessly trying to portray Britain as a victim and China a villain.

They will not end well in the West.

I just want to say what you are saying is a weird narrative.

Because the reality is not like that.

Today HK is better than HK under British government.

It's just HK is already outshined by others, like Shenzhen, Shanghai, Chongqing, Singapore, Seoul, etc. Even Tokyo is starting to sink as well.

HKers should work harder, because everyone is working harder than them. Their advantages as to be first to be developed is eroding fast day by day.

It's just HK is already outshined by others, like Shenzhen, Shanghai, Chongqing, Singapore, Seoul, etc. Even Tokyo is starting to sink as well.

HKers should work harder, because everyone is working harder than them. Their advantages as to be first to be developed is eroding fast day by day.
Hong kong GDP per capita $27,330
UK GDP per capita $26,734

Hong kong GDP per capita $46,707
UK GDP per capita $40,358

They are protesting because they are losing their freedom. That's still worth something to some people. This is only thing I brought up regarding Hong king not their economy.

lol, do you really have the guts to meet me face to face?

And my mom is already passed, feel free to go to the afterlife to greet her. Please go ahead and do what you just said, and if you need help, give me a holler, I will help you travel to your afterlife.

Back
Top Bottom