What's new

Modern fighters,submarines for Bangladesh military

ARKhan

New Recruit

Reaction score
4 subs, 3 frigates, 16 ultra modern fighters for military

25 November 2005
Staff Correspondent, Dhaka

The Bangladesh military forces are in the process of purchasing heavy war equipment to modernise and expand it's military capabilities.

The Bangladesh Army is purchasing atleast 48 Main Battle Tanks (MBTs) from either China or Pakistan, 66 Armoured Personnel Carriers from Russia and modernising it's existing tanks with necessary equipment. Tenders for the purchase of heavy tank transporters, engineering vehicles have already been given out.

New artillery regiments equipped with self propelled howitzers and medium artillery are also to be formed.

The Bangladesh Air Force will acquire 16 ultra modern multi role long range strike fighter aircraft and 12 training aircraft. It should be noted that the air force already purchased twelve F-7MG's recently.

The Air Force also plans to acquire long range surface to air missiles integrated with the national air defence network.

It has been suggested by defence personnel that the 16 multi role ultra modern fighter aircraft could come in the form of Russian Su-30 which is one of the most deadliest aircraft in the world in terms of its lethal fire power and high speed maneuvering.

The fighter aircraft will replace BAF's fleet of 8 MiG-29's which currently form the backbone of the BAF.

The Bangladesh Navy is also gradually acquiring Maritime Patrol Aircrafts (MPA), helicopters, 4 submarines, 3 guided missile frigates and 12 missile corvettes and patrol craft.

The Bangladesh Coast Guard also plans to acquire a Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) and a variety of patrol ships.

The government of Bangladesh has made it clear that it will do everything possible to establish a strong and powerful military force that is able to meet the requirements of the 21st century.

Story from Bangladesh Military Forces:
http://www.bdmilitary.com/main/reports/new...ews_2005_11.htm

Wow, Su-30s! How can Bangladesh get that? Well it is only 12, but the cost of maintnence will be very high! What submarine will Bangladesh get?

If Bangladesh can get Su-30 i dont think BAF should be happy. The maintainance of these jets will be a lot considering Bangladesh's economy, and its only 12 i dont understand whats up with that?

12 are not going to do as much damage that it needs to. Bangladesh should order F-16 Block 50 instead they will be relatively cheap with unit cost, plus maintainance.

If BAF gets F-16s that will increase its latest aircrafts squadrons to possibly 2.

But i think Su-30 is good though, but i dont see why would BAF needs it. Unless its going to fight with IAF.

One more thing, wouldn't India have problem with Bangladesh buying Su-30s from Russia?

They are purchasing 16 aircraft for now, but in the future they will increase it by folds as the economic report is sunny and overall the country is doing good so the government can afford to spend money on new defence hardware.

Originally posted by WebMaster@Nov 26 2005, 05:34 AM
If Bangladesh can get Su-30 i dont think BAF should be happy. The maintainance of these jets will be a lot considering Bangladesh's economy, and its only 12 i dont understand whats up with that?
[post=3706]Quoted post[/post]​

I even dont understand the procurement of 8 MiG-29A/UB for the BAF.

12 are not going to do as much damage that it needs to. Bangladesh should order F-16 Block 50 instead they will be relatively cheap with unit cost, plus maintainance.

On paper. Bangladeshi aviation industry lacks esblishemnts like HAL who can do the maintainance and overhauling of their aircrafts. So the Bangladeshi's have to depend on the foriegn countries for the F-16 maintatnance which wont be cheap obviously.

If BAF gets F-16s that will increase its latest aircrafts squadrons to possibly 2.

Whats the point?

But i think Su-30 is good though, but i dont see why would BAF needs it. Unless its going to fight with IAF. 

and even if they buy it.

How about training? Latest avionics and equipments and mostly the armaments???

One more thing, wouldn't India have problem with Bangladesh buying Su-30s from Russia?

We dont have any problems. In past they bought MiG-29's. They can go for flankers as well. Dosent make any difference with an airforce which has 3 operational bases and is surrounded by the IAF/IN by all sides.

