What's new

Modified Stealth Helicopter in OBL raid

I have only one question ,

Its mean our AWACS & SAAB systen are totally "SCRAPE"
Am i right ?

It was a secretly developed stealth helicopter, probably a highly modified version of an H-60 Blackhawk. Photos published in the Daily Mail and on the Secret Projects board show that the helicopter's tail features stealth-configured shapes on the boom and tip fairings, swept stabilizers and a "dishpan" cover over a non-standard five-or-six-blade tail rotor. It has a silver-loaded infra-red suppression finish similar to that seen on some V-22s.

No wonder the team tried to destroy it. The photos show that they did a thorough job - except for the end of the tailboom, which ended up outside the compound wall. (It almost looks as if the helo's tail hit the wall on landing.)

Stealth helicopter technology in itself is not new and was applied extensively to the RAH-66 Comanche. Priorities are usually different versus fixed-wing aircraft. Reducing noise and making it less conspicuous is the first job (more main and tail blades reduce the classic whop-whop signature). Listen here.

Noise can also be reduced by aerodynamic modifications and flight control changes that make it possible to slow the rotor down, particularly in forward flight below maximum speed. Infra-red reduction measures are crucial -- the Comanche had an elaborate system of exhaust ducts and fresh-air mixers in its tailboom.

blog post photo

Radar cross-section reduction is also possible - you can't make a helo as radar-stealthy as a fixed-wing airplane, because of all its moving parts, but on the other hand it is generally operating at low altitude in ground clutter, and is not an easy target. Reducing RCS also makes jamming more effective, whether from the aircraft itself or from a standoff jammer.

The willingness to compromise this technology shows the importance of the mission in the eyes of US commanders -- and what we're seeing here also explains why Pakistani defenses didn't see the first wave (at least) coming in.

Update: Quellish at Secret Projects mentions an ancestor system.

7bc3f980-bd16-4c2e-a0a5-84ac1faf5e1e.Full.jpg

Stealth helicopter technology in itself is not new and was applied extensively to the RAH-66 Comanche.

http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/blog...&plckScript=blogScript&plckElementId=blogDest

I have only one question ,

Its mean our AWACS & SAAB systen are totally "SCRAPE"
Am i right ?

1-SAAB erieye is an AWACS system and the only AWACS we have til now.
2-Erieye's deployment area is also not known
3-Erieye is not up 24/7 as we only have two (one being the training platform)
so if US used stealth chopper with terrain mapping helped by mountainous area there is a little doubt that they would have come undetected.
its not necessary that they would have made a plan in hurry as CIA said that it monitored the area considerably

This partly explains why US was able to come in undetected, however, what is suspicious is that army personnel asked people to switch their lights off a couple of hours before the operation started. but anyways, now this wreckage should not be handed over to yanks, they must pay at least some minimal price for their act. I hope military and political leadership has some guts to show
nope the helicopters landed at exactly 12:25 am.... the one who hit some wall and was damaged so unable to fly back...so Navy seals destroyed it by the missile.
The navy seals were dropped at the same time 12:25am....they told the residents in Pushto...go inside ure homes and turn off ure lights...the operation lasted upto 1:15 am when they destroyed their damaged heli...then Army wokeup after they blasted their heli and were leaving....:what:

^^^^....man...i dont think they speak pashto in abbotbaad!!!....they speak hindko...96% at least...then some other language then only 2% speak pashto!!!..

61350588.jpg

The other burnt part of the helo

---------- Post added at 08:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 AM ----------

Is any radar have the capability to deduct Stealth

Sir Pshamim said on pakdef.info quoting a source from the PA that PA was well aware of this mission although they were only aware that the seals are going after a "High profile target" and had no idea it was OBL. PA establishment in Abbotabad were asked to stand down. The chopper flew from PA Tarbela establishment and went back the same way. The undetected intrusion thing is pure BS.

Question comes ......How can a stealh Air Craft and Helo can be detected???

Sir Pshamim said on pakdef.info quoting a source from the PA that PA was well aware of this mission although they were only aware that the seals are going after a "High profile target" and had no idea it was OBL. PA establishment in Abbotabad were asked to stand down. The chopper flew from PA Tarbela establishment and went back the same way. The undetected intrusion thing is pure BS.

I agree with u.....
It was discussed last night on GEO TV ....and there were experts, farmer journals views that it was shared, but the location and the target was unknown and the establishment was ordered to stay down.

They were stealth, fle low altitude and radar jammers were there to keep the target location secret.....discussed last night.

I read that the seals themselves destroyed the chopper as it was in a damaged condition. If thats the case,they would have taken special care to completly distroy the key parts.

Back
Top Bottom