What's new

misfortune of Pakistan - Why are we beggers ?

Like i said it is because of weak Federal Government.We need a strong federal government which looks at larger interests of country rather then politics.

Pakistan does not need foreign aid....its just that the corrupt leaders of Pakistan are not utilizing its resources, mixed with poor economic policies have resulted in Pakistan in what it is today....its has simple as that.

Pakistan has many Billionaires yet theses fools have failed to help there country....I don't know why....maybe becuase of greed...who knows.

All that Pakistan needs is the will of government, a wise and bold decision maker, economic reforms and last but not the least a nation that knows how to work rather than sit like ducks and just complain!!

Just look how in time of Musharaf Pakistan showed its growth

At topic

At the time of Independence Pakistan was way weaker and poorer than India we were not given our share, so it was a hard time for Pakistan and Pakistanis struggled too at that time which resulted in Pakistan being a role model for economic development in 50s-60s but later after two wars with India 65-71 it gave a massive blow to economy.

Since then both the micro and macro environments of Pakistan are unstable, just years after 71 the Afghan Soviet issue rose, another instability for a decade with additional 3-4 million mouths to be fed.

After this decade long war what followed was decade long sanctions and our atomic blasts which were the need of time.

And just as these two things ended then came the time of Mushraf from 2000's where we had shown our potential to grow with economic growth upto 7% which in 2007 it was speculated to reach at 8.6 - 9% for next two years(08-09). Which would have made us the fastest growing economy.

Within six years our gdp doubled from $74Billion to $168Billion. But just after that came the terrorism, death of Benazir, political instability and later the formation of a useless government of PPP under the flag of democracy.

So, still if we just get rid of this terrorism s****, we can do well. It should be noted that our economic growth speculated at 4.5% is at the time of war not peace. But this time when terrorist attacks were lessening in numbers the flood came in to fill the gap!!

Just this year Pakistani exports went close to its highest export record, but again flood destroyed everything and for the next year exports & investments are going to take a nose dive!!

The infrastructure we made over years and titled to have the one of the few things best in the region is also badly effected and in flooded areas its just gone!!! which is another element vital for economic growth:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

Maybe the United States could help Pakistan form a tax collecting system that actually works and knock some sense into politicians who oppose it instead of sending money which is such a temporary fix.

I'm going to tell Musharraf personally about this :P.

dont ask how :P

All that Pakistan needs is the will of government, a wise and bold decision maker, economic reforms and last but not the least a nation that knows how to work rather than sit like ducks and just complain!!

But that is the problem, there is no wise goverement...in fact Pakistan is essentially run by two parties who have looted Pakistan. So how can Pakistan progress when the cycle will continue again and again....because the way I look at it.....both of these parties are already putting forward there family members for the next generation of ruling Pakistan. Zardari is an example where he came to England to upstart his son's political agenda.

Mushy was good..but why in the hell did he decide to bring back the Sharif Brother's and Bhutto...that was a mistake....it would have been best if he killed Nawaz Sharif when he had the chance in 1999 instead of extradiating him to Saudi Arabia. That statement might sound cold.....but it would have been for the greater good.

But that is the problem, there is no wise goverement...in fact Pakistan is essentially run by two parties who have looted Pakistan. So how can Pakistan progress when the cycle will continue again and again....because the way I look at it.....both of these parties are already putting forward there family members for the next generation of ruling Pakistan. Zardari is an example where he came to England to upstart his son's political agenda.

Mushy was good..but why in the hell did he decide to bring back the Sharif Brother's and Bhutto...that was a mistake....it would have been best if he killed Nawaz Sharif when he had the chance in 1999 instead of extradiating him to Saudi Arabia

Well, Im not a fan of Nawaz sharif but among others i find them less corrupt and more focused on issues other than politics. And if nothing else they at least don't keep crying over media and are less motivated towards political scoring.

But, the cure to it lies in the hands of ordinary people which seems to be better now than before. Because as long as people are supporting them nobody can do a thing. It should be a upstream wave of change from the grass root level.

I think its job of the media to educate people about right and wrong, and the good thing is that there are two different campaigns from Geo and Dawn news starting up soon to bring light on this issue.

At the time of Independence Pakistan was way weaker and poorer than India we were not given our share, so it was a hard time for Pakistan and Pakistanis struggled too at that time which resulted in Pakistan being a role model for economic development in 50s-60s but later after two wars with India 65-71 it gave a massive blow to economy.

Yes I have heard this aswell that Pakistan had such potential in the 60s that it actually could have been a Asian Tiger like Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan...but sadly it was not to be.

Yes I have heard this aswell that Pakistan had such potential in the 60s that it actually could have been a Asian Tiger like Singapore, South Korea, Hong Kong and Taiwan...but sadly it was not to be.

Yup, actually it has it even now but from 60s till now we are facing one or other form of disaster both from inside and outside and that's half a century.

But if its all peaceful for Pakistan on international level like no cold war games or strategies, no diplomatic pressures and most of all if situation in Afghanistan stabilizes and this war on terror ends, then Pakistan can show growth and like before as this happens, problems inside the country also start to disappear because it gives an opportunity to at least focus on one thing and solve the problem.

Well, Im not a fan of Nawaz sharif but among others i find them less corrupt and more focused on issues other than politics. And if nothing else they at least don't keep crying over media and are less motivated towards political scoring.

True I agree here Nawaz Sharif even though is a fool in my opinion is a million times better than Zardari. However the guy is still more interested in attacking Mushy...he has a personal vendetta. Punjab has been in his control for at least 2 and half years...yet Punjab is in a mess.

But like I said before Pakistan has huge potential in the IT sector 30% more cheaper than Indian call centres.

Last edited:
As I mentioned Pakistani System has been damaged beyond repair.
This cancer will need to be surgically removed by the knife;
down to every last infested cell
to make sure it does never grow again.

As simple as that.

Do you agree ?

I agree Salman - Though the knife has to be used against anti development sectors too who are a big hurdle in development ie WOT so we have eliminate all extremist mullahs too.

Do you agree

Yep in my opinion if Pakistan wants to progress it needs to cut this spread of Cancer.....starting with the removal of Zardari so that foreign investor's have thhe confidence to come back in the country.

This title is little harsh every1 is a smart azz these days no one let go the chance of point scoring either in politics or here on PDF or on the streets ...stupid title

yes there is problems in pakistan there are worst nations in this world which are suffering more then us ... rather then calling a nation full of baggers stand up n do something better for the ppl coming here on international forums n calling ur nation full of beggers not going to get u no where if u are really worried then stand up n start cleaning up the mess around you 1st until then u or any1 else have no right to call any1 with such names......

Last edited:
This title is little harsh every1 is a smart azz these days no one let go the chance of point scoring either in politics or here on PDF or on the streets ...stupid title

yes there is problems in pakistan there are worst nations in this world which are suffering more then us ... rather then calling a nation full of baggers stand up n do something better for the ppl coming here on international forums n calling ur nation full of beggers not going to get u no where if u are really worried then stand up n start cleaning up the mess around you

You are suggesting that we should be happily content by being beggars but not calling our selves that ?

Will you please care to elaborate on what better things can be done to cure this disease ?

Of the 4 pages of people expressing their opinion, you certainly are unique.

So lets hear your unique suggestions.

1. Expats or Non-residents criticize because they see systems working in other country and just could not accept the fact their native land(india/pakistan) are dysfunctional. Not only that, in certain sections of India this dysfunctional attitude is celebrated with terms like colorful, method to the madness etc.

2. During the late 50s and 60s Pakistan was on the right path, but the 1965 misadventure has led to exit of Ayub Khan and beginning of Bhutto era in which Pakistan moved out of development orbit. 1965 is celebrated esp. in Pakistan, but there is dawn news documentary that just shows how dysfunctional both armies were.

3. Zamindari system

4. Building Democratic institutions takes time, the tradition has to be imbibed. The democracy in Pakistan is just fits and starts and after too year people realize there is lot of corruption and cry for change from where ever it comes.

the only difference between India and Pakistan is that we are doing whatever you call development "inspite" of our government rather than bail-outs from Washington.

You are suggesting that we should be happily content by being beggars but not calling our selves that ?

Will you please care to elaborate on what better things can be done to cure this disease ?

Of the 4 pages of people expressing their opinion, you certainly are unique.

So lets hear your unique suggestions.

Your avatar say a lot about you ... so for now let's not promote this baggers theories to the world be proud of wat u are n stop pointing fingers on your ownself go ask these army generals to stop robbing the nation every now and then

People of Pakistan are not unthankful to Allah they will be rewarded for their love for pakistan n for their hard work they carry alot of dignity and pride of being a pakistani show some respect to them nobody ask any ques to those army generals who are the root cause of some of the shameful problems in pakistan
never call a pakistani bagger on the street of pakistan u will get chop into some hundred pieces,.....

Back
Top Bottom