Miro

What do Bangladesh really what to do.Do they think that in this way India would get afraid of them nope.
They must not spend that much on defence.The induction of this AC in BAF would be like you are making a recipe and you add only one carrot,one egg,one tomato,one potato and other things which are also in the same number which is one.The purpose which you want to aquire is that you want to get taste to all those things what you have added in the recipe. this would get messed up.
So if BAF really want a high tech AC it must have a single type of plane,this would decrease their maintainance cost and if they are thinkig that they can really scare India they can't do that.On one hand Bangladesh wanted PAF to give them old ageing planes which would get retire from the PAF and on the other hand BAF wants to buy High tech Planes.
I am surprised India dont have any policy with Russia that they shoudnt provide High Tech defence materials to Bangladesh

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 26 2005, 05:56 PM
See Bangladesh can never procure and maintain hi-tech Russian or Amriki products in large numbers.

Besides my mother use to tell me the story of a monkey who takes a cutter of a Carpenter and tries to make some work on wood.

Instead of making something good on wood, the moneky get's his tale cut by the cutter due to some stupid acts of him.

See we really dont bothor.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=]Quoted post[/post]​

Dont underestimate any one.There are other small countries which are smaller in size then that of BD but their ecenomy is huge you can see the singapore.If BD really want to develop they have to review their foreign policy and make other adjustment by which investers feel comfortable

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 26 2005, 05:36 AM
I even dont understand the procurement of 8 MiG-29A/UB for the BAF.
On paper. Bangladeshi aviation industry lacks esblishemnts like HAL who can do the maintainance and overhauling of their aircrafts. So the Bangladeshi's have to depend on the foriegn countries for the F-16 maintatnance which wont be cheap obviously.
Whats the point?
and even if they buy it.

How about training? Latest avionics and equipments and mostly the armaments???
We dont have any problems. In past they bought MiG-29's. They can go for flankers as well. Dosent make any difference with an airforce which has 3 operational bases and is surrounded by the IAF/IN by all sides.

Miro
[post=3727]Quoted post[/post]​

Don't underestimate Bangladesh's defense industry. They've converted their old T-54s into hi-tech APCs and are about to produce indigenous patrol craft. It's a start. In 20 years they can conduct maintenence of aircraft and overhauling.

Miroslav what are you talking about?

Since when did anyone ask for advice from Indians when purchasing defence products. I am sure the air force personnel and defence strategists are competent enough to procure and plan for the modernisation of the military forces.

A soverign nation must have a strong military force. It is common sense as today's environment especially in South Asia is unstable whether you are dealing with internal problems or facing aggression from neighbouring forces.

Regarding the Bangladesh defence industry and comparision with HAL. Their is obviously no comparision because Bangladesh does not have an aviation industry as such and it does not require one currently because the requirement of the BAF and military aviation wings can be met from overseas suppliers.

Though it is very foolish and arrogent of you to underestimate any country (a common disease amongst Indians) because in history we all know that underestimating ones enemy can be fatal.

Anyway the Bangladesh Navy and army both have defence industries that are producing patrol ships, maintainance works on all electronic, mechanical parts of ships in the Bangladesh Navy and BCG.

The Army has two factories that produce everything from Motorola wireless sets to bulletproof jackets, rifles, ammunition, trucks, conversion/upgrade of tanks and APC's.

In the future the Navy hopes to build 2000-3000 DWT frigates locally with indegenious design. Currently lare patrol boats are being built locally apart from the fact that they are designed by Bangladesh Navy architects.

Also from a historical point of view Bangladesh dockyards are the only dockyards in South Asia to export a frigate or warship to Europe. In the 17th century a sophisticated warship was was built for the German Navy.

And one thing I don't understand how Islam came into this discussion? Please don't bring religion into defence related discussions. Bangladeshis have been very tolerant towards Hindus but your negative views should change or you will only reinforce the views of extremist Muslims against India which will mean you are digging your own graves creating enemies in every direction.

bangladesh wants these planes to patrol their skies...against any rogue hostiles or any any terrorists etc...

but if they are planing to mount a detterence against india then how would this change the subcontinental strategic map?

as we know if they face any eminent danger of invasion by india Pakistan is more then willing to change its policy on the use of nukes. our brothers need only ask. just like
"there would be grave consequences if Iran is attacked"

Originally posted by bdmilitary@Nov 27 2005, 03:11 AM
In the future the Navy hopes to build 2000-3000 DWT frigates locally with indegenious design.
[post=3842]Quoted post[/post]​
any specs??

