What's new

MKEK BORA-12 SniperRifle won Pakistani sniper tender

It sounds great, but not when you have to carry that around for miles as a rifleman/marksman. Load has to be considered for troops. From built up positions, the 0.50 caliber is good to use against soft skinned vehicles etc., but again in most cases you want it deployed in a position statically and not moved around a lot.

for its designed purpose it is a long range hard target interdiction rifle

I do not consider 50 calibre rifles as "true" sniper rifles, they are much too large and heavy to be carried easily and effectively while a sniper team operates.

they have important role and should be in the inventory, but they arent an everyday sniper rifle.

Use them when the mission dictates, which might include overwatch positions (where little movement is involved), defensive positions, small hunter teams searching hard targets (where more then just the sniper team goes out), etc.

Kalekalip snipers (Kale is a subcontactor of MKEK in Turkish infantry rifle project )

-Kalekalip-Tubitak KNT-308 (7.62mm ) sniper rifle (Looks like Accuracy international )

(30% lighter than standart 7.62mm's) at 5.35 kilograms.

idef2011_aa_9.jpg

-Kalekalip-Tubitak 12.7mm anti-material sniper

Weight: 13.5kg
Effective range: 2200m

smallarms261.jpg

kalekalip-knt-idef05-1.jpg

Weight differences is clear While effective range is increasing so It is just matter of strategy desicion to select one of 7.62 or 12.7mm...

A .50 Cal is basically a Anti-Material rifle, not really designed to be used against humans wearing no protection. Against a human target 1700m away, wearing Kevlar, maybe yes. But not in normal sniper teams.

Blain2 explained it pretty perfectly.

You don't use Anti-material for anti-human everyday use.

What? I would have thought that with the wide prevalence of body armour, a .50 cal would be ideal.

Stealth fighter, in my days, in the British army, a regular infantry battalion had 6 snipers.
Bruv, I m just a curious civilian man who is attracted by the military things.. Please don't expect much from me.. Pardon me for my ignorance

that's not the objective of a sniper, to kill entire company, but to kill only high value targets, because when he fire a rifle, he disclose his location and he need to change his location, and keep in mind that you are not the only sniper on the earth, enemy snipers will be there also.

see this movie you will get some idea . . . .Enemy at the Gates

Hi,

It is a misnomer regarding thin skinned vehicles---the .50 calibre is primarily for human targets---the damage done to a human body of a frontal or anywhere .50 calibre bullet strike and the exit wound is devastating and wholly terrifying to the observer----it makes you legs go jello---makes you a firm believer in GOD momentarily and terrorizes your very heart and soul.

You can't hear the sound of the rifle shot---because it is too far away---you see the victim lifted of their feet and smashed like if hit by a canon shot----unless it is you---the bullet strike in the chest cavity will suck out your lungs and heart from the other side----if it hits the stomach---it will suck out your stomach lining and intestines and other visceral organs---

When you are being fired at from 2000 yards away---you don't hear the rifle---maybe barely---. You can't judge where the round is coming from----secondly---thge .50 is also used for thick skinned vehicles as well with a different round---.

The limit of the rifle is not the distance or the energy of the bullet----but the scope has its limitations as well---and also the difference in weather, from where you are shooting from and where the shot ends---the wind velocity may change from here to there to that farher end---.

The .308 high end sniper rifle for a superior sniper---1000 yards is going the distance in the battle zone---a .338 round would be more suitable for distances beyond a 1000 yards.

With the depleted uranium round---the .50 calibre plays havoc with thick skinned vehicles as well.

Is Pakistan getting with TOT or license to produce on its own or it will buy huge quantity of Guns ?

Is Pakistan getting with TOT or license to produce on its own or it will buy huge quantity of Guns ?

Economies of scale cannot be attained with the current requirements. Until and unless Pakistan was interested in manufacture and export, which in turn risks cannibalizing the sales of the Turkish makers or any others depending on what is finally selected, I personally do not see it as anything but outright purchase of the rifles.

Now if this was a tender for an individual weapon to replace the G-3 as an example, then one would definitely see Pakistan looking for ToT and setting up production lines in country.

impact of 50 cal on human being within 200-300 yards -- you will make qeema out of that person

Wont it just go through the body starting with a entry wound and leaving a large exit wound and still travel at a lethal velocity ?

Bruv, I m just a curious civilian man who is attracted by the military things.. Please don't expect much from me.. Pardon me for my ignorance

Just like the rest of us!

All of us are ignorant of most things; it's refreshing to meet someone with the honesty to admit it!

As a replacement of mkek barret is also a prestigious rifle (sniper)
fallensoul289_barrett-50-cal.gif

Barrett-50-cal-sniper-3.jpg

impact of 50 Cal Rifle

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

Last edited by a moderator:
As a replacement of mkek barret is also a prestigious rifle (sniper)
fallensoul289_barrett-50-cal.gif

Barrett-50-cal-sniper-3.jpg

impact of 50 Cal Rifle

---------- Post added at 11:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

[/QUOTE
These kind of Guns can turn a man body into pieces real deadly thing I have a question are their special selection procedures for the sniper guys

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom