What's new

Modified Stealth Helicopter in OBL raid

You think that will stop the accusations when China makes a stealthy helicopter?

Apparently we are just that good.

we can apparently make this

J-20groundgrew.jpg

from this

f117crash4rn6.jpg

First of all, nobody except a few in the US military even know what this thing look likes. So how can china copy it.

Second i for one don't believe this whole "China made the J-20 from the parts of the downed F-117" bullshit, the only thing useful china could of took from the F-117 is the RAM, thats it everything else is junk.

I agree with u.....
It was discussed last night on GEO TV ....and there were experts, farmer journals views that it was shared, but the location and the target was unknown and the establishment was ordered to stay down.

They were stealth, fle low altitude and radar jammers were there to keep the target location secret.....discussed last night.

well if wat u r sayin is true then i dont thk America would have used stealth helis, they could have done the OP with normal Black hawks aswell. Plus if they did use stealth helis and flew them from tarbela then im sure PA knows wat the complete heli looks like and the tail salvaged can be an imp piece in tryin to build a localized heli or we could study the paint and apply it to our aircrafts :pakistan:

This is the first time we have ever seen this (along with being the first stealth helicopter of its kind) who knows what else the U.S. operates. They have a distinct advantage over many. Most countries buy their arms off the export/international markets. U.S. has a advantage of being able to build and keep such elements to themselves.

This is the first time we have ever seen this (along with being the first stealth helicopter of its kind) who knows what else the U.S. operates. They have a distinct advantage over many. Most countries buy their arms off the export/international markets. U.S. has a advantage of being able to build and keep such elements to themselves.

With a Black budget of 50 billion $ I don't this is surprising in that context.

the most useful post regarding OBL as yet. now this is how i integrate the picture.

1.The CIA with or without the ISI help implanted some arabs for any purpuse (negotiations or asyllum) in the compound.
2.The US forces assaulted and killed the implanted jihadis/miscreants/arabs that were carefully planted
3.Pak army was not informed about the attack as it is evident by the chopper and neighbors because the army arrived late.
4.The COAS and MI and ISI are in awe and shock. not because they care about soverighnity, but how would they handle public opinion. now the ARMY/ISI/MI mumbo jumbo is sandwitched between US demands and public humiliation in this tactical predicament.
5. Pakistani army is now poised to do operation in NWA and Queta as the CIA can easily blame ISI for protecting OSAMA.

keep the bottom line in sigth: the compound was too HOT and structures like these STANDOUT. the ISI knew there are some guys in it. but the secret operation and the CUNNING move of OSAMA inside could never be imagined by ISI gurus. they caught us in the web. it always happen the same.

the following will now ultimately take place.

a. Quetta , karachi assault so the quetta shura or al qaeda + lashkare jhangvi alliance is broken.
b. NWA . all has been already cleared, but a final show down will be done.
c. Attack on muridke or DI khan madrassahs/compounds is eveident as indians will start talking about them.
d. change in deobandi madrassahs. sysllabus or charity. they will not spare this system for now and for all .

Pakistan needs to keep this for itself. All of you fools suggesting Pakistan share this are acting like uneducated peasants.

well if wat u r sayin is true then i dont thk America would have used stealth helis, they could have done the OP with normal Black hawks aswell. Plus if they did use stealth helis and flew them from tarbela then im sure PA knows wat the complete heli looks like and the tail salvaged can be an imp piece in tryin to build a localized heli or we could study the paint and apply it to our aircrafts :pakistan:

I am no expert on Helicopters but I think the purpose of deployment of stealth helicopters was not to remain hidden from the radars of Pakistan because let’s be realistic, a helicopter is not a jet, at the speed it flies it needs a lot of time to reach from Afghanistan to Abbotabad and is thus vulnerable to detection. I think since they are modified for stealth, they must have reduced noise levels and the advantage of the element of surprise on the occupants of the house and that is the reason they were used.
Furthermore, it is childish to say that since PA has "Seen" these helo's thoroughly they should be able to develop the same with only the mechanism of the tail rudder because by this theory every country having the resources should be able to copy the F-22 because i am sure you can find detailed diagrams of it on the internet let alone the pictures.

Sir Pshamim said on pakdef.info quoting a source from the PA that PA was well aware of this mission although they were only aware that the seals are going after a "High profile target" and had no idea it was OBL. PA establishment in Abbotabad were asked to stand down. The chopper flew from PA Tarbela establishment and went back the same way. The undetected intrusion thing is pure BS.

i agree with you....in the morning after the attack my father told me that the choppers had landed at tarbela beforre in all probability....and the news channels didnt know it then.

the welding on the tail section is pretty crude,is this real picture? such bad welding on a stealth chopper? source of the pictures please.

