What's new

Miltant camps still in Bangladesh

It's a double line broad gauge track.

That's a flat topography, and there are several trains and buses from Kolkata everyday, the service is uninterrupted.

Siliguri corridor is not in North-East, it is in West Bengal.

No wonder Bangladeshis believe that Sayedee's face was seen on the moon, because it is on the internet.

@ni8mare That guy once asked for the proof of the existence of some highrises in Kolkata where I frequently visit, Wiki or real photos were not good enough for him, he wanted 'credible source'!! :lol:
You have no idea about how many Kolkata babus work in NE India, and how many NE Indians live, work & study in Kolkata for decades. I have many friends from places like Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Arunachal, my colleague sitting 3 cubicles apart was posted in Nagaland for 6 years, we are more integrated than you can imagine, whom are you trying to fool?
what is really amusing that being from being other country they think they know of NE. i mean the way this people talking as if these people stay in NE..as you said ..... i studied in kolkata and i kw how much kolkata is filled NE students.....and i my self stay at guwahati for study have couples of friend from NE and kw there opinion

I will agree with some of your points - but if you think clearly without bias (Take Bangladesh as _not_ an Islamist entity) then the best option for the Indian North East to develop economically is to integrate economically with Bangladesh - pure and simple. We are talking about,

1. Proximity (lower cost of exported products to the huge market of central Bangladesh and beyond to rest of India including Kolkata and Vizag, using riverine container ports and waterways as well as roadways),
2. Lower cost of Importing goods via Chittagong Port and Dhaka's road-based and riverine container ports (a lot cheaper than any other route in India).
2. Being a resource hinterland for forestry and agricultural products supplied to Bangladesh,
3. The NorthEast becoming a market for goods produced in Bangladesh whether by Indian or Bangladeshi companies.

Indian companies could set up factories in Bangladesh to,
a) Utilize NE Indian resources, and
b) Supply NE India with manufactured products as well as the rest of India (tax and duty free within SEZ's) using NE raw materials.

Money can be made using all these components,

1. Indian capital and machinery
2. Low cost Bangladeshi labor
3. Low cost agricultural and forestry resources from NE India

The Chinese would have used this to their advantage twenty years ago. Unfortunately - we Bangladeshis and Indians don't have time for this. We are too busy hating on each other , accentuating our flimsy differences and calling each other stupid names.

Just one example. Ten years ago bamboo used to rot in China. Today they have become an industry worth tens of Billions in that country. And guess what? There's plenty of Bamboo in NE India.

Bamboo cutlery

View attachment 58750

Bamboo flooring
View attachment 58751

Bamboo boxes & trays
View attachment 58752

sorry you are late we already setting up such factory in NE it self..
Tripura’s bamboo floor tiles in great demand, find markets abroad - The Hindu
BAMBOO (NMBA) : PROJECTS
and you are right about plentiful of bamboo

india, China, and Myanmar together have about 198 lakh hectares of bamboo reserves and 80 per cent of the world’s bamboo forests. Of this, India’s share is about 45 per cent,” he told IANS. “However, India’s share in global market in bamboo economy is only 4.5 per cent.
China alone had captured 50 per cent of the world market

Last edited:
It's a double line broad gauge track.

The double line doesn't extend to the North East, the railway that connects North East with Mainland is single line.

Siliguri corridor is not in North-East, it is in West Bengal.

Satkhira is in Bangladesh and North 24 Paragana is in West Bengal, yet both have same topography!

Try to use proper logic, else, it would expose the level of your IQ.

@ni8mare That guy once asked for the proof of the existence of some highrises in Kolkata where I frequently visit, Wiki or real photos were not good enough for him, he wanted 'credible source'!!

My bad! I should have commended you, after all wiki (that too without ant reference) is the most reliable source for you in your business! :lol:

The double line doesn't extend to the North East, the railway that connects North East with Mainland is single line.

