What's new

Moscow may lose its sole Hare Krishna temple

^^^^^^
Believe me, the 'millions of gods in Hinduism' is a propaganda.....

I have heard of the one God philosophy of Hinduism but it would not be a stretch to say that it is a minority view of things and most hindus are polytheistic.

Bloody Russians!!!!

Last I heart, there were only couple of thousand mosques in Russia... A LOT more mosques are needed to be built in Russia...

Moscow has only two mosques...utter pathetic-ness!!!

There are approximately 2 million Muslims living in Moscow with so few Mosques?

No wonder you see these scenes like these in Moscow!!!

170000-muslims-attend-eid-al-fitr-2012-prayers-in-moscow-streets.jpg

rm5k0i.jpg

80,000 Muslims pray on the street in Moscow - Boston.com

Not the right thread for this bro, but the orthodox church is the main reason however you would be happy to know that despite that Sufi Islam is flourishing in Russia and wahabbis are on the run. :D

swami narayan is not mythical. he was a real dude like your prophet.

I did not know he was a real person being turned into a God, I was referring to the millions of gods hindus like krait tell me about surely you guys cannot possibly know of them all so that would explain why offbeat never heard of that one.

I did not know he was a real person being turned into a God, I was referring to the millions of gods hindus like krait tell me about surely you guys cannot possibly know of them all so that would explain why offbeat never heard of that one.

There is no such thing as 'God' in Hinduism it is a alien term which stems from Abrahamic religions the Supreme being is one and one only which we refer to as different names but there are countless incarnations of the divine being but that is one :)
@oFFbEAT I believe that because he lived in the late 1800's he had influence of Christianity and Islam around him so those ideas were adopted by him and why many Muslims also became followers of his that is what I think when you mean about the 10 commandments etc

Last edited by a moderator:
There is no such thing as 'God' in Hinduism it is a alien term which stems from Abrahamic religions the Supreme being is one and one only which we refer to as different names but there are countless incarnations of the divine being but that is one :)

While back you told me you believed in one God now you say something else, so explain why most hindus openly claim polytheism?

In fact bro you are the only one here (and I guess offbeat as well now) who tells me otherwise?

now I need to watch some football b4 I go zzzz :wave:

While back you told me you believed in one God now you say something else, so explain why most hindus openly claim polytheism?

In fact bro you are the only one here (and I guess offbeat as well now) who tells me otherwise?

No Hindu I have ever met says they are polytheist nor does any of our holy scripts say that, infact the most important teaching is atman = brahman in Hinduism which is complex to explain and will take me hours.

I will make it easy and give a video which will do the job better than me

I have heard of the one God philosophy of Hinduism but it would not be a stretch to say that it is a minority view of things and most hindus are polytheistic.

I haven't said that Hinduism is monotheistic.....but the 'millions of gods' is a propaganda for sure....

In reality, we believe in a kind of trinity....it's like, three guys sharing the supreme power-Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswara....

You didn't get my point, my objection was mainly because his followers claim he combined 'good' things from different religions....like the 10-commandments of Christianity....then how can he be associated specifically to Hinduism......

Dude, Hinduism is a big tent religion. It does not have a standard "text", an organized clergy or a "vatican" or "mecca" equivalent. As a religion it is the ultimate in being decentralized, democratic and insurgent. That is its strength. It is the only ancient religion that survives, even flourishes. The ancient religions of the Egyptians, Mesopotamians, Aztecs, Incas have vanished. Taoism or Daoism is rapidly vanishing. So no point in fighting any "guru" or sect. They generate energy and enthusiasm amongst their NEW followers, thereby renewing the religion.

I haven't said that Hinduism is monotheistic.....but the 'millions of gods' is a propaganda for sure....

In reality, we believe in a kind of trinity....it's like, three guys sharing the supreme power-Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswara....

Well not as such the Supreme being is Brahman but if u ask a Vaishnav who is the Supreme being they will say Vishnu if you ask a Shiva chap they will say Shiva but that entity is one which is Brahman.

"That thou art." ("You are the Supreme.") Sanskrit: Tat Tvam Asi. (Chandogya Upanishad 6.8.7)

"The Self (the Soul) is Brahman." Sanskrit: ayam atma brahma. (Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 4.4.5)

"I am Brahman." Sanskrit: aham brahmasmi. (Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.4.10)

"Brahman is Consciousness." Sanskrit: prajnanam brahma. (Aitareya Upanishad 3.1.3)

other sayings:

There is One who is the eternal Reality among non-eternal objects, the one [truly] conscious Entity among conscious objects, and who, though non-dual, fulfils the desires of many. Eternal peace belongs to the wise, who perceive Him within themselves—not to others. (Katha Upanishad 2.2.13)

This is the truth which can be found in all major religions

The Vedanta often describes Brahman as Sat-Chit-Ananda. Sat (Existence, Reality, or Being), Chit (Consciousness, or Knowledge), and Ananda (Bliss).

