What's new

Mineral Wealth of Pakistan is Worth more than Six Trillion Dollars

I'm not homosexual. But I know you mullah types molest children, even of your own gender. Homosexual pedophile murtad would be you.

And if you tried this anywhere and got caught for it especially in Pakistan, you'd be sentenced to death. So tell me who's breed will be extinct.
You’re an Lgbtq murtad.
We’ll see who’s breed goes extinct first

did you see the maps of the three countries?
amount of arid land (as a percentage of total area) in Pakistan is more (a LOT more) than the other 2 countries you specified.
and compared to them, our exports + productivity isnt that great either.

Sadly true.
But there is still hope because the vast majority of Pakistanis live along the Indus River and with the increasing Monsoon rains, water issues could be resolved. I consider water supply/resources as the single greatest threat to Pakistan as a country!
I am already hearing about diverting some of the annual flood water into the desert of Cholistan for agriculture use. Also, Baluchistan is getting more and more rain in such an arid region every year. A few days ago, I posted a video here about the Hub Dam near Karachi. An informed guy said there is so much water stored now that the dam could supply Karachi fully for the next three years on its own! And he also said there is so much rain in Baluchistan that another Hub Dam could be built otherwise tons of water going into the Arabian Sea every year.

About the OP, well, sounds exaggerated. But even if 1/10th could be true there is hope. And I believe in the newly emerging economic policies of Pakistan, no interference like done by the Judiciary like of the former CJP Ch. Iftikhar would be allowed--his policies majorly dented Pakistan's economy.

If you think this untapped source of income is unfortunate, you probably cant see the brilliant young brains that are wasted by the millions year after year. I don't give a sh*t about "mineral wealth"; what should bother us is the unused and ignored treasure that is the Pakistani youth.

I can't honestly say I truly know the impact of the 'brain drain' on Pakistan. I think Indians, Sri Lankans, BD and many other countries' 'youth' are going to the richer Middle Eastern and Western countries. Just a few days ago I saw a docu in which was claimed '1 out of 7 Irish people want to leave Ireland'. And from following the blogs, it appears a great desire to emigrate is present in many countries--or at least that seem exaggerated online.

In case of Pakistan, with a huge population where the universities and technical schools churn out hundreds of thousands into the labor pool every year, I suspect Pakistan can afford the 'brain drain'. It is not like some countries with small population whose 1/4th of the population are expats! I think Armenia is one of them, if memory serves me right? With lack of enough opportunities domestically, overpopulated countries might be benefiting from the export of labor. That's my guess. Again, I don't know for sure.

I can't honestly say I truly know the impact of the 'brain drain' on Pakistan. I think Indians, Sri Lankans, BD and many other countries' 'youth' are going to the richer Middle Eastern and Western countries. Just a few days ago I saw a docu in which was claimed '1 out of 7 Irish people want to leave Ireland'. And from following the blogs, it appears a great desire to emigrate is present in many countries--or at least that seem exaggerated online.

In case of Pakistan, with a huge population where the universities and technical schools churn out hundreds of thousands into the labor pool every year, I suspect Pakistan can afford the 'brain drain'. It is not like some countries with small population whose 1/4th of the population are expats! I think Armenia is one of them, if memory serves me right? With lack of enough opportunities domestically, overpopulated countries might be benefiting from the export of labor. That's my guess. Again, I don't know for sure.
The brain drain is due to Punjabis on both sides. They have been migrating since the 1800s. It's a shame that Punjab is the most prosperous province of both India and Pakistan and yet we have to hear stories of illegal migrants and brain drain. In Canada, Australia and Italy in particular, the Indian Punjabi population is booming so much so that I read that less than 55% of Sikhs are left behind in Indian Punjab and getting worst day by day and once these people get out they never go back.

I am already hearing about diverting some of the annual flood water into the desert of Cholistan for agriculture use.
we couldnt build a dam, but we will divert flood waters building a canal for hundreds of miles? it takes a lot more than just diverting water to cholistan to convert it from "Arid" to "semi arid" and then maybe cultivable land. while I appreciate the optimism, I would like to start with building dams to keep existing lands fertile as well as not encroaching and reducing cultivable lands in the name of "development" of housing socities
An informed guy said there is so much water stored now that the dam could supply Karachi fully for the next three years on its own
https://wwfasia.awsassets.panda.org/downloads/final_karachi_brief.pdf
karachi is woefully under supplied in terms of water. check that report.
hub dam was built in the 80s - karachi population now is so huge, its over the capacity of current resources.

And he also said there is so much rain in Baluchistan that another Hub Dam could be built otherwise tons of water going into the Arabian Sea every year.
i hope and pray that this happens soon.
About the OP, well, sounds exaggerated. But even if 1/10th could be true there is hope. And I believe in the newly emerging economic policies of Pakistan, no interference like done by the Judiciary like of the former CJP Ch. Iftikhar would be allowed--his policies majorly dented Pakistan's economy.
the hope is not that there is mineral wealth - many countries have done well without the mineral wealth as well.
many countries with immense mineral wealth have descended into chaos (congo, central african republic)
how much confidence do you have that the resources of pakistan will be used to serve all citizens of pakistan equally and effectively?

we couldnt build a dam, but we will divert flood waters building a canal for hundreds of miles? it takes a lot more than just diverting water to cholistan to convert it from "Arid" to "semi arid" and then maybe cultivable land.

Hundreds of miles?
Look at the flooding in last 11-12 years and see how close the desert is to the densely populated areas along the Indus River in southern Punjab and Sindh.

As I see it, while the global climate is definitely affecting Pakistan, there are opportunities from the relative concentration of the populations in a narrow corridor AND from the increased rainfall even in the arid Baluchistan. If anything is going to undo 'Pakistan' then it will be due to unwise water management policies. The rest will fall in place in time.

Back
Top Bottom