I am no expert on Helicopters but I think the purpose of deployment of stealth helicopters was not to remain hidden from the radars of Pakistan because let’s be realistic, a helicopter is not a jet, at the speed it flies it needs a lot of time to reach from Afghanistan to Abbotabad and is thus vulnerable to detection. I think since they are modified for stealth, they must have reduced noise levels and the advantage of the element of surprise on the occupants of the house and that is the reason they were used.
Furthermore, it is childish to say that since PA has "Seen" these helo's thoroughly they should be able to develop the same with only the mechanism of the tail rudder because by this theory every country having the resources should be able to copy the F-22 because i am sure you can find detailed diagrams of it on the internet let alone the pictures.

I agree with ur first part

But on ur second part, true everyone has seen an f22 but cannot built it, but this heli has not been seen by the public as yet so no one knows wat it looks like, so if it flew from tarbela PA would know the complete picture not only the rudder, plus PA has a major piece of it still intact which i believe holds in it self many secrets, i dont thk any country in the world has a piece of f22 lying around:no:

Hi, I had posted this a day ago in the thread "Air space violated..." However that thread has been deleted for some reason.

Bin Laden Raid May Have Exposed Stealth Helo | AVIATION WEEK

/*******************************************/
Bin Laden Raid May Have Exposed Stealth Helo
May 4, 2011
By Bill Sweetman william_sweetman@aviationweek.com

A previously undisclosed, classified stealth helicopter apparently was part of the U.S. task force that killed Osama bin Laden in Pakistan on May 1.

The exact type of helicopter is unknown but it appears to be a highly modified version of an H-60 Blackhawk. Photos disseminated via the European PressPhoto agency and attributed to an anonymous stringer show that the helicopter’s tail features stealth-configured shapes on the boom and the tail rotor hub fairings, swept stabilizers and a “dishpan” cover over a five-or-six-blade tail rotor. It has a silver-loaded infrared suppression finish similar to that seen on V-22s.

See AviationWeek.com/ares for some photographs.

The aircraft was damaged during the mission and abandoned. The mission team destroyed most of the airframe but its tail section landed outside the wall of the target compound and escaped demolition.

Stealth helicopter technology is not new and was applied extensively to the Boeing/Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche, cancelled in 2004. Compared with fixed-wing stealth, more emphasis is usually placed on noise and infrared signatures.

Noise can be reduced and made less conspicuous by adding blades to the main and tail rotors. It can also be reduced by aerodynamic modifications and flight control changes that make it possible to reduce rotor rpm, particularly in forward flight below maximum speed. Infrared reduction measures are crucial - the Comanche had an elaborate system of exhaust ducts and fresh-air ejectors in its tailboom.

Radar cross-section (RCS) reduction measures include flattened and canted body sides, making landing gear and other features retractable, and adding fairings over the rotor hubs. It usually is not possible to achieve the same - you can’t make a helo as radar-stealthy as a fixed-wing airplane, but helicopters generally operate at low altitude in ground clutter. Reducing RCS also makes jamming more effective, whether from the aircraft itself or from a standoff jammer.

As mentioned in the above article given by Ang stealth helcopters are nothing new.

The BOEING-SIKORSKY RAH-66 COMANCHE STEALTH HELICOPTER was going to be the first stealth copter in the world but it was abadond due to cost and favors of UAVs

heres the article on RAH-66 Comanche

The Boeing-Sikorsky RAh-66 Comanche Stealth Helicopter, page 1
Aviation: Ever heard of the Boeing/Sikorsky RAH-66 Comanche?
Boeing/Sikorsky RAH-66 "Comanche" helicopter - development history, photos, technical data

Pictures:

http://wcs.sikorsky.com/Images/Real_WCS/US-en/comanche.jpg

http://www.aviastar.org/foto/boeing_comanche.gif

Videos:

------------------------------

It also impose a very important situation....
If AMerica can penatrate into Pakistan like this , using stealth craft without being noticed, the Pakistan AIr defence, radars, SAM, Early Warning systerm is pretty useless

Can anyone explain how they were able to do this when Pakistan air defence is pretty strong ?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Pakistanis probably sold the reamining parts of the aircraft to the Chinese. Great.

Go China....:china: Pak brothers will have a few of them once production is in full....:pakistan:

China will have the highest of Stealth Tech, Russians and Indians will be mad...:lol:

I really hope Pakistan gives these to China and Russia.

Just China, Russia dont' have the means or the How to on how to reverse engineer, they will make inferior copies, while chinese will be as good or even better...:china:

Go China....:china: Pak brothers will have a few of them once production is in full....:pakistan:

China will have the highest of Stealth Tech, Russians and Indians will be mad...:lol:

This inability of a lot Pakistanis to see beyond India and the tendency of needing always needing crutch (earlier USA now China) to stand on is incredible.. The best you do is embarrass the sensible Pakistanis who dont think like you.. And of course give a good laugh to folks on this side of the border..

{waiting for the posts about India's poverty and aid to start now ;) }

Back
Top Bottom