What's new

Mi-28 For Pakistan - Russia Agrees

what is your opinion about Mi-28 ?

its looks to be very heavily armed ...
it will surpass our expectations and requirements for both the conventional military role and the special COIN role.
that said, it is way above our league, in terms of securing the sale and allocating funds for a size of force to equip the number of squadrons that our military want to raise or maintain for the coming future.

it will surpass our expectations and requirements for both the conventional military role and the special COIN role.
that said, it is way above our league, in terms of securing the sale and allocating funds for a size of force to equip the number of squadrons that our military want to raise or maintain for the coming future.
Considering the fact that the COAS is an ambitious man with big appetite, I wouldn't be surprised if we go for something like the Mi-28.

I will reserve my comments and first await the arrival of Mi-35 and their participation in the operations
BTW why is the army showing keen interest in Russian choppers? Is there anything significant to be gained by having an all-russian chopper fleet?

BTW why is the army showing keen interest in Russian choppers? Is there anything significant to be gained by having an all-russian chopper fleet?
of course one I can immediately think of is the Russian copter bought from source wont have third party issues like the ones we are being offered by Turkey or China

both Z-10 and T-129 have one major issue.American/ Western power plants. which basically kills the deal due to unpredictable behavior of the west.
maybe Raheel has some better guarantees and surety from Russians. the closeness might have some long term strategic implications but I wont build theories over it based on a possible purchase of few helicopters when we didnt even get the medium tech Mi35 yet.

of course one I can immediately think of is the Russian copter bought from source wont have third party issues like the ones we are being offered by Turkey or China

both Z-10 and T-129 have one major issue.American/ Western power plants. which basically kills the deal due to unpredictable behavior of the west.
maybe Raheel has some better guarantees and surety from Russians. the closeness might have some long term strategic implications but I wont build theories over it based on a possible purchase of few helicopters when we didnt even get the medium tech Mi35 yet.
Any idea of the unit price offered?

that explain a lot about this beast i guess :)

Any idea of the unit price offered?
I doubt even if there is any progress apart from showing interest and Russian acknowledging it.

thats my personal point of view. so we are far off from the stage of negotiating a unit price . the deal is as hypothetical.as the stealth version of JF-17 thunder
Mi-35 is what I am keen at the moment to see them deployed in COIN ops

PACHAS!!! PARINDE !!!

PACHAS!!! SHIKARI !!!!

PACHAS !!! QIYAMAT DHANE WALLE!!!

PACHAS!!! BRAND NEW PHITERS!

top-50-BBs-icon.jpg

Back
Top Bottom