What's new

Mi-28 For Pakistan - Russia Agrees

Newspaper has given two news bits.

1- Number of Mi35 = 48 units and the deal is finalized.
2- Russia has agreed to provide Mi-28 helicopters to Pakistan but number is not mentioned.

Mi-28 is a beat.

1920x1080.jpg

And this is happening, Pakistan will be receiving Russian laser guided, air-to-ground and air-to-air armament mounted on these machines. o_O Yeaa? And does that mean a strategic shift in Russia's Asian doctrine?

China is also providing us their top-notch Z-10s. (News Resource) however, if Pakistan is procuring 36-48 of Mi-28, it may not need Z-10s anymore. SO what does that mean? Russia will be the primary supplier of our helicopter fleet! And that also mean Pakistan would be getting some 2-3 billion dollars of equipment from Russia.

Last edited:
Newspaper has given two news. p

1- Number of Mi35 = 48 units
2- Russia's agreemnt to provide Mi-28 but number is not disclosed. Perhaps negotiations are at fairly early stage.

But Mi-28 is a beat.

1920x1080.jpg

And this is happening, Pakistan will be receiving Russian laser guided, air-to-ground and air-to-air armament mounted on these machines. o_O Yeaa? And does that mean a strategic shift in Russia's Asian doctrine?

China is also providing us their top-notch Z-10s. (News Resource) however, if Pakistan is procuring 36-48 of Mi-28, it may not need Z-10s anymore. SO what does that mean? Russia will be the primary supplier of our helicopter fleet!
A very positive developement, game is changing slowly slowly
INSHALLAH Pak will be in a good position in defence tech and in relations to the russians. They r not any more a threat to us, good to have friendly russia in our friendship diary

I know this is loud thinking but I am stretching the line forward to make few questions.

Q1: As we are getting Mi-28, we will be getting armament which comes along with the helicopter and that may include anti-tank missiles. Does that mean Russian tanks in India would be targeted by Russian helicopters using Russian anti-tank missiles?

Q2: What about our expected JV with Turkey for T-129? Turkish brothers were happy to sign the deal with transfer of technology. How do you see that turning out now?

Q3: Our Chinese brothers are eager to provide Z-10s. Infect 3 of those have been given as gift. Do you see Pakistan operating two platforms at the same time. Is Mi-28 and Z-10s co-operat-able because of serving different purposes?

Q4: Is there an indirect lesson for us to learn her? If Pakistan is opting Mi-28 over Z-10s and T-129, we shouldn't be surprised when we see Egypt opting for Mirage 2005 or other countries showing their reluctance for JF-17s. Just like earning the first million in business, first sale is always going to be a challenging milestone.

Last edited:
I know this is loud thinking but I am stretching the line forward to make a question.

As we are getting Mi-28, we will be getting armament which comes along with the helicopter and that may include anti-tank missiles. Does that mean Russian tanks in India would be targeted by Russian anti-tank missiles? Ye baat kuch hazam nahi hue!

Tough to believe that Indians will not do everything in their power to prevent such a thing, not to mention it may not be something Russians themselves would be too fond of doing.

I am sorry but i don't believe anything in a local evening newspaper.

That's a very good news. 48 MI35 now that's a really good purchase by Pakistan, I really hope Pakistan goes for good numbers for MI28 as they are very badly needed to replace the old dying cobras.

I know this is loud thinking but I am stretching the line forward to make a question.

Q1: As we are getting Mi-28, we will be getting armament which comes along with the helicopter and that may include anti-tank missiles. Does that mean Russian tanks in India would be targeted by Russian helicopters using Russian anti-tank missiles?

You had to bring India into it rt??. dont worry..it wont be the first time...just like American weapons in India will target American planes and weapons held by Pakistan...

Tough to believe that Indians will not do everything in their power to prevent such a thing, not to mention it may not be something Russians themselves would be too fond of doing.
Indians can sabotage this deal if they want to.

World politics is changing very rapidly. Its not about just purchase of few helicopters. More then that is economics and upcoming challenges of ISIS etc. Russian relations with the West have deteriorated rapidly after Ukraine issue. Russians need to counter that some how. Indians have been quite successful since last 70 years with their policy of flirting with every one. But i dont see that going on in future. Indians will tilt now to West more. Further more the complex politics of East Asia. With Japanese, Philippine making alliances with India against China.
For Pakistan, its time to pay her cards sensibly. One mistake like that of 1950 and we may waste another 50 years. We need a vibrant, pro-active Foreign policy. Personally, i have little hope as we dont have a full time Foreign minister. Nawaz Sharif has appointed only Sartaj Aziz as Adviser. 88 year old man with dimensia problem cant handle or act to the demands of being Pakistan foreign minister.

By the way, i have heard that Chinese are inviting Putin to their Grand Military parade. And its in the air that Raheel Shareef may also be invited for the same.

Lets see where Pakistan's destiny in heading.

Back
Top Bottom