Existence, Consciousness and Bliss are not attributes of Brahman but Brahman Itself.

"Brahman is Sat-Chit-Ananda (ever-present, ever-conscious, ever-blissful)."

SAT (Existence) —

"In the beginning, my dear, this [universe] was Being (Sat) alone, one only without a second." (Chandogya Upanishad 6.2.1 also Aitareya Upanishad 1.1.1)

"All this that we see in the world is Brahman." Sanskrit: sarvam khalv idam brahma. (Chandogya Upanishad 3.14.1)

"Brahman is Reality, Knowledge, and Infinity." (Taittiriya Upanishad 2.1.3)

CHIT (Consciousness) —

"Brahman is Consciousness." Sanskrit: prajnanam brahma. (Aitareya Upanishad 3.1.3)

ANANADA (Bliss) —

"Brahman is bliss (ananda)." (Taittiriya Upanishad 3.6.1)

Brahman is however formless or personal depending on one's own viewpoint and understanding that is the difference and why there is many sects etc and different understandings of Brahman.

now I need to watch some football b4 I go zzzz :wave:

No Hindu I have ever met says they are polytheist nor does any of our holy scripts say that, infact the most important teaching is atman = brahman in Hinduism which is complex to explain and will take me hours.

I will make it easy and give a video which will do the job better than me

Thanks for the share some interesting stuff, I guess the hindus I converse with just don't know better even a majority on this forum.

This is the first time I am hearing about a hindu trinity. :unsure:

Well not as such the Supreme being is Brahman but if u ask a Vaishnav who is the Supreme being they will say Vishnu if you ask a Shiva chap they will say Shiva but that entity is one which is Brahman.

"That thou art." ("You are the Supreme.") Sanskrit: Tat Tvam Asi. (Chandogya Upanishad 6.8.7)

"The Self (the Soul) is Brahman." Sanskrit: ayam atma brahma. (Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 4.4.5)

"I am Brahman." Sanskrit: aham brahmasmi. (Brihadaranyaka Upanishad 1.4.10)

other sayings:

There is One who is the eternal Reality among non-eternal objects, the one [truly] conscious Entity among conscious objects, and who, though non-dual, fulfils the desires of many. Eternal peace belongs to the wise, who perceive Him within themselves—not to others. (Katha Upanishad 2.2.13)

This is the truth which can be found in all major religions

The Vedanta often describes Brahman as Sat-Chit-Ananda. Sat (Existence, Reality, or Being), Chit (Consciousness, or Knowledge), and Ananda (Bliss).

Existence, Consciousness and Bliss are not attributes of Brahman but Brahman Itself.

"Brahman is Sat-Chit-Ananda (ever-present, ever-conscious, ever-blissful)."

SAT (Existence) —

"In the beginning, my dear, this [universe] was Being (Sat) alone, one only without a second." (Chandogya Upanishad 6.2.1 also Aitareya Upanishad 1.1.1)

"All this that we see in the world is Brahman." Sanskrit: sarvam khalv idam brahma. (Chandogya Upanishad 3.14.1)

"Brahman is Reality, Knowledge, and Infinity." (Taittiriya Upanishad 2.1.3)

CHIT (Consciousness) —

ANANADA (Bliss) —

"Brahman is bliss (ananda)." (Taittiriya Upanishad 3.6.1)

Well perceptions may differ......you can consider Brahma as the supreme power......from where the monotheistic twist comes in Hinduism......BUT don't you agree, the 'millions of gods' in Hinduism is pure BS....

......This is the first time I am hearing about a hindu trinity. :unsure:

Not surprising to us/me......
This may help you: http://hinduism.about.com/od/godsgoddesses/p/brahma.htm

Well perceptions may differ......you can consider Brahma as the supreme power......from where the monotheistic twist comes in Hinduism......BUT don't you agree, the 'millions of gods' in Hinduism is pure BS....

There is a good video on youtube on this which explains all the deva's and devi's like in Abrahamic religions they have angels etc (although different in ours) is all Brahman just like we are also part of Brahman and everything around us.

^^^^^
But, will all the Devas and Devis added together count to one million......I don't think so.....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom