What's new

Mohenjo Daro existed in early Harappan era no absence of monumental buildings/elites

It's the most obvious one. Over the years I have noticed that the most obvious possibility has been overlooked [driven by agenda] and instead wild theories that all of IVC 'took trains' and settled in South of India etc or Ganga valley. Of course this idea is driven by the desperation of Indians to build their narrative. In all this what was the most obvious and staring them in the face was/is ignored. You don';t see anybody claim that ancient Egyptians took a Daewoo bus to Central Africa. Or Mesopotamians all swam to Europe. Or ancient Greeks moved to Syria. Much modified their successors are still there today.

Fact is while people move. Indead it is possible IVC individuals settled in Turkmenistan, Iraq, Burma, India etc but the majority remained in situ. This is the default you see across the globe. However the default you see across the globe is evolution. As waves of newcomers come, each leaves a layer. The Indus for a millenia has recieved waves from our westerly hinterlands. As I said each wave left a layer. As newer layers built up the population evolved. Culture evolved. Religions came and went. In 2020 you see the product of 5,000 years of drama.

As each region of Pakistan went through it's own journey [althoug there was much overlap] you can ses today the regional differances in Pakistan. Each beautiful in their own way. All making the kalaidascope that is Pakistan. But one constant through remained as 1,000s of years rolled on.

The mighty Indus River. Nourishing the land and giving life to it's people. And in 2020 the Indus is as, indeed if not even more important then it ever was. If Indus stopped flowing Pakistan would wither away and die as a nation.

It is a nonsensical notion that they just packed up their bags and left, with IVC just 'randomly' disappearing one day.

What instead occurred was a sharp decline in urban settlements, with many cities being abandoned for a multitude of reasons, the remaining inhabitants most likely returned to rural living. We have archaeological evidence of continued presence, albeit; with a much more meager footprint.

Similar instances also happened in various other civilizations around the world;
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greek_Dark_Ages
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Intermediate_Period_of_Egypt

These civilizations saw signs of recovery after several centuries, however in the case of IVC, the remnants were absorbed by the migrating Aryans before any instance of 'recovery' could happen, taking on a new language and culture, which themselves were influenced by these remnants.

Many IVC sites saw intermittent reoccupation, such as Pirak and most famously Mohenjo Daro, the stupa of Mohenjo Daro for example was built during the Buddhist period, thousands of years after the 'collapse' of IVC.

Interesting hypothesis:tup::tup::tup:.

we still have not excavated enough of the sites or deciphered their language they left behind maybe there are clues to be found, but who knows.

we still have not excavated enough of the sites or deciphered their language they left behind maybe there are clues to be found, but who knows.
True. All the more reason people living on other side of the continent bellowing over what is a Sindhi heritage stop their delusions. Just because I am Caucasian does not mean I can delude that my grandfathers built Sonehenge or the Parthenon.

True. All the more reason people living on other side of the continent bellowing over what is a Sindhi heritage stop their delusions. Just because I am Caucasian does not mean I can delude that my grandfathers built Sonehenge or the Parthenon.
unfortunately, many of such historic sites face the same issue. I saw a debate which may interest you its about egypt though but an incredible show of catfighting in the circles of 'academia'.

upload_2020-4-16_7-16-20.png

https://canvas.wisc.edu/courses/48978/files/2427913?module_item_id=697603

Back
Top Bottom