What's new

Military strikes against Assad's Syria | Updates & Discussions.

Anybody cheering for a bombing of Syria over this fake charge on the Assad regime about the chemical bombing is a fool, a war-monger, a sectarian Muslim, and in general not a friend of humanity. I have read Westerners' 'Comments' on NY Times about this alleged chemical attack by Assad and the highest rated comments were about how this is illogical for Assad to have launched the attack now when his troops were already gaining ground.

DO NOT TAKE US FOR A FOOL!!

And here is what an erstwhile hawk like Pat Buchanan has to say about this:

Congress Should Veto Obama’s War | The American Conservative
I will agree Assad using chemical weapons at this point makes no damned sense at all. It is not like his back was against the wall yet....and anyone with a lick of sense knew this would give the west an excuse. Of course regimes such as his have a history of doing things that make no damned sense....but I can't shake the feeling we may be getting played on this one....by who? Not sure.

terrorists AMONG THEM , NOT FOREIGNERS...

How did you deduct I called all them terrorists. do you not have terrorists among the Uighurs? you claim so every time they attack you- even if they celebrate Ramadan ... what did I tell you why about IQ's?

I have observed one thing..... all the troll Chinese here starts crying seeing you.......... :D

terrorists AMONG THEM , NOT FOREIGNERS...

How did you deduct I called all them terrorists. do you not have terrorists among the Uighurs? you claim so every time they attack you- even if they celebrate Ramadan ... what did I tell you why about IQ's?

You must be confusing me with the Indian military and media which accuses all Kashmiris who throw stones at Indian soldiers of being terrorists. Show me the globaltimes and xinhua articles which said that the ordinary Uyghurs involved in protests were terrorists? They didn't even called the rioters who killed people in Urumqi in 2009 "terrorists" nor did they called the Uyghurs involved in protests with the police as terrorists. Only the attackers on the police stations and bombmakers were labelled as terrorists.

Rebiya Kadeer herself admitted her father served in the Soviet supported Ili army and that her family was friendly with the Russians, a self admitted Soviet agent and now turncoated American agent as well. Its in her autobiography. :rofl:

http://www.defence.pk/forums/china-...-han-immigration-xinjiang-19.html#post4673366

You must be confusing me with the Indian military and media which accuses all Kashmiris who throw stones at Indian soldiers of being terrorists. Show me the globaltimes and xinhua articles which said that the ordinary Uyghurs involved in protests were terrorists? They didn't even called the rioters who killed people in Urumqi in 2009 "terrorists" nor did they called the Uyghurs involved in protests with the police as terrorists. Only the attackers on the police stations and bombmakers were labelled as terrorists.

You really need to take the next plane out- back to China, since you can't look anymore of a bigger fool in the US.

China calls Xinjiang unrest a 'terrorist attack', ups death toll to 35 | Reuters

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/28/w...-in-tense-region-a-terrorist-attack.html?_r=0

5 jailed, sentenced to death for Xinjiang terrorist attack - CHINA - Globaltimes.cn

Obviously Arab leagues are still odd with US over Egypt's General Sisi vs Morsi, the response is not surprise here.

Arab Allies Withhold Public Support for U.S. Strike on Syria

August 27 2013

The U.S. is moving toward possible military strikes against Syria without the public support of any major Arab ally, reflecting broad unease in the region about another Western military intervention.

The lack of public endorsement from Arab governments, even from Saudi Arabia and other countries that have helped arm, train and fund rebels fighting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad leaves the West with little political cover regionally should any Western-led attack go badly.

Arab League delegates on Tuesday urged the United Nations Security Council, rather than the West, to take "deterrent" action against Syria to prevent a repeat of alleged chemical attacks on Aug. 21 in the suburbs of Damascus. In Cairo, Egypt Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmy appeared to side against intervention, saying on Tuesday, "The solution for Syria must be diplomatic, not militaristic."

While senior Saudi officials have been urging the U.S. and others behind the scenes to support tougher action in Syria, Arab leaders for more than a year have publicly maintained that any international military action there should be sanctioned by the U.N. Security Council, where Russia and China have blocked action.

In an atmosphere poisoned by persistent violence in Iraq 10 years after the U.S. invasion there, and by top-level disputes between the U.S. and its Mideast allies over the international response to revolutions in Egypt and elsewhere, the Arab world at large is split over whether the West should intervene.

"Don't expect a big cheer from us," said AbdulKhaleq Abdullah, a political-science professor in Dubai, of the likely response from the region. "If the results are fine, and the damage is very limited, I think that is gonna be a good sign. Maybe, 'Wow, give America a D.' ":lol:

Turkey, in a newspaper interview by Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu published Monday, became the first major Muslim Middle East ally of the U.S. to announce it would join an international military coalition against Syria, even without advance U.N. approval.

The weakest Arab states, Lebanon and Jordan, particularly fear possible retaliation and a further deluge of Syrian refugees in the event of a Syria strike.

In June, after a U.S. finding that Syrian government forces had used chemical weapons, U.S. military officials decided to keep fighter jets and Patriot missile batteries in Jordan.

A meeting of U.S., Saudi, and other Western and regional top military officials on Sunday and Monday was devoted mainly to reassuring Jordan of protection in the event of any disruption following a strike on neighboring Syria, as well as to try to plot responses to any further alleged use of chemical weapons by Syria, according to officials in Jordan and in the Gulf familiar with the proceedings.

In Jordan, where a U.S.- and Saudi-backed effort is helping train Syrian rebels, Jordanian King Abdullah publicly called for peaceful settlement. Jordanian officials have repeated that line over the past week.

Jordan already has taken in hundreds of thousands of refugees from Syria. Its fear is being "dragged into retaliation and war," a senior Jordanian official said.

Saudi Arabia—for more than a year the strongest advocate of international action on Syria—has limited its public response to last week's alleged chemical attack to statements by Foreign Minister Saud al-Faisal calling for unspecified, decisive action under the U.N.

A Saudi cabinet statement repeated that position Monday night, after the U.S. made clear it was considering a military strike on Syria.

"Not yet," a Saudi government spokesman said, when asked if the Saudi government had said whether it would support a military strike on Syria.

In principle, and in private, Saudi Arabia probably "would support any act to stop that war, or stop the use of gas," said Anwar Eshki, a former adviser to Saudi Arabia's council of ministers, or cabinet, and the head of a Saudi-based strategic research center. Mr. Eshki was referring to the use of poison gas.

Arab leaders, however, for regional political reasons, would think twice before saying in public that they back a Western-led attack on an Arab country, said Mr. Abdullah, the political-science professor at Emirates University in Dubai.

Overall in the Arab world, "People would just look the other way, and hopefully it is brief and surgical and doesn't extend too far," Mr. Abdullah said.

And if any intervention went wrong? "A big backlash, probably," he predicted.

That response could be guided in part by how the Arab leadership publicly addresses the issue. "There has been no preparation done of Gulf audiences by leaders," that would help reconcile Gulf and other Arab populations to an international military strike on Syria, said Michael Stephens, a Middle East analyst at the Royal United Services Institute in Qatar.

Many Arabs describe themselves as divided—wishing for action that would stop the killing in Syria, but not trusting the U.S. to do it right.

"Sometimes I do wish they would interfere, and sometimes I fear the same things that happened in Iraq will happen there. It's a matter of trust, and now we don't trust anyone," said a Jordanian university professor working in Saudi Arabia, leaving a mosque set inside a sprawling Riyadh shopping mall after sunset prayers Monday night.

—Reem Abdellatif in Cairo contributed to this article.

Obviously Arab leagues are still odd with US over Egypt's General Sisi vs Morsi, the response is not surprise here.

It's just a smoke and mirrors show by the sheiks to fool their own public.

They don't want to be seen as supporting an attack on a Muslim country -- an Arab country -- so they are blabbering on their fake platitudes, even as they secretly cheer on the West.

Whether the West's, or Russia's, intentions here are legitimate or opportunistic, the blame ultimately lies with the regional Muslim countries who are so obsessed with their petty squabbles that they have lit the region on fire -- from Egypt to Iraq to Syria.

It's just a smoke and mirrors show by the sheiks to fool their own public.

They don't want to be seen as supporting an attack on a Muslim country -- an Arab country -- so they are blabbering on their fake platitudes, even as they secretly cheer on the West.

Whether the West's, or Russia's, intentions here are legitimate or opportunistic, the blame ultimately lies with the regional Muslim countries who are so obsessed with their petty squabbles that they have lit the region on fire -- from Egypt to Iraq to Syria.

You spot on, I have no doubt they could cheer behind the scenes, I don't see the future outcome solutions for these regional Muslim countries and Iran factor which is likely next opponent after Assad down.

Back
Top Bottom