What's new

Former Indian Pilot Reveals IAF Casualties in 1971 War !

If 24 is 10% of Indian pilot then 240 would be total Indian pilots in air force.
Windy quoted 24 Sikh captured pilots. I showed with math that if there were 24 Sikh captured pilots then total captured should have been atleast 200. 200 is NOT the total Indian pilot strength that I was trying to prove.

Good effort at trying to fight for Windy’s numbnut thread.😀
One needs to be careful while being Windy’s fan.

Last edited:
Srinagar is not in BD. They can't tell anything

So yup it was another face saving lie by IAF to coverup for leaving Sekhon all alone against the invaders
Brave guy though, while 24 sikhs got captured, he alone blew 2 sabres outta the sky.

Followed the famous saying I guess/
“Chidiya naal je baaz ladawa…”

As we all know objective of war matters more then anything india won and we lost no matter how many pilots dead .
Windy and several other posters pick individual aspect or individual battles of this war and try to prove as if Pakistan won in 1971.

Few posters start threads with dubious agenda like this one with completely incorrect data and intent like this one showing 24 Sikh pilots in a single POW camp.
Those who jump in to defend such posters blindly, is great fun to watch.

Last edited:
Windy and several other posters pick individual aspect of this war and try to prove as if Pakistan won in 1971.

Not a big issue.

Issues start when some posters start threads with dubious agenda like this one with completely incorrect data and intent like this one showing 24 Sikh pilots in a single POW camp.
Those who jump in to defend such posters blindly, is great fun.
If pakistan won the war and we have 93000 POV in india i was ok with that . And if we lose the war and have 0 POV or death it was loss .wars did not fight for kill or capture solders officers .wars fight for objectives and india clearly won 1971 .

Geography, sucks doesnt it?

Poor sekhon died in vain over srinagar, without knowing BD and future BAF would be created so far away!

Sekhon fought well. IAF didn't need to add lies of Sabres getting shot down to glorify it

Windy quoted 24 Sikh captured pilots. I showed with math that if there were 24 Sikh captured pilots then total captured should have been atleast 200. 200 is NOT the total Indian pilot strength that I was trying to prove.

Good effort at trying to fight for Windy’s numbnut thread.😀
One needs to be careful while being Windy’s fan.
If that's you maths then your parents wasted money on your school. Your logic is flaws as I showed you. You need to learn the basics of thinking.

whether we destroyed 50, 100 or 200 indian jets. it does not negates the fact that we lost almost 150000 sq km to india and not a single inch taken back.

If that's you maths then your parents wasted money on your school. Your logic is flaws as I showed you. You need to learn the basics of thinking.
I calculated the likely total captured pilots based on Windy’s (ill)logical post.

You made fun of me questioning my calculation of total number of IAF pilots, which I never did in first place.

I will simplify the calculation for you :-

Number of Sikh pilots captured = 24 (as per Wind jammed)
Assumed % of Sikh pilots in IAF = 10% ( taken a very high number)
24 is 10% of 240. Hence remaining number of captured pilots = 240-24= 216. This is just a logical approximation considering that ratio of shot down points would be similar across the entire theatre. Since, Sikhs constitute 10% of the pilots, there ratio is likely to be close to that percentage in all aspects of Air operations as well as accidents, deaths, etc etc.
Even if we mellow it down to a total of 200, Windy is insinuating that 200 pilots were captured. Kaise? All fighters shot down had 3 pilots each?

Mere parents ka paisa itna bhi bekar nahi gaya.

Kabhi kabhi accept kar lena chahiye apni galti. Izzat kam nahi hoti barh jaati hai.

If my parents see your logic and calculation, they might feel a little happy for their money (not wasted).

Last edited:
I calculated the likely total captured pilots based on Windy’s (ill)logical post.

You made fun of me questioning my calculation of total number of IAF pilots, which I never did in first place.

I will simplify the calculation for you :-

Number of Sikh pilots captured = 24 (as per Wind jammed)
Assumed % of Sikh pilots in IAF = 10% ( taken a very high number)
24 is 10% of 240. Hence remaining number of captured pilots = 240-24= 216.
Even if we mellow it down to a total of 200, Windy is insinuating that 200 pilots were captured.

Mere parents ka paisa itna bhi bekar nahi gaya.

Kabhi kabhi accept kar lena chahiye apni galti. Izzat kam nahi hoti barh jaati hai.

If my parents see your logic and calculation, they might feel a little happy for their money (not wasted).
Your analysis is totally flawed.

Now consider this.
India only fields Sikh pilots and deliberately holds back Hindu and Muslims pilots. Or perhaps Sikh pilots are rubbish compared to Hindu pilots and large number get shot down. I could go in all day.
This is basic stats.. you simply are barking up the wrong tree.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom