What's new

Moscow may lose its sole Hare Krishna temple

Hobo1

Reaction score
The temporary site where Russian devotees of the Hare Krishna Movement or ISKCON pray is likely to be demolished, Krishna.ru, a site run by Russian ISKCON followers said.
The movement has faced several bureaucratic hurdles in its quest to have a permanent structure to conduct its religious activities. When the ISKCON temple situated near the Begovaya metro station (in the centre of Moscow) was demolished in 2004, the Moscow government allotted land for construction of a new temple at the Leningradsky Prospekt (north of Moscow). This land was subsequently taken away.
In 2006, the Moscow government promised to build a temple in the Molzhaninovo district (10 km from the Moscow ring road) as part of the joint declaration signed by the Moscow and New Delhi governments. A Russian Orthodox Church has since been built in Delhi.

Despite all clearances for the project for the temple to be built in Molzhaninovo, the Moscow government cancelled the project. The authorities of the Northern administrative district of Moscow have also threatened to demolish the temporary site where Moscow-based ISKCON followers pray.
Moscow is believed to have 20,000 followers of the ISKCON movement.

Wonder why Russians church is so spooked by ISKCON movement.
Where is Suzzana Roy.

Moscow may lose its sole Hare Krishna temple | Russia & India Report

This is old news and the matter is resolved I believe, they are being shifted to a new premises. It is not the fault of Russia or the people but some Christian Orthodox groups who fear the rise of ISCKON in the west. Pressure from the Hindu council of UK and signed by the London mayor was presented to Russia.

http://indrus.in/society/2013/08/28/janmashtami_russian_krishnaites_reminisce_about_embracing_a_new_faith_28899.html

As Moscow marks Lord Krishna’s birthday, ISKCON followers describe their journey to spirituality and a lifestyle where they are vegetarians and shun alcohol and smoking

ISKCON is exploding in the west this news is from Aug this year on Lord Krishna's Birthday

Time to demolish the Russian Orthodox Church in Delhi. There would be blood bath in the streets of Moscow if it was a Mosque.

Iskon does not represent hindus.. its just another sect... they should buy their land and build temple, and go to court if they are stopped like any private party will.

I am pretty sure ISKON is just another scam to be exposed.. just like sai baba and the rest

Iskon does not represent hindus.. its just another sect... they should buy their land and build temple, and go to court if they are stopped like any private party will.

I am pretty sure ISKON is just another scam to be exposed.. just like sai baba and the rest

buddy iskcon is not a scam lol sure like every organisation it has good and bad people in there as it is a massive organisation but I would not call it a scam

My sister is a Iskcon volunteer and they do really good work, like providing free meals for Prisoners

Then who represent it u ??? And u Stupid think That u Become a Hindu by having a Hindu in ur Nick ... Noob ... :closed:

bars_th_featured.jpg

kitchen_slideshow.jpg

It is easy for people to judge ISKCON but from what I seen 99% of its members are good, honest people who want to make a difference but like anything you have some bad apples also.

bars_th_featured.jpg

kitchen_slideshow.jpg

It is easy for people to judge ISKCON but from what I seen 99% of its members are good, honest people who want to make a difference but like anything you have some bad apples also.
I am talking about organization .. not followers...
even the asaram bapu followers are generally nice and well meaning people.

buddy iskcon is not a scam lol sure like every organisation it has good and bad people in there as it is a massive organisation but I would not call it a scam

My sister is a Iskcon volunteer and they do really good work, like providing free meals for Prisoners
majority of any baba followers are nice and well meaning people, do you think followers of satya sai baba are stupid or evil people?

majority of any baba followers are nice and well meaning people, do you think followers of satya sai baba are stupid or evil people?

I am talking about organization .. not followers...
even the asaram bapu followers are generally nice and well meaning people.

but when did the founder of ISKCON perform magic con tricks? :lol: how can you compare the 2?

Time to demolish the Russian Orthodox Church in Delhi. There would be blood bath in the streets of Moscow if it was a Mosque.

Eye for an eye? I thought we passed that stage centuries ago!

Check them out in Bangalore - the whole children mid day meal is single handedly run by ISKCON - I thought you being supposedly Hindu (as you nick says) would know better.

Iskcon was founded to spread the practice of bhakti yoga and devotion to Lord Krishna and from what I can see it has not only succeeded but excelled with centres in almost every country :)

Soon the entire world will be reading the Gita and be with one shree Krishna from China to timbuktu

BTW there is even a ISKCON temple run by Africans in Africa believe it or not! ill try to find the video

I dont know but I never liked Isckon. I always felt they are doing business on the name of devotion and do more of shosha and dramebaaji.
But would still give them credit to expand Hinduism in west.

Back
Top Bottom