What's new

Miltant camps still in Bangladesh

seriously even i being living on that area giving full explanation still being in denial i dont no why???
And for last time NH 31 is not pron to landslide or flood because that area is not mountainous ....you are mixing with NH31A which is in Darjeeling area are pron to landslide

Look, I'm not giving my personal commentary, I've showed you the source from where I had got the information and frankly, I would prefer those articles over a story-telling by a random guy. May be I should have quoted the entire para:

All land trade between North-East India’s 40 million denizens and the rest of the country traverses the Siliguri owing to the lack of a free-trade agreement between India and Bangladesh. In 2002, Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh joined India in discussing a proposal to create a free-trade agreement that would have facilitated the movement of goods across the Siliguri corridor, but no such agreement has been established. Further reinforcing the strategic precariousness of the region is the fact that a single-line railway is all that carries rail-based freight across the Siliguri. The harsh topography of the region makes the railway and roads subject to damage from frequent landslides and natural disaster; India’s North-East is known for its record-breaking levels of rainfall.

Geography’s Curse: India’s Vulnerable ‘Chicken’s Neck’ | The Diplomat

If you really want to refute me, come up with a credible source like the one I've posted.

a single-line railway

It's a double line broad gauge track.

The harsh topography of the region makes the railway and roads subject to damage from frequent landslides and natural disaster

That's a flat topography, and there are several trains and buses from Kolkata everyday, the service is uninterrupted.

India’s North-East is known for its record-breaking levels of rainfall.

Siliguri corridor is not in North-East, it is in West Bengal.

No wonder Bangladeshis believe that Sayedee's face was seen on the moon, because it is on the internet.

@ni8mare That guy once asked for the proof of the existence of some highrises in Kolkata where I frequently visit, Wiki or real photos were not good enough for him, he wanted 'credible source'!! :lol:

Damn it!! Now I have learn about my state from a foreign magazine!! Yes, India’s North-East is known for its record-breaking levels of rainfall and some places also see frequent landslides, but Siliguri corridor is in West Bengal, and I know that place very well, I also have many friends from places like Siliguri, Jalpaiguri, Falakata, Dinhata, etc. Darjeeling is a very popular tourist spot, and Siliguri is an important business hub of West Bengal, and we travel there frequently. And I am re-posting what @ni8mare told you earlier, twice, but it didn't go into your head.

However, poor connectivity or landslides are not a criterion for separation, at least not in India; don't know about your lala land.

No Mr. Reluctant Bangladeshi, they are proud Indians, unlike you guys, they are not confused souls suffering from identity crisis after having three different nationalities in a span of mere 24 years!!

Poor connectivity plus historical background of a region work well with the growing of a separate nationalism. Mainland Indians, specially those Kolkata Babus, are not welcome in NE.

Last edited:
-- snip---

Most ridiculous statement in recent times I have heard. Geographical advantage does not give one country free hand to annex any region contagious to it. Its ability to hold that piece of land is all that matters and I see Bangladesh not capable of holding Tripura for half an hour even "if it manages to annex it in two hours." Before dreaming of such kind of chicken brained adventure I am sure your Military generals are wise enough to apprehend the repercussions, both Military and economic..

Even Bangladesh was capable of this - why would they? What would be the point? What is worth taking in Tripura relative to the risk?? It's not like Tripura is a rich hinterland full of resources and promise even if it was superbly accessible, which it is not. It ranks right up there in economic attractiveness as the CTG Hill tracts and say about the entire Northern half of Myanmar. In other words 'the sticks' harboring nothing much except leeches and cholera.

The seat of the Raja in Tripura was in present day Comilla town in Bangladesh before WWII (they moved their seat of administration to Agartala after 1947). The talented Burmans (S.D., R.D.) are all related to the royal bloodline of the Tripura kings. BTW - since the Rajas of Tripura were all great fans of sweets and they nurtured great culinary talent to flourish in their court, the town of Comilla is the 'aadi' source of I'd say the greatest milk-based sweetmeat creations in India. Things like Rasmalai, Ameerty and other creative milk-curd-based sweets were all invented in that area due to Royal patronage to serve Pooja purposes.

