What's new

May i ask about the Turkish 2500KM-range missile?

It's bullshit. I opened the page for a second as soon as i see the title i closed it :)

This is one of those times where Turkish media have no clue about what they are talking about.

So far we've only built SRBMs next logical step would be developing MRBMs

Trust me, Turkey isn't working on ICBMs :)

It has officially stated that a 2500km cruse missile will be developed based on SOM missile within 2 years. After Sarkozy disputation, a 4 year program has started to acquire the engine technology inland. The improved diplomacy with France attributed with François Hollande makes the timing frame of 2 year in the statement more reasonable, now.

I am sure Turkiye will develop some extended range ballistic missile to gain the ability of lunching the chain of domestically developed satellites in coming decades. Here you can find the evidence of a project, supporting my idea, in programs schedule of defense industry.
Satellite Launch Center Program

It's bullshit. I opened the page for a second as soon as i see the title i closed it :)

This is one of those times where Turkish media have no clue about what they are talking about.

i have read something else

14 Eylül 2012

Bakan Ergün, TÜBİTAK'ın geliştirdiği, yüzde yüzü yerli yapım seyir füzesi SOM'un seri üretimine başlanacağını da anlattı. Üretilecek SOM füzelerinin menzilinin 200 km olduğunu, karadan ve denizden ateşlenebildiklerini belirten Ergün, ancak TÜBİTAK'ta bunun geliştirilmesinin devam ettiğini, yakında 500 km menzilli füze üretimine de geçmeyi planladıklarını söyledi.

Bakan Ergün, savunma sanayiinde ihtiyaçların yerli üretimle karşılanma oranının yüzde 25'ten yüzde 52'ye kadar çıktığını belirterek, bir sonraki aşamanın daha uzun menzilli balistik füze üretimi olduğunu da belirtti.

"HEM UYDUYU ÜRETECEĞİZ, HEM DE KENDİMİZ YÖRÜNGEYE GÖNDERECEĞİZ"

Türkiye'nin kendi uydusunu yapması konusundaki çalışmaların da sürdüğünü anlatan Bakan Ergün, sadece uydu üretimi değil, fırlatılıp, yörüngeye yerleştirilmesi konusunda da çalışmaların olduğunu, bunların birkaç yıl içinde sonlanacağını söyledi. Ergün, "şimdi mesela bir haberleşme uydusu, bir meteoroloji uydusu göndermek istediğimizde, bu kapasiteye sahip ülkelerden fırlatma sistemlerini kiralıyoruz. O sistemlerde, tek değil, pekçok uydu bulunuyor. Biz de uydumuzu yörüngeye oturtmak için fırlatma füzelerinde yer kiralıyoruz. şimdi kendi fırlatma füzemizi üretmek için çalışıyoruz. Sanıyorum birkaç yıl içinde bu yetkinliğe de sahip oluruz" dedi.

3 differents turkish newpapers told the same thing.

Yes you are 100% right about media immature news. When the Iranian made corvette, Jamaran, Lunched one of the navy commander classified it as:
ناوچه سبک
which should be translated as corvette. But immature propaganda type media translate the statement as destroyer! They think they are different but equivalent type of "how to call a warship"!

SOM's naval and groud variants will be developed but it has nothing to do with ballistic missiles.

And iran can put a satellite in orbit too. Neither they do it efficiently nor it has helped them make an ICBM. Last i remember is iran were still building MRBMs.

aand @Ir.Tab about that matter, I think government of Iran pretty much controls media. So Iran turns a blind eye on these things for sake of propaganda. I have to say it though it causes a lot of laughter when people see the "destroyer".

It wasn't even a corvette it was more like a fast attack craft by our standards.

The fact is all governments counts on "lack of knowledge" in society. I sometimes use VPN. It is interesting when I use a VPN server , located in UK, the content of BBC is completely different. That means BBC decides about the news that people of UK should be aware of. One way to counter measure this ugly face of civilization in 21th century, is to extend the variety of information sources. My sources of Turkish news are TRT, Haber Turk, Cnn Turk, Sabah, Todays Zaman, Hurriyet. It will be kind of you to inform me about other reliable sources of information in Turkey.

From the text it is clear that most of Turkish media have misunderstood the meaning of ballistic missile with ICBM. Most of them think this will be the first Turkish ballistic missile. But I never see any official statement to correct them. In my opinion in this case government enjoys the mal-data which has been spread by media. Be advice this changes to an ugly habit very soon. Governments corrupt easily. Do not let them.

A corvette (sometimes corvet) is a small, maneuverable, lightly armed warship, originally smaller than a frigate (2000+ tons) and larger than a coastal patrol craft or fast attack craft (500 or fewer tons), Jamaran has the displacement of 1400+ tons. As you said standards are different. As an example MILGEM with 2300 tons of displacement classified as corvette, This is while this ship is far more advanced than most in service frigates, in design aspects and variety of armaments.

Interesting link to check the displacements of corvettes at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_corvette_classes

Yıldırım 3 will have a 1000+ km or Yıldırım 4 but we don't need very long range without nuclear warheads.

I think Turkish ballistic programme is of dual use we will see both the Turkish MRBM & PSLV at a same time in coming years.

There is one thing for sure. It is the range scale Turkey envisaged as a target to reach in near future. This range enables Turkey to send own satellite into orbit so Such efforts are linked between eachother in sources. With this point, We may consider it as a ballistic missile similar development efforts to be a base for satellite launcher but It isn't known wheather the ballistic missiles (2500km) to be entered into inventory.

At last parade, It is clearly stated ballistic missiles having a range of 800km, was developed and The improvement efforts have been continuing for longer range variants as expected.

About Cuise missiles, There is one thing for sure that Turkey has developed a cruise missile having a range of 300+km and Official mounths clearly stated that 500+km variant are on development phase. That's why a powerfull Turbojet engine is being developed by Kale. Different variants specially modified for different missions are also being developed such as Naval and Land based cruise missiles...

I'd like to see our next satellite launched into space very soon :), I don't see that many news about it.

There is one thing for sure. It is the range scale Turkey envisaged as a target to reach in near future. This range enables Turkey to send own satellite into orbit so Such efforts are linked between eachother in sources. With this point, We may consider it as a ballistic missile similar development efforts to be a base for satellite launcher but It isn't known wheather the ballistic missiles (2500km) to be entered into inventory.

At last parade, It is clearly stated ballistic missiles having a range of 800km, was developed and The improvement efforts have been continuing for longer range variants as expected.

About Cuise missiles, There is one thing for sure that Turkey has developed a cruise missile having a range of 300+km and Official mounths clearly stated that 500+km variant are on development phase. That's why a powerfull Turbojet engine is being developed by Kale. Different variants specially modified for different missions are also being developed such as Naval and Land based cruise missiles...

800km Yıldırım isn't bad for now, can target enemy petrol, gas places as well as long range cruise missile. Is SOM's CEP 5m?

Back
Top Bottom