What's new

MKEK BORA-12 SniperRifle won Pakistani sniper tender

nice work with a Muslim country. Both countries should be happy about the ongoing tender process..
Being checked by President of Turkiye
yi-20110318-kirikkale-53-mkek.jpg

turkeyi has a very cool gunship helicopter.....will be good for pakistan....specially in current circumstances.

Technology is great, but so would the cost of the rifle. The reality is that for most countries like Pakistan, a decision has to be made that is mindful of the cost of the system to be inducted. I am sure the US has better hardware in the pipeline/R&D, but not all can afford or purchase it.

If the PA doesn't field large formation of snipers, then it might be worthwhile to spend more on buying Sniper rifles. I mean, this is one thing which can create havoc for enemy formations and gives your men flexibility to take out, perhaps important men in the battlefield. It's not like PA is buying a 100,000 snipers but merely a few hundred or thousand. Cost shouldn't be an issue then. Get your most skilled marksmen the best weapon, and they would do wonders.

i guss a lot of change have occured since WOT because last i remember sniper were lone rangers or assasians in a team of 2 on eastren border but now they ccur in mixed formations both with units or alone..BTW we use SSG STYER and a varity of rifels.

Hi,

Those two are different roles---unit level sniper is still a soldier---that assasin sniper has a different job and a different character that a unit sniper may not fulfill in the unit. A unit sniper may excel to a specialty sniper of a higher degree and may change employers.

@5:11 Pakistani working at MKE speaking Turkish, detailing how BORA-12 won pakistani sniper tender against Accuracy International, Sig Sauer, Truvelo and Steel Core

From today !!!

This information is not accurate.

Pakistan Army's recent Light Sniper Rifle project has been deferred indefinitely due to shortage of funds. The rifles tested have been asked to be returned until further notification. Pakistan Army regular units continue to use the 1995 inducted Steyr Sniper Rifles while specialized units such as SSG are using Accuracy International AW7.62 sniper rifle.

Army carried out a few rounds of trials (summer and winter) earlier this year of a few light sniper rifles, but it has not short-listed let alone purchased any of them. Even the official tender has not yet been issued due to the non-completion of the selection process. Therefore, there is no question of either Bora-12 or any other rifle 'winning any tenders'!

Last edited by a moderator:
is this is as good as american 50 caliber bareeta sniper rifle

is this is as good as american 50 caliber bareeta sniper rifle

No. The .50 cal (12.77 x 99mm) is much more powerful than a 7.62 x 51 mm round. It has a longer range and more penetration power.
Remember the F-86 was fitted with six 50 cal guns

That is an Anti-material rifle , has it's disadvantages when used against humans.

But has been widely used in the WOT because it has a longer range and nothing like that is with the Taliban

That is an Anti-material rifle , has it's disadvantages when used against humans.

What? I would have thought that with the wide prevalence of body armour, a .50 cal would be ideal.

Stealth fighter, in my days, in the British army, a regular infantry battalion had 6 snipers.

agreed thats why i keep saying that out army is nuts dont know what is good for us 50 cal have more power more range what you neeed in sniper one hit even on leg can kill opponent what you ask for i think we should have bought bareeta 59 caliber for SSG troops

But the longest kill ever was done by a Canadian soldier with a British Arctic warfare rifle which fires the Finish .338 Lapua Magnun.

.338_Lapua_Magnum_pic-1.jpg

The round is smaller than .50 BMG and hence is of little anti material use

Back
Top Bottom