What are we supposed to do now if Maharani wanted to join EP? The whole saga of granting Chittagong hill tract in favor of EP was unjustified from India's point of view, being it not a Muslim majority area; If Chittagong remained within India, Maharani won't have to think twice before joining Indian dominion.

You are only partially right. CTG royal court in Mughal times as well as Business class during modern times was all Muslim and the Middle-class 'Aamla' Hindus stayed on because the tolerance level for diversity was high. But the higher and lower classes were all Muslims. @kalu_miah knows the history and can shed some light maybe.

Last edited:
Before NE, CHT needs to get freedom from Bangladeshi occupiers. The original inhabitants of CHT the chakmas must get freedom. India should start an armed insurgency there.

Can there be any parallel between Sube Bangal and an occupied NE? Sube Bangal was the dominant force in the pre-British eastern India. Even Gangaridi and Pataliputra before that ruled over entire north India.

Where as NE could not be fully occupied or integrated by Bengal except western Assam. If Bengal could not occupy NE, then how come it becomes a part of India after over passing the territory of BD? In short, NE has been forced to remain a colony of India after 1947, a British legacy.

You are logically right..But again...at the end of the day India controls NE ...That matters..if any one else can control or occupy from us, they are welcome...But till that point, that is the fact...If we go by the history...There are so many things that was not happening...But histroy is always made with course of time so do NE India will be integrated with India in due course of time..

But histroy is always made with course of time so do NE India will be integrated with India in due course of time.

NE India can not survive on its own. It does not have the resources, not even a sea port. Jungles, wildlife and water resources are not enough to survive as a nation. There is a little bit of oil and gas in Assam but that is also not enough. The other option is to be subservient to Islamists in BD. Anyone with a brain larger than a pea knows that. It is true that NE India has been neglected by the central govt for decades mainly because of its lack of strong political voice in Delhi (fewer seats in the parliament) but still there is no alternative but to remain with India. Besides NE in itself is not a region with a single monolithic entity. Idiots spewing BS here don't realize that every state in the region has distinct identity and sometimes there are issues even within NE states (as highlighted by the recent clash in Assam-Nagaland border).

Poor connectivity plus historical background of a region work well with the growing of a separate nationalism. Mainland Indians, specially those Kolkata Babus, are not welcome in NE.

You have no idea about how many Kolkata babus work in NE India, and how many NE Indians live, work & study in Kolkata for decades. I have many friends from places like Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Arunachal, my colleague sitting 3 cubicles apart was posted in Nagaland for 6 years, we are more integrated than you can imagine, whom are you trying to fool?

NE India can not survive on its own. It does not have the resources, not even a sea port. Jungles, wildlife and water resources are not enough to survive as a nation. There is a little bit of oil and gas in Assam but that is also not enough. The other option is to be subservient to Islamists in BD. Anyone with a brain larger than a pea knows that. It is true that NE India has been neglected by the central govt for decades mainly because of its lack of strong political voice in Delhi (fewer seats in the parliament) but still there is no alternative but to remain with India. Besides NE in itself is not a region with a single monolithic entity. Idiots spewing BS here don't realize that every state in the region has distinct identity and sometimes there are issues even within NE states (as highlighted by the recent clash in Assam-Nagaland border).

I will agree with some of your points - but if you think clearly without bias (Take Bangladesh as _not_ an Islamist entity) then the best option for the Indian North East to develop economically is to integrate economically with Bangladesh - pure and simple. We are talking about,

1. Proximity (lower cost of exported products to the huge market of central Bangladesh and beyond to rest of India including Kolkata and Vizag, using riverine container ports and waterways as well as roadways),
2. Lower cost of Importing goods via Chittagong Port and Dhaka's road-based and riverine container ports (a lot cheaper than any other route in India).
2. Being a resource hinterland for forestry and agricultural products supplied to Bangladesh,
3. The NorthEast becoming a market for goods produced in Bangladesh whether by Indian or Bangladeshi companies.

Indian companies could set up factories in Bangladesh to,
a) Utilize NE Indian resources, and
b) Supply NE India with manufactured products as well as the rest of India (tax and duty free within SEZ's) using NE raw materials.