Originally posted by Yahya@Nov 27 2005, 09:44 AM
bangladesh wants these planes to patrol their skies...against any rogue hostiles or any any terrorists etc...
[post=3845]Quoted post[/post]​

Dose that include IAF.

Coz IAF jets when they travel to the NE bases from the east or vice versa they generally fly from over the Bangladeshi airspace to save the time and fuel.

Out of 100 times more than 80 times Bangladeshi radars couldn't pick them up. For 15 times or so when they pick them up they dont have enough good SAM's to threat them.

Lastly when they think of airborning the jets to intercept the Indians, by the time Indian jets enter their airspace.

and once in a while the BAF publishes the report in the newspapers that IAF jets intruded into their soveriegn airspace but dosent mention anything what cure they did to burst them out.

See the below map you will understand whhat I am trying to say.

Map of the Eastern Air Command of The Indian Air Force.

Thanks,

Miro

Miroslav what are you talking about?
[post=3842]Quoted post[/post]​

Reality.

Whether you like it or not.

Since when did anyone ask for advice from Indians when purchasing defence products. I am sure the air force personnel and defence strategists are competent enough to procure and plan for the modernisation of the military forces.

I haven't given any advice. I am getting entertained by reading all this about Bangladesh that they are gonna acquire this and that.

A soverign nation must have a strong military force. It is common sense as today's environment especially in South Asia is unstable whether you are dealing with internal problems or facing aggression from neighbouring forces.

Have It! Have It!

Buy whatever you want nobody is scared of you.

Regarding the Bangladesh defence industry and comparision with HAL. Their is obviously no comparision because Bangladesh does not have an aviation industry as such and it does not require one currently because the requirement of the BAF and military aviation wings can be met from overseas suppliers.

That was my whole point. Costly maintainance of the new modern jets.

Though it is very foolish and arrogent of you to underestimate any country (a common disease amongst Indians) because in history we all know that underestimating ones enemy can be fatal.

You are getting personal by saying all Indians.

We are not underestimating anybody but then we are neither excited nor scared of Bangladesh.

With Pakistani (West Pakistani by that time) fighting it took us 13 days. With your forces it will take less than a week no matter how you jump out with your modern procurements.

Anyway the Bangladesh Navy and army both have defence industries that are producing patrol ships, maintainance works on all electronic, mechanical parts of ships in the Bangladesh Navy and BCG.

Are you aware of Indian Navy's shipbuilding capacities??? and their achievements till date??? Are you aware that Indian Navy has donated naval and marine transport ships to bangladesh in past????

The Army has two factories that produce everything from Motorola wireless sets to bulletproof jackets, rifles, ammunition, trucks, conversion/upgrade of tanks and APC's.

I need some time to count our factories.

In the future the Navy hopes to build 2000-3000 DWT frigates locally with indegenious design. Currently lare patrol boats are being built locally apart from the fact that they are designed by Bangladesh Navy architects.

Orrrrrri baba. I am scared.

The very first ship built by Indian Navy a frigate was 2682 tons and this was launched in the In back in 1972.

Also are you aware of the eastern fleet of The Indian Navy???

You are discussing some future dreams of bangladesh.

Also from a historical point of view Bangladesh dockyards are the only dockyards in South Asia to export a frigate or warship to Europe. In the 17th century a sophisticated warship was was built for the German Navy.

In the 17th Century there was no Bangladesh. It was India. Also please provide some link and or source for the above claim.

And one thing I don't understand how Islam came into this discussion? Please don't bring religion into defence related discussions.

I haven't brought religion. My point is more political. Bangladesh is heading towards being an Islamic state which is more in the anti-India interests. Whenever a country changes it's way of ruling it is a matter of concern for the neighbours.

Bangladeshis have been very tolerant towards Hindus but your negative views should change or you will only reinforce the views of extremist Muslims against India which will mean you are digging your own graves creating enemies in every direction.

Really.

Thats why your great Dalladesh rifles keep firing on BSF??? Thats why more than 100 lac Bangladeshi illigal immigrants are already in India?? and more are keep coming??

We created your nation. in 70's people of India use to pay surcharge tax and this tax was use to go to Bangladesh for the rebuilding of the nation.

But we were retuend back with the River disputes, Border disputes, firing on BSF, intrusion in India, giving asylum to the rebels of NE and provide them with training and weapons.

India has always tried to have good relations with every nation in the world but countries like Bangladesh with some blind dreams are always trying to scratch our assess.