Are you trying to negotiate now? :lol:

Guwahati rail station has 7 platforms, and that place is right in the middle of NE India. Some of the important trains originate and terminate through Guwahati junction are:

Train No. Train Name Origin Destination Frequency
12067/68 Guwahati Jorhat Town Jan Shatabdi Express Guwahati Jorhat Except Sunday
12345/46 Saraighat Express Howrah Junction Guwahati Daily
12235/36 Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express Dibrugarh New Delhi Weekly
12423/24 Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express Dibrugarh Town New Delhi Daily
12435/36 Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express Dibrugarh Town New Delhi Bi weekly
12501/02 Poorvottar Sampark Kranti Express Guwahati New Delhi Tri weekly
12505/06 Guwahati Anand Vihar Terminal North East Express Guwahati Anand Vihar Terminal Daily
12507/08 Guwahati Trivandrum Express Guwahati Trivandrum Weekly
12509/10 Guwahati Bangalore Express Guwahati Bangalore Tri weekly
12513/14 Guwahati Secunderabad Express Secunderabad Junction Guwahati Weekly
12515/16 Trivandrum Express Trivandrum Central Guwahati Weekly
12517/18 Kolkata – Guwahati Garib Rath Express Kolkata Guwahati Bi weekly
12525/26 Dihing Express Kolkata Dibrugarh Weekly
14055/56 Brahmaputra Mail Dibrugarh Delhi Junction Daily
15603/04 Kamakhya Ledo Inter City Express Kamakhya Ledo Daily
15605/06 Kamakhya Mariani Inter City Express Kamakhya Mariani Daily
15609/10 Avadh Assam Express New Tinsukia Lalgarh Daily
15629/30 Chennai Egmore Express Chennai Egmore Guwahati Weekly
15631/32 Barmer - Guwahati Express Barmer Guwahati Bi weekly
15635/36 Dwarka Express Okha Guwahati Weekly
15639/40 Puri - Guwahati Express Puri Guwahati Weekly
15645/46 Mumbai LTT - Guwahati Express Mumbai LTT Guwahati Bi weekly
15647/48 Mumbai LTT- Guwahati Express Mumbai Guwahati Weekly
15651/52 Lohit Express Guwahati Jammu Tawi Weekly
15653/54 Amarnath Express Guwahati Jammu Tawi Weekly
15657/58 Kanchanjunga Express Sealdah Guwahati Daily
15665/66 BG Express Kamakhya Dimapur Daily
15901/02 Dibrugarh-Bangalore Express Bangalore Dibrugarh Weekly
15903/04 Dibrugarh Chandigarh Express Dibrugarh Chandigarh Weekly
15905/06 Dibrugarh-Kanyakumari Vivek Express Dibrugarh Kanyakumari Weekly
15929/30 Dibrugarh - Chennai Egmore Express Chennai Egmore Dibrugarh Weekly
15933/34 Dibrugarh Amritsar Express Dibrugarh Amritsar Weekly
15941/42 Jhajha Dibrugarh Express Jhajha Dibrugarh Weekly
15959/60 Kamrup Express Howrah Dibrugarh Daily
25610 Jivachh Link Express Darbhanga Guwahati Daily
25631 Bikaner Guwahati Express Bikaner Guwahati Bi weekly

Satkhira is in Bangladesh and North 24 Paragana is in West Bengal, yet both have same topography!

Try to use proper logic, else, it would expose the level of your IQ.

I doubt if you even know the meaning of the term IQ!! I repeat, we don't go to Siliguri through some landslide prone hill area, the route is open 365 days*24/7.

My bad! I should have commended you, after all wiki (that too without ant reference) is the most reliable source for you in your business! :lol:

That wiki page listing the 236 ft+ high rises in Kolkata also contains real photos, and I have gone into many of those buildings, some are near my home and clearly visible from my home, and I would need "Internet sources" to validate that the building exists?? :lol: I told you I will send you some snaps if you doubt the existence of any of the buildings, you didn't reply. Here is the link.

List of tallest buildings in Kolkata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Btw, you should learn when to quit a lost argument, otherwise you would look like a clown.

