What's new

May i ask about the Turkish 2500KM-range missile?

There is one thing for sure. It is the range scale Turkey envisaged as a target to reach in near future. This range enables Turkey to send own satellite into orbit so Such efforts are linked between eachother in sources. With this point, We may consider it as a ballistic missile similar development efforts to be a base for satellite launcher but It isn't known wheather the ballistic missiles (2500km) to be entered into inventory.

At last parade, It is clearly stated ballistic missiles having a range of 800km, was developed and The improvement efforts have been continuing for longer range variants as expected.

About Cuise missiles, There is one thing for sure that Turkey has developed a cruise missile having a range of 300+km and Official mounths clearly stated that 500+km variant are on development phase. That's why a powerfull Turbojet engine is being developed by Kale. Different variants specially modified for different missions are also being developed such as Naval and Land based cruise missiles...

Cabatli ! Dude 2 questions if you will :

1) I've heard that even Pakistan can send her Ballistic Missiles to space but they'd carry something like a few Kgs worth of load and so sending satellites to space requires more 'upppf' that even a Ballistic Missile has.

2) Why do you guys have to reinvent the wheel ? Why not get the technology from Pakistan ? I'm sure there is much that went into the Babur Cruise Missile or even the Ra'ad that you guys can find handy !

Cabatli
2) Why do you guys have to reinvent the wheel ? Why not get the technology from Pakistan ? I'm sure there is much that went into the Babur Cruise Missile or even the Ra'ad that you guys can find handy !

Maybe its because Turkey developed more advanced guidance systems.

Ever checked Babur's CEP range?

1) I've heard that even Pakistan can send her Ballistic Missiles to space but they'd carry something like a few Kgs worth of load and so sending satellites to space requires more 'upppf' that even a Ballistic Missile has.

Theres some treaty or something , we always have to be the law abiding citizen and angel of the world , signing every treaty ffs.

Think it like 60x60cm square target stationed 250+km away was hitted by SOM. :)

You know if lets say a CEP is 5m does that mean its inaccuracy is only 5m's? because then thats a great figure for i think.

Indeed but There is always some connections between ballistic missiles and satellite launchers, Even If one needs much more thrust power than other. If not, Turkey misleads the media and public to hide a mass destruction weapon development...

I don't suppose that Turkey needs help for cruise missiles but I think Turkey is certainly taking help from abroad for ballistic missiles (most probably China ) but I don't suppose that Such a cooperation will be revealed into public cause of secrecy of the program and international agreement Turkey also signed...

You know if lets say a CEP is 5m does that mean its inaccuracy is only 5m's? because then thats a great figure for i think.

if CEP is n meters, 50% of rounds land within n meters of the target, 43% between n and 2n, and 7 % between 2n and 3n meters, and the proportion of rounds that land farther than three times the CEP from the target is less than 0.2%.

Maybe its because Turkey developed more advanced guidance systems.

Ever checked Babur's CEP range?

Most of the info on the Babur is given here on this thread : http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakistan-strategic-forces/185609-babur-cruise-missile-database.html

You can find out about the guidance system in the very first post !

Also in post # 6 of the same thread username 'Mafiya' charted the history of the Babur as such *dunno the veracity of this though* :

History and current Status:
Pakistan have publicly tested the Babur missile 7 times since its existence was announced

August 12, 2005: Pakistan first time successfully test fired Babur cruise missile with a range of 500 km

March 22, 2007: upgraded version with extended range of 700 Km was test fired- In this second test, DSMAC was introduced in Babur along with TERCOM. So we can assume DSMAC plus more range was main feature of this test

July 26, 2007: Test firing of same version

December 11, 2007: Test firing of same version

May 6, 2009: Test firing of same version

October 28, 2011: First test firing from Multiple Tube Missile Launch Vehicle

June 06, 2012: Latest test, validating the Multiple Tube Missile Launch Vehicle--

In this test, CEP and the height at which missile flew was revealed. 2 meter(6 feet) CEP and at height of 50 Meter. Main feature of test was, GPS was not used as guidance. So if GPS is used, CEP will become <1M

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...ur-cruise-missile-database.html#ixzz27I7IvGd1

Comparing a land-based cruise missile with ALCM is just wrong. What I trying to tell is, you can't compare Turkish subsytems with their Pakistani counterparts. (such as electronics and guidance systems)
We are already producing engines and electronics for cruise missiles , why should we export ToT from Pakistan? Especially when our subsytems are better.

Back
Top Bottom