What's new

mera rang de basanti Chola

we use it differently Ch, Chh, don't know your case.

I didn't know Punjabi was standardized into the Latin Alphabet. Might be my mistake, but many people will still be confused and have a nice laugh.

Cha and Chha are two different letter in Bengali script and I think in Devnagari and Gurumukhi script as well. Not sure about Arabic/Persian or whatever Pakistanis use.

Cha and Chha are two different letter in Bengali script and I think in Devnagari and Gurumukhi script as well. Not sure about Arabic/Persian or whatever Pakistanis use.

When you write these words in english there is no standard.

I didn't know Punjabi was standardized into the Latin Alphabet. Might be my mistake, but many people will still be confused and have a nice laugh.

You must have done mistakes in your Urdu classes like reading Husain as Haseen, there is always a confusion in standardization.

Yes, They are different in punjabi... "ਚ" vs "ਛ" ....

You must have done mistakes in your Urdu classes like reading Husain as Haseen, there is always a confusion in standardization.

Dude what are you talking about? My Urdu is fine, I'm talking about English here.

Take for example cricket player Gautam.

Some Indians in US have it spelled as Gautam, and some people have it spelled as Gotam.

Tell me something, my fellow Punjabi,

When I say the word 'Mummy', do you see a woman whose heart is filled with love for you or do you see a dark, dried-up corpse all covered in bandages and spices?

It's all in the mind, you know.

1st i talked about sentences not words, 2nd your example is again wrong - there is difference in spelling of both words even if you use english alphabets :P

Lmao, what does "chola" mean in Indian language?

Chola is a type of traditional cloth, famous in sikhs. “Mera Rang De Basanti Chola” had a meaning that Mr Bhagat Singh wanted his cloths to be colored by blood. He was very inspired by the Russian revolution where patriot people sacrificed their lives to encourage their people for revolution. Mr Bhagat Singh had a strong belief that if he may sacrifice his life in the same way Russian patriots did during russian revolution, he may encourage the common Indian public for freedom. That’s why senior freedom fighters like Lala Lajpat Rai used to call him a Russian agent and leader of irresponsible young men.

The martyr: Bhagat Singh experiments in revolution - Kuldip Nayar - Google Books

Mr Gandhi clearly mentioned, “If he might have apologized, he was going to deny death penalty but till he was hanged, he refused to apologize to British government. he wanted to die.” And begged for “Mera Rang De Basanti Chola”, (Color my cloths with Blood), but he didn’t accept to apologize to British rule while it had been proved that his intentions to blast in court were to surrender, not to harm. The bomb he blasted in the court was to make noise, not to harm and he circulated that message in papers in that court also. He just wanted to say that he doesn’t believe in British laws and he preferred to die but didn’t apologize to British government/ British court. He wanted to give a message to common Indian public that its better to die than following laws of British and their judiciary :)

In the 29 March 1931 issue of Young India, Gandhi wrote:

"Bhagat Singh and his two associates have been hanged. The Congress made many attempts to save their lives and the Government entertained many hopes of it, but all has been in a vain.
Bhagat Singh did not wish to live. He refused to apologize :tup:, or even file an appeal. Bhagat Singh was not a devotee of non-violence, but he did not subscribe to the religion of violence. He took to violence due to helplessness and to defend his homeland. In his last letter, Bhagat Singh wrote, " I have been arrested while waging a war. For me there can be no gallows. Put me into the mouth of a cannon and blow me off." These heroes had conquered the fear of death. Let us bow to them a thousand times for their heroism.
But we should not imitate their act. In our land of millions of destitute and crippled people, if we take to the practice of seeking justice through murder, there will be a terrifying situation. Our poor people will become victims of our atrocities. By making a dharma of violence, we shall be reaping the fruit of our own actions.
Hence, though we praise the courage of these brave men, we should never countenance their activities. Our dharma is to swallow our anger, abide by the discipline of non-violence and carry out our duty :tup:."[116][117][118]

Bhagat Singh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude what are you talking about? My Urdu is fine, I'm talking about English here.

Take for example cricket player Gautam.

Some Indians in US have it spelled as Gautam, and some people have it spelled as Gotam.

Because we have different letters for o, au in Hindi but you guys have same symbol for that in Urdu and you guys get confused. Our script has about 54 letters, and we clearly know how to pronounce things clearly.

There is a joke about Punjabi people,

Man to Punjabi Old Man: Suna hai punjabi har baat kay do matlab nikal laitay hain
Old Man: haan
Man: Mai nahi manta, "nikal kar dikhaoo"
Old Man: es kay bhe do matlab hain :lol:

Because we have different letters for o, au in Hindi but you guys have same symbol for that in Urdu and you guys get confused but we Indians. Our script has about 54 letters, and we clearly know how to pronounce things clearly.

Dear he is talking about english alphabets, when you try to write punjabi using english script not urdu script.

Who need lessons in Punjabi from me, come again.

'Mera rang basanti Chola' when written in one line makes all the sense of dyeing of a long Shirt/Kurta people wear in subcontinent with the colour of scarifies, that is saffron.

It might be a new trend in Pakistan to dye ''Chola'' they think or getting confused with in saffron colour. Koi navi science he honee aa.

@RazPak: fer Kere da Chola rangwaliya tu pakistan ch sanu ve das de.

Who need lessons in Punjabi from me, come again.

'Mera rang basanti Chola' when written in one line makes all the sense of dyeing of a long Shirt/Kurta people wear in subcontinent with the colour of scarifies, that is saffron.

It might be a new trend in Pakistan to dye ''Chola'' they think or getting confused with in saffron colour. Koi navi science he honee aa.....

All i can is enjoy your post, otherwise if i tried to tell the science mods will paint me pink :angel:

pakistani punjabis are mistooking chola for sholla. even sholla has two meanings. one is dirty one and another means grams or chick peas. depends on where you use it and why you use it.

chola means chader in indian punjabi language the real punjabi language not urduised or persinised punjabi pakistani people speak.

Back
Top Bottom