Money can be made using all these components,

1. Indian capital and machinery
2. Low cost Bangladeshi labor
3. Low cost agricultural and forestry resources from NE India

The Chinese would have used this to their advantage twenty years ago. Unfortunately - we Bangladeshis and Indians don't have time for this. We are too busy hating on each other , accentuating our flimsy differences and calling each other stupid names.

Just one example. Ten years ago bamboo used to rot in China. Today they have become an industry worth tens of Billions in that country. And guess what? There's plenty of Bamboo in NE India.

Bamboo cutlery

f81627d24bbb4495746b5ea23661bf96.jpg

Bamboo flooring
31feb343976c441bd136600b98205be5.jpg

Bamboo boxes & trays
613b930c7ae8ce510f9878777b76552d.jpg

I often used to wonder why Indian politicians of all colors are so dismissive of Bangaldeshi sovereignty. Discussing with educated and opinionated Bangladeshis here (as apart from the general common folk who just live a normal life) removed the misconceptions. I now understand why India as a state behaved so. Indeed, it shows why almost every country considers BD a joke.

In fact the serious posts from some BD folks make even Zarvan's rants sound like that of a rationalist. :sick:

Some of the top points that I could get over the months in this forum -
- BD can annex Indian NE, Bengal, even Odisha.

- Some mullah's face was seen on the moon. The idiot even posted a picture, and what's worse, he wasn't even joking!

- North east is hoping for a coup de grace and fighting desperately for freedom from India and hoping to be free to join BD.

- Hindus of BD leave BD because they are Awami stooges and loot BD wealth to serve Hindutva interest. etc etc

- BD, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, China and Pakistan will unite to form a grand coalition and defeat and annex India.
(a breif excerpt)

I had asked Webby to edit this sub forum as a part of Funny/Jokes/etc section instead of giving a lofty title of 'Bangladesh Defence Forum'. I hope he does that.

I will agree with some of your points - but if you think clearly without bias (Take Bangladesh as _not_ an Islamist entity) then the best option for the Indian North East to develop economically is to integrate economically with Bangladesh - pure and simple. We are talking about,

1. Proximity (lower cost of exported products to the huge market of central Bangladesh and beyond to rest of India including Kolkata and Vizag, using riverine container ports and waterways as well as roadways),
2. Lower cost of Importing goods via Chittagong Port and Dhaka's road-based and riverine container ports (a lot cheaper than any other route in India).
2. Being a resource hinterland for forestry and agricultural products supplied to Bangladesh,
3. The NorthEast becoming a market for goods produced in Bangladesh whether by Indian or Bangladeshi companies.

Indian companies could set up factories in Bangladesh to,
a) Utilize NE Indian resources, and
b) Supply NE India with manufactured products as well as the rest of India (tax and duty free within SEZ's) using NE raw materials.

Money can be made using all these components,

1. Indian capital and machinery
2. Low cost Bangladeshi labor
3. Low cost agricultural and forestry resources from NE India

The Chinese would have used this to their advantage twenty years ago. Unfortunately - we Bangladeshis and Indians don't have time for this. We are too busy hating on each other , accentuating our flimsy differences and calling each other stupid names.

Just one example. Ten years ago bamboo used to rot in China. Today they have become an industry worth tens of Billions in that country. And guess what? There's plenty of Bamboo in NE India.

Bamboo cutlery

View attachment 58750

Bamboo flooring
View attachment 58751

Bamboo boxes & trays
View attachment 58752
No BD govt. will have the guts to sign a similar document. Whoever is in the opposition, will protest a BD sellout.

And Indians don't hate Bangladesh at all. I have never heard anything to date, other than on PDF, but that's obvious considering the quality of posters here.

Last edited:
You have no idea about how many Kolkata babus work in NE India, and how many NE Indians live, work & study in Kolkata for decades. I have many friends from places like Assam, Manipur, Tripura, Arunachal, my colleague sitting 3 cubicles apart was posted in Nagaland for 6 years, we are more integrated than you can imagine, whom are you trying to fool?
This mentality has its roots in the past, when we got freedom in 47'. Very few of the British political and military observers had the notion that India being such a divergent, heterogeneous country with so many ethnic, religious and linguistic groups had any chance to survive for a decade. It is not surprising that those who are prejudiced against India would champion such notions today.

