What's new

Motorcycle diary: First Pakistani girl who dared to ride solo

Well mate, I wasn't intending to compare India and Pakistan. My intentions were just to know a bit more about Pakistan because even after being neighbors we are almost strangers.
As far as conservation and confinement is concerned, I am not in favor of suppressing someone's liberty by imposing some rules.
then get your 100% women train to ride bike.. i bet there are people in your own neighbour who wont buy this idea..this is the reality that mostly indian dont buy that everyone has a right to like its own way..
this is our way.. moving slow taking everyone together..
not every india went to us or live there then how everyone wearing and speaking like them .. intentions ..

She is a very brave girl indeed, breaking another stupid social norm which stops women from riding a bike, instead forces them to sit in an unsafe position while riding as a passenger. Good on you girl. Her choice of bikes seems interesting, Honda 125, GS150 and a 70cc, how the heck that thing was able to go up those roads, lol. I personally never use any touring bike below 650, just won't have the required torque.

Well looking at this article I am thinking that I don't have much of an idea about biking situation for women in Pakistan. I would love to know about the biking scenario among Pakistani females.
As here in India a lot of females drive bikes (even heavy ones like Harley) and things like this is not a big deal.
If this news had been from Afghanistan type of country then that should be a big news, but in case of Pakistan is it really that big??

The only riding on bike women do is as a passenger with both legs hanging on one side. That would be a circus act in other countries but in sub-continent it protects women chastity. I have several Pakistani friends in Malaysia who owns and rides bikes, but back in Pakistan, no they dont.

better is a small 4x4, no??

And that wouldn't be any fun if she did.

Lucky you then, I'm yet to experience that sight . Also I think if new gen. Scootie Bikes enter Pak market (like they've entered in India) it'd encourage women & girls to use them more frequent, as I dont think they prefer riding those old hag 1960's scooters u see in Pak or CD-70,125 bikes , nor it is convenient for them .

What makes you say that scooter is more convenient compared to a street bike?

when guevara and his friend set out, they were just going on a adventurous trip, with all the unthinking energy of young males, but it their internal sensitivity that separated them from the typical adventurer.

their motorcycle was only part of their experience... it wouldn't have been much different if they had been in a car.

Good thing they didn't, other wise they would be known as car diaries not motorcycle diaries:p:

You can hate bikes as much as you wish, but as a biker I can tell you the feeling of biking is something that is very liberating. And yes I had been in accidents, broke my foot but still I love to ride.

She is a very brave girl indeed, breaking another stupid social norm which stops women from riding a bike, instead forces them to sit in an unsafe position while riding as a passenger. Good on you girl. Her choice of bikes seems interesting, Honda 125, GS150 and a 70cc, how the heck that thing was able to go up those roads, lol. I personally never use any touring bike below 650, just won't have the required torque.

The only riding on bike women do is as a passenger with both legs hanging on one side. That would be a circus act in other countries but in sub-continent it protects women chastity. I have several Pakistani friends in Malaysia who owns and rides bikes, but back in Pakistan, no they dont.

And that wouldn't be any fun if she did.

What makes you say that scooter is more convenient compared to a street bike?

Good thing they didn't, other wise they would be known as car diaries not motorcycle diaries:p:

You can hate bikes as much as you wish, but as a biker I can tell you the feeling of biking is something that is very liberating. And yes I had been in accidents, broke my foot but still I love to ride.

For women/girls, scooties are deffo. more convenient than street bikes, I just feel that way.

Back
Top Bottom