What's new

‘Mega-film’ on 1971 war planned

DRAM

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
India and Bangladesh may soon collaborate to jointly produce a ‘mega-film’ to commemorate the 1971 war of liberation. Minister for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari and his visiting Bangladeshi counterpart, Hasanul Haq Inu, decided to take forward such proposal at a meeting here on Thursday.

According to a statement issued by the I&B Ministry, Mr. Inu asked India to provide the names of Indian soldiers who laid down their lives during the Bangladeshi war as his government would like to recognise them. India played an active role in the war.

In the past few years, the Awami-League led government in Dhaka honoured Indian personalities active during the period.

ww.thehindu.com/news/national/megafilm-on-1971-war-planned/article4607432.ece

Why this move?

It happened 40 years ago, no one cares anymore. Wars happen every now and then for some political situation or another, but its in the past now.

A govt. level collaboration was a surprise to me. Do we he have such movies made before?

I hope bollywood helps in the production of this film with its vast experience and expertise.

although i wouldnt appreciate a musical in the middle of an artillery barrage

It happened 40 years ago, no one cares anymore. Wars happen every now and then for some political situation or another, but its in the past now.

excuse me.. lecture this to all the production houses filming movies on hitler first ! or for that matter lecture any historical movie producer !

I for one dont care for any bollywood movie anymore.. Should bollywood be closed ? I dont think so !

GOI involving in a Movie???? has it ever happened before???...

I hope bollywood helps in the production of this film with its vast experience and expertise.

although i wouldnt appreciate a musical in the middle of an artillery barrage

you can expect Nahta i.e "aaj nashta hum unka karenge" type dialogues in the film, if its going to be directed by bolly director

It would be fine if it is a history channel film type film

If this movie is going to be directed by a Bollywood director then this movie is going to deviate from original plot(full of songs, things that didn't happen originally, going to show some love stories in b/w the war)

Back
Top Bottom