@DRAY

India is giving shelter to BD militant group like jamaat
So in return shouldnt BD give shelter to this Indian separatist groups :cheers:

Are you trying to negotiate now?

Negotiation? I'm still saying that the railway is single-line which is exactly what the credible sources saying: Geography’s Curse: India’s Vulnerable ‘Chicken’s Neck’ | The Diplomat

Guwahati rail station has 7 platforms, and that place is right in the middle of NE India. Some of the important trains originate and terminate through Guwahati junction are:
Train No. Train Name Origin Destination Frequency
12067/68 Guwahati Jorhat Town Jan Shatabdi Express Guwahati Jorhat Except Sunday
12345/46 Saraighat Express Howrah Junction Guwahati Daily
12235/36 Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express Dibrugarh New Delhi Weekly
12423/24 Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express Dibrugarh Town New Delhi Daily
12435/36 Dibrugarh Rajdhani Express Dibrugarh Town New Delhi Bi weekly
12501/02 Poorvottar Sampark Kranti Express Guwahati New Delhi Tri weekly
12505/06 Guwahati Anand Vihar Terminal North East Express Guwahati Anand Vihar Terminal Daily
12507/08 Guwahati Trivandrum Express Guwahati Trivandrum Weekly
12509/10 Guwahati Bangalore Express Guwahati Bangalore Tri weekly
12513/14 Guwahati Secunderabad Express Secunderabad Junction Guwahati Weekly
12515/16 Trivandrum Express Trivandrum Central Guwahati Weekly
12517/18 Kolkata – Guwahati Garib Rath Express Kolkata Guwahati Bi weekly
12525/26 Dihing Express Kolkata Dibrugarh Weekly
14055/56 Brahmaputra Mail Dibrugarh Delhi Junction Daily
15603/04 Kamakhya Ledo Inter City Express Kamakhya Ledo Daily
15605/06 Kamakhya Mariani Inter City Express Kamakhya Mariani Daily
15609/10 Avadh Assam Express New Tinsukia Lalgarh Daily
15629/30 Chennai Egmore Express Chennai Egmore Guwahati Weekly
15631/32 Barmer - Guwahati Express Barmer Guwahati Bi weekly
15635/36 Dwarka Express Okha Guwahati Weekly
15639/40 Puri - Guwahati Express Puri Guwahati Weekly
15645/46 Mumbai LTT - Guwahati Express Mumbai LTT Guwahati Bi weekly
15647/48 Mumbai LTT- Guwahati Express Mumbai Guwahati Weekly
15651/52 Lohit Express Guwahati Jammu Tawi Weekly
15653/54 Amarnath Express Guwahati Jammu Tawi Weekly
15657/58 Kanchanjunga Express Sealdah Guwahati Daily
15665/66 BG Express Kamakhya Dimapur Daily
15901/02 Dibrugarh-Bangalore Express Bangalore Dibrugarh Weekly
15903/04 Dibrugarh Chandigarh Express Dibrugarh Chandigarh Weekly
15905/06 Dibrugarh-Kanyakumari Vivek Express Dibrugarh Kanyakumari Weekly
15929/30 Dibrugarh - Chennai Egmore Express Chennai Egmore Dibrugarh Weekly
15933/34 Dibrugarh Amritsar Express Dibrugarh Amritsar Weekly
15941/42 Jhajha Dibrugarh Express Jhajha Dibrugarh Weekly
15959/60 Kamrup Express Howrah Dibrugarh Daily
25610 Jivachh Link Express Darbhanga Guwahati Daily
25631 Bikaner Guwahati Express Bikaner Guwahati Bi weekly

And what does it prove? Are these railways that you posted entirely double line? Nope. The topic we are discussing is the "point" that connects North East with the Mainland.

I doubt if you even know the meaning of the term IQ!! I repeat, we don't go to Siliguri through some landslide prone hill area, the route is open 365 days*24/7.

Yeah..never heard of the term IQ, :rolleyes:

But I expect you to at least have the ability to understand that the route which connects Kolkata with Siliguri would be different from the one that connects Guwahati with Siliguri?

That wiki page listing the 236 ft+ high rises in Kolkata also contains real photos, and I have gone into many of those buildings, some are near my home and clearly visible from my home, and I would need "Internet sources" to validate that the building exists?? I told you I will send you some snaps if you doubt the existence of any of the buildings, you didn't reply. Here is the link.

Derailing the thread is the last resort to get away with a lost argument! :tup:

You just forgot what was the argument there. You said Kolkata has more highrises than Dhaka and showed the wiki page which is not even properly cited, I'm sure you just compared the wiki pages about Dhaka and Kolkata and came to that conclusion. What I said is that, such wiki pages are often either incomplete or exaggerated, so showing them won't prove anything. A simple test, just add a fictitious building in the list that you showed and see if it gets removed or not, you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

Btw, you should learn when to quit a lost argument, otherwise you would look like a clown.

Indeed, after all, personal commentaries of some frustrated Indians here have more weight than an article from a top world news site like The Diplomat. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
@DRAY

India is giving shelter to BD militant group like jamaat
So in return shouldnt BD give shelter to this Indian separatist groups :cheers:

India is not giving it, there is a difference between the state and an individual(s).

Negotiation? I'm still saying that the railway is single-line which is what exactly the credible sources saying: Geography’s Curse: India’s Vulnerable ‘Chicken’s Neck’ | The Diplomat

And we call such attitude 'idiocy'......go to that google map that @ni8mare posted, and see for yourself.

Btw, many so called 'credible' magazines also mention that Bangladesh is going under the sea......congrats!!

And what does it prove? Are these railways that you posted entirely double line? Nope. The topic we are discussing is the "point" that connects North East with the Mainland.

What nonsense? Ever heard of a railway station with seven platforms running on single line? Just google for images of Guwahati rail station and see for yourself.

Yeah..never heard of the term IQ, :rolleyes:

But I expect you to at least have the ability to understand that the route which connects Kolkata with Siliguri would be different from the one that connects Guwahati with Siliguri?

Definitely the route connecting point A to Point B would be different from the route connecting point B to point C !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
And the both the routes are broad gauge double line.

And the Siliguri corridor is on the route from Kolkata to Siliguri, not on Siliguri to Guwahati route.

Derailing the thread is the last resort to get away with a lost argument! :tup:

You just forgot what was the argument there. You said Kolkata has more highrises than Dhaka and showed the wiki page which is not even properly cited, I'm sure you just compared the wiki pages about Dhaka and Kolkata and came to that conclusion. What I said is that, such wiki pages are often either incomplete or exaggerated, so showing them won't prove anything. A simple test, just add a fictitious building in the list that you showed and see if it gets removed or not, you'll understand what I'm trying to say.

You have tried changing that page, and it was corrected promptly. However, point out any entry that you find doubtful in that page. Or just create a thread to compare real images, not the computer generated ones.

Indeed, after all, personal commentaries of some frustrated Indians here have more weight than an article from a top world news site like The Diplomat. :rolleyes:

Okay, if an article on the internet is gospel truth, then kiss goodbye to your country!! :lol:

Warming Climate to Hit Bangladesh Hard with Sea Level Rise, More Floods and Cyclones, World Bank Report Says

Would YOU be underwater if the polar caps melted? Map reveals what our planet would look like if sea levels rose by 260ft | Daily Mail Online

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/29/w...-the-consequences-of-climate-change.html?_r=0

http://germanwatch.org/download/klak/fb-ms-e.pdf

Environmental Impact of Sea Level Rise in the Coastal Areas of Bangladesh | Arfan Uzzaman - Academia.edu

Sea level rise | Greenpeace International

Islands Threatened By Climate Change - Business Insider

Let me know if the articles are not credible enough, there are plenty of them available, I can post a few hundred more!!

And we call such attitude 'idiocy'......go to that google map that @ni8mare posted, and see for yourself.

Btw, many so called 'credible' magazines also mention that Bangladesh is going under the sea......congrats!!

What nonsense? Ever heard of a railway station with seven platforms running on single line? Just google for images of Guwahati rail station and see for yourself.

Definitely the route connecting point A to Point B would be different from the route connecting point B to point C !!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
And the both the routes are broad gauge double line.

And the Siliguri corridor is on the route from Kolkata to Siliguri, not on Siliguri to Guwahati route.

You have tried changing that page, and it was corrected promptly. However, point out any entry that you find doubtful in that page. Or just create a thread to compare real images, not the computer generated ones.

Okay, if an article on the internet is gospel truth, then kiss goodbye to your country!! :lol:

Warming Climate to Hit Bangladesh Hard with Sea Level Rise, More Floods and Cyclones, World Bank Report Says

Would YOU be underwater if the polar caps melted? Map reveals what our planet would look like if sea levels rose by 260ft | Daily Mail Online

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/29/w...-the-consequences-of-climate-change.html?_r=0

http://germanwatch.org/download/klak/fb-ms-e.pdf

Environmental Impact of Sea Level Rise in the Coastal Areas of Bangladesh | Arfan Uzzaman - Academia.edu

Sea level rise | Greenpeace International

Islands Threatened By Climate Change - Business Insider

Let me know if the articles are not credible enough, there are plenty of them available, I can post a few hundred more!!

LOL what an idiot! Just check what I've posted and see what you have replied with a cool head. :lol:

No offense but you have a pretty low reasoning ability.

Your attempts to derail the thread further asserts my point! Thanks. :tup:

LOL what an idiot! Just check what I've posted and see what you have replied with a cool head. :lol:

No offense but you have a pretty low reasoning ability.

Your attempts to derail the thread further asserts my point! Thanks. :tup:

Still trying to make a winning score before quitting? :)

Coming back to the topic; don't bother about our NE part, bother about the militant camps inside your country, today they are trying to harm us, tomorrow they will turn against you, learn from the experiences of other countries.

Please do not feed Indian trolls, the more you feed, the more energized they get and keep leaving their open verbal defecation in this section.

Want to add anything useful (within the realm of possibilities) other than defecating here? :)

Still trying to make a winning score before quitting?

No, you win congrats!

Coming back to the topic; don't bother about our NE part, bother about the militant camps inside your country, today they are trying to harm us, tomorrow they will turn against you, learn from the experiences of other countries.

That's what I'm thinking as well which is why I'm quite concerned about the recent crack down on those North East separatist groups by GoB. Not only it's hurting our strategic interests but also causing future security threats as these groups could target Bangladesh to take their revenge. Also, the North East could become hostile to Bangladesh when it becomes independent.

That's what I'm thinking as well which is why I'm quite concerned about the recent crack down on those North East separatist groups by GoB. Not only it's hurting our strategic interests but also causing future security threats as these groups could target Bangladesh to take their revenge. Also, the North East could become hostile to Bangladesh when it becomes independent.

Not only NE India, but entire India can become hostile to Bangladesh due to these terrorists working against India from their camps inside Bangladesh, you are right, that will be a major security threat for Bangladesh, maybe more than just security threat.

Not only NE India, but entire India can become hostile to Bangladesh due to these terrorists working against India from their camps inside Bangladesh, you are right, that will be a major security threat for Bangladesh, maybe more than just security threat.

Yes, lets play hostility. Friendliness becoming boring now.

We cant do everything for you. We need something in return.

We will eliminate NE separatists and you will give shelter to anti BD jamaat.

We will give transit and you wont allow legitimate share of water.

This Indian unity my ar$. A fake country. All the states are independent and occupied same time.

They can veto any decision of the central gov. At the same time cant discuss with other countries.

The world will move forward but this harassment and confusion between states and center wont stop.

Chicken neck lol . India will slap macchlis to oblivion if they try anything .

Chicken neck lol . India will slap macchlis to oblivion if they try anything .
Well, any hostilities initiated by the vegies in any front will be reciprocated by BA by cutting off the chicken neck and destroying the big power house only 3 km inside the border in Jalpaiguri.

Back
Top Bottom