I often used to wonder why Indian politicians of all colors are so dismissive of Bangaldeshi sovereignty. Discussing with educated and opinionated Bangladeshis here (as apart from the general common folk who just live a normal life) removed the misconceptions. I now understand why India as a state behaved so. Indeed, it shows why almost every country considers BD a joke.

In fact the serious posts from some BD folks make even Zarvan's rants sound like that of a rationalist. :sick:

Some of the top points that I could get over the months in this forum -
- BD can annex Indian NE, Bengal, even Odisha.

- Some mullah's face was seen on the moon. The idiot even posted a picture, and what's worse, he wasn't even joking!

- North east is hoping for a coup de grace and fighting desperately for freedom from India and hoping to be free to join BD.

- Hindus of BD leave BD because they are Awami stooges and loot BD wealth to serve Hindutva interest. etc etc

- BD, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bhutan, China and Pakistan will unite to form a grand coalition and defeat and annex India.
(a breif excerpt)

I had asked Webby to edit this sub forum as a part of Funny/Jokes/etc section instead of giving a lofty title of 'Bangladesh Defence Forum'. I hope he does that.

No BD govt. will have the guts to sign a similar document. Whoever is in the opposition, will protest a BD sellout.

And Indians don't hate Bangladesh at all. I have never heard anything to date, other than on PDF, but that's obvious considering the quality of posters here.

I am not an apologist for some BD posters here but you're taking them way too seriously. :lol:

To see you riled up like this validates the reasoning of their posts made for sensational purposes.

Bangladesh has an economy with a gross domestic product of US$419 billion in PPP terms and US$173.8 billion in nominal terms and growing 6~7% yearly. That doesn't happen with your logic you presented regarding Bangladeshi people's mentality . You're painting in broad (much too broad) strokes.

And does it matter in Bangladesh what Indian politicians think of our sovereignty? Think...

I am not an apologist for some BD posters here but you're taking them way too seriously. :lol:

To see you riled up like this validates the reasoning of their posts made for sensational purposes.

Bangladesh has an economy with a gross domestic product of US$419 billion in PPP terms and US$173.8 billion in nominal terms and growing 6~7% yearly. That doesn't happen with your logic you presented regarding Bangladeshi people's mentality . You're painting in broad (much too broad) strokes.

And does it matter in Bangladesh what Indian politicians think of our sovereignty? Think...
It's true, at times I give too much importance to BD folks here. But I am from a part of India that has little to do with Bangladesh, so this is one of the most visible places where BDeshis are present.

Note: Don't be fooled by the name I chose for myself. I am not a Ganguly. :P That is all part of a sinister conspiracy. :devil:

Look, I'm not giving my personal commentary, I've showed you the source from where I had got the information and frankly, I would prefer those articles over a story-telling by a random guy. May be I should have quoted the entire para:

All land trade between North-East India’s 40 million denizens and the rest of the country traverses the Siliguri owing to the lack of a free-trade agreement between India and Bangladesh. In 2002, Nepal, Bhutan, and Bangladesh joined India in discussing a proposal to create a free-trade agreement that would have facilitated the movement of goods across the Siliguri corridor, but no such agreement has been established. Further reinforcing the strategic precariousness of the region is the fact that a single-line railway is all that carries rail-based freight across the Siliguri. The harsh topography of the region makes the railway and roads subject to damage from frequent landslides and natural disaster; India’s North-East is known for its record-breaking levels of rainfall.

Geography’s Curse: India’s Vulnerable ‘Chicken’s Neck’ | The Diplomat

If you really want to refute me, come up with a credible source like the one I've posted.
so your are saying your source is credible :woot: which says " a single-line railway " :lol: that why i said google map it ..but after all you are bangladeshi
i am done with you ........ this is last reply for this topic

for 4 lane NH 31

Ghoshpukur, West Bengal, India - Google Maps

for double line railway
Google Maps
here is some pics
New Bitmap Image.JPG

@DRAY

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom