What's new

most reliable car you ever owned? or least?

So what is the most reliable car you ever owned, tells us in a small paragraph or the least reliable?.
The most reliable are Toyotas or Lexus if you wanted a luxury brand

The least reliable I personally owned was a 2012 Hyundai Sonata which always had multiple problems and eventually bailed out on me where the only was to revive it was to swap the engine...I opted to sell it for parts

Honda and Toyotas are the most reliable car you guys will own. Its a non-negotiable fact of life. I prefer Honda over Toyotas because Hondas are more sporty.

American brands like chevy, ford etc are least reliable---especially their Hybrid versions. I am waiting for Turkish cars to hit the market. I'd buy one just to support the industry ( I hope they break into the US market. That will be yuuuuugeeeee for the Turkish industry).

Korean brands like Kia and Hyundai are the rising superstars of the car market. The best family SUV on the market right now is Kia Telluride. Americans LOVE that here (and that includes me as well!). Good job to Koreans.

Honda is no longer as reliable as it used to be. Toyota is still the reliability king though thanks to it's quality control and sticking to N/A engines for the most part. Like the 4 cylinder in the Rav and 6 cylinder in Tacomo and 8 cylinder in Tundra. Along with hybrid versions. Once market goes electric it will no longer be most reliable option.

Chevy is above average in reliability. Their trucks/SUVs are the most reliable in the market. Their V6 lineup is very reliable too. Quality control with Chevy has improved. For likewise has reliable options. So I would disagree with you about Chevy and Ford being the worst. Not even close.

So what is the most reliable car you ever owned, tells us in a small paragraph or the least reliable?.

Most vehicles today will be relatively reliable if you stay on top of the maintenance. If you are looking for better than average reliability stay away from turbo charged vehicles. Stick to proven N/A motors.

For city driving in traffic - hands down the SMART - easy to park, easy to navigate. To drive on the highway, the Dodge Durango. It was a bit of a gas guzzler though.

The most reliable car I ever owned [purchase price factored in] was a maroon 1977 Peugeot 305 Diesel estate I bought in 1983 year and half after passing my test. Six years of driving all over UK, Europe and it never broke down once. Clackety engine, poor interior build quality but it kept moving even if struggled to each 70Mph. Loved that car.

Below is the most reliable car ever which I still own. It is 24 years old with 200,000+ MILES on it but still runs like a charm. They say these were built to last for generations.
The only downside for most people is higher fuel consumption but for me its not about MILES but SMILES per gallon :D

View attachment 635487

Beautiful classic body. :)

honda accord..driving since last 10 years.. no issues whatsoever...

2018 Nissan Sentra. Boring compared to some of the other cars people have probably owned here, but has yet to give me an issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom