What's new

most reliable car you ever owned? or least?

My current car AUDI A8 Executive 3ltr TFSI Quattro. I can leave it for weeks in the garage and starts as soon as I press the button. Never had to charge the battery when using my day to day runner. Cost £88,000 new though I bought it a year later second hand

It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Audis used to be solid but became a little unreliable from 2004/5 onwards. I wonder if they've fixed up again. I became a bmw guy and have been ever since.

It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Audis used to be solid but became a little unreliable from 2004/5 onwards. I wonder if they've fixed up again. I became a bmw guy and have been ever since.

I prefer the Audi's cause of the the inbuilt tech and the fact that its not a cliche like beamers and mercs.
Quattro gives a lot of confidence in precision on the road and braking. The car really holds the road at speed. Did 150 mph on the private bit of the m60 near Birmingham and felt like i was travelling at 40 and in absolute control. The foot was not even anywhere near the floor. Just for a couple of miles though as not to get up pc plods radar

Well brother in Pakistan with the budget you mention we can only afford this piece of $...
I own this piece of $.... So khabardar:argh:
On a serious note missing out on some basic but necessary functions like power windows, safety feature like abs in vxr is really annoying and feels like being scammed.

I own this piece of $.... So khabardar:argh:
On a serious note missing out on some basic but necessary functions like power windows, safety feature like abs in vxr is really annoying and feels like being scammed.
Your frustration is perfectly understandable and I feel sorry for it. When you look at state of our auto industry I don't know if there is any shame left in our policy makers. They are making variants of these cars by cutting down on necessary features and its not like they removed some luxury/vanity stuff. Few days back these auto manufacturers actually imported 60 MIL USD cars which they are supposed to make in this country. If they are too importing it then why can't we directly import JDM cars which offer value for money? It all comes down to the people responsible for auto policy making. They are the ones legalizing this systematic abuse of Pakistani nation.

Had suzuki baleno, the worst car ever. It did patekhay when run on cng so i had to run it on petrol instead. I will not be taking a suzuki even if you give it to me for free, except maybe to sell it.

Luckily, i have Toyota Passo now before the government banned imported cars and it's a solid car. Has features that locally made top of the line Honda and Toyota doesn't.

Locally made Pakistani cars are death machines. They don't have airbags, they don't have any safety features, their ride quality is crap. Same variant as JDM and there's a gigantic difference in quality. The audacity of these people is that they charge more than in West. Every tom, dick and Harry can buy cars in West, in Pakistan, it is a luxury symbol even if its a crappy mehran. Just like aircondtioner is a necessity in West, here it is an extreme luxury even among this global warming. For that matter, even electricity is a luxury and to this day, my village doesn't have electricity.

The government was probably paid pretty handsomely by these automakers to end the market of imported cars and force people to buy these crappy shama tin dabays.

No sane person would touch a local made car with a ten foot pole. I bet Baba e Qoum era cars were more comfortable and had more safety features. If you love locally made cars, you're a koye ka mandaik who has never experienced what a car is really and just driven a box on wheels.

Ford EcoSport AT.. almost 6 years.. reliable work horse.. $20k....

Toyota Camry hands down.

bro you hit the bullseye solid beast.

I am so disgusted by pak cars that if I have the energy just make buggy and bang in a generator engine and go shopping. begairat quam i swear they think oversea paks don't know engineering. I am talking about basic DIY. Ever tried to ask some rookie repairer they act as if it so complicated but I will be laughing inside thinking full of s h it.

This is basic mentality - you find a solution, ideas, they will say ni una yai pakistan hai, tu pgl hai ni una haha tu bu sochna tu kya baniya.

But if you do make a DIY product they will be gobsmacked. for example, I made an air cooler from car fan and wheelie bin with two PVC pipes, 5 amp 13-volt PSU. we drop ice in it and cool ourselves. My mates mangater uncle had some respect for me.

I love diying. I want to try vapour fuel system, with capacitor battery bank including adding ferrite beads to shield the wires and sparkplug wires for better conductivity.

Honda Accord... Even at 250,000 kms it was running very well and minimal maintenance issues.

Honestly, the new Hyundai/Kia are great.
high quality, low cost and they are slightly cheaper then the Japanese cars.

But yeah, generally can't go wrong with Toyota or Honda.

Interestingly here is the cost of maintenance for the first 10 years

jygz8l5opnktpt5hohsc.png

Toyota is killing it and LOL@ BMW

hands down land cruiser the bestest
created to take beating
we own since 1995 got upgraded in /2001 then in 2012 then last year
never have we ever had any issues
and we use it like a donkey

The most reliable I ever had was the 2006 Infinit G35 (sedan), never had any issues at all, all I did since I owned the vehicle from 2010-2015 was just oil change. Smooth ride and excellent pick up.

Till this day I regret selling it, but it had to be done as I needed funds to start my business, but it worked out nicely. :)

my 2017 infinity QX60 has seen more of dealer's service dept than my own parking, so glad lease will be over in 6 months

I always buy one Corolla, such a dependable vehicle, lease for 5 years...only repair cost is oil changes....even brakes last 100KM so no need to replace that....so 5 year repair cost for oil changes every 16000km comes to 1000 dollars for entire duration.

Well cars and auto policy needs serious attention in Pakistan. There is a huge market in Pakistan and can really push economy.
I cant understand why no one is establishing local manufacturing plants and sell quality cars with low price tags it will just take the market by storm

Below is the most reliable car ever which I still own. It is 24 years old with 200,000+ MILES on it but still runs like a charm. They say these were built to last for generations.
The only downside for most people is higher fuel consumption but for me its not about MILES but SMILES per gallon :D

upload_2020-5-25_20-37-56.png

Back
Top Bottom