Bottomline is buy whatever you want and jump out of your pants as much as you can your day will also come.

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 27 2005, 07:02 AM
Reality.

Whether you like it or not.
I haven't given any advice. I am getting entertained by reading all this about Bangladesh that they are gonna acquire this and that.
Have It! Have It!

Buy whatever you want nobody is scared of you.
That was my whole point. Costly maintainance of the new modern jets.
You are getting personal by saying all Indians.

We are not underestimating anybody but then we are neither excited nor scared of Bangladesh.

With Pakistani (West Pakistani by that time) fighting it took us 13 days. With your forces it will take less than a week no matter how you jump out with your modern procurements.
Are you aware of Indian Navy's shipbuilding capacities??? and their achievements till date??? Are you aware that Indian Navy has donated naval and marine transport ships to bangladesh in past????
I need some time to count our factories.
Orrrrrri baba. I am scared.

The very first ship built by Indian Navy a frigate was 2682 tons and this was launched in the In back in 1972.

Also are you aware of the eastern fleet of The Indian Navy???

You are discussing some future dreams of bangladesh.
In the 17th Century there was no Bangladesh. It was India. Also please provide some link and or source for the above claim.
I haven't brought religion. My point is more political. Bangladesh is heading towards being an Islamic state which is more in the anti-India interests. Whenever a country changes it's way of ruling it is a matter of concern for the neighbours.
Really.

Thats why your great Dalladesh rifles keep firing on BSF??? Thats why more than 100 lac Bangladeshi illigal immigrants are already in India?? and more are keep coming??

We created your nation. in 70's people of India use to pay surcharge tax and this tax was use to go to Bangladesh for the rebuilding of the nation.

But we were retuend back with the River disputes, Border disputes, firing on BSF, intrusion in India, giving asylum to the rebels of NE and provide them with training and weapons.

India has always tried to have good relations with every nation in the world but countries like Bangladesh with some blind dreams are always trying to scratch our assess.

Bottomline is buy whatever you want and jump out of your pants as much as you can your day will also come.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=3875]Quoted post[/post]​

Miro, instead of being so "scared" of Bangladesh, I think you should take a look at the Maoist insurgents who are right in your backyard. Then take a look at Kashmiri Mujahadeen, then take a look at those seperatists in the south. Oh boy!

Originally posted by Pyongyang@Nov 27 2005, 07:21 PM
Miro, instead of being so "scared" of Bangladesh, I think you should take a look at the Maoist insurgents who are right in your backyard. Then take a look at Kashmiri Mujahadeen, then take a look at those seperatists in the south. Oh boy!
[post=3891]Quoted post[/post]​

Internally we don't have problem of Maoists as much as Nepal has. Besides we have some communist naxalities. Every affected state has launched a massive offensive against them.

We even don't need Army or special forces against them as they are ill equipped.

Kashmiri Mujaheedeen are being taken care off for years but this is a never ending problem.

With Militiants helping to the quake affected people (especially orphans) before GOP can do they have many more new recruits now.

Which seperatists in south you are talking about???

LTTE???

They are fighting against Lanka and not against India.

To be very honest nobody is scared of Bangladesh. They are a bug waiting to get thrashed under our boots.

The problem is if we invade them it is gonna be Iraq in our neighbourhood as many many of them will start entering in India after the war and our headeache will increase more.

Thanks,

Miro

Originally posted by miroslav@Nov 27 2005, 09:34 AM
Internally we don't have problem of Maoists as much as Nepal has. Besides we have some communist naxalities. Every affected state has launched a massive offensive against them.

We even don't need Army or special forces against them as they are ill equipped.

Kashmiri Mujaheedeen are being taken care off for years but this is a never ending problem.

With Militiants helping to the quake affected people (especially orphans) before GOP can do they have many more new recruits now.

Which seperatists in south you are talking about???

LTTE???

They are fighting against Lanka and not against India.

To be very honest nobody is scared of Bangladesh. They are a bug waiting to get thrashed under our boots.

The problem is if we invade them it is gonna be Iraq in our neighbourhood as many many of them will start entering in India after the war and our headeache will increase more.

Thanks,

Miro
[post=3893]Quoted post[/post]​

These Christian fundamentalists trying to secede from India and start their own crazy country!

LINK

Back
Top Bottom