What's new

Mass Graves of Sikhs killed in 1984 Sikh Genocide discovered after 26 years.

Good to know we are on the same page and this is how we Indians feel exactly above the Anti-Sikh riots.

Guess this answers it all.

Yup, it does, unfortunately I wasn't doubting your feelings in the first place.............I just got sucked into this discussion over insurgency in Pakistan.........:confused:

Was that the reason why so many held hands together when BD govt wanted an official apology from Pakistan govt?

Uuuuuhhhhhh, I can pick up that sarcastic tinge in your post but I can't put my finger on it, so I must ask you to elaborate. But we did give an official apology in 2004.
"Der aye, Darust aye" Wouldn't you agree ?

It was his personal statement of regret, not an official apology. An official apology is still pending.
If opinions were genuine, I would not have had to read some of the comments by Pakistanis in the other discussion thread. The reason behind this is that till date majority of Pakistanis are of the opinion that it was India who separated their country rather than the want for the BDs to separate as a nation.

Dude do your realize the word "apology" has been deliberately put in quotes ?

This is what he said
Musharraf regrets 'excesses' by Pak troops in 1971

"Your brothers and sisters in Pakistan share the pains of the events of 1971. The excesses committed during the unfortunate period are regrettable,"

In my limited understanding, an apology is an admittance of sorrow or regret. Is it not so in the case above ?

It was his personal statement of regret, not an official apology. An official apology is still pending.
If opinions were genuine, I would not have had to read some of the comments by Pakistanis in the other discussion thread. The reason behind this is that till date majority of Pakistanis are of the opinion that it was India who separated their country rather than the want for the BDs to separate as a nation.

I think the words of the President of a nation when on an official visit do count as "official". As for India's role. Well I would agree with them too. Had India not intervened, the uprising would have been put down, by hook or by crook.

In my limited understanding, an apology is an admittance of sorrow or regret. Is it not so in the case above ?

An official apology is a parliamentary resolution passed by the members of the federal govt. Look up the Australian official apology to the aborigines.

An official apology is a parliamentary resolution passed by the members of the federal govt. Look up the Australian official apology to the aborigines.

Our parliament is too divided for passing such a resolution, that is why it has next to no powers. Leave it to them and they will most probably leave it pending for another generation or 3 and possible steal the papers on which the resolution was to be written. President's word is still the way to go if you ask me.

Our parliament is too divided for passing such a resolution, that is why it has next to no powers. Leave it to them and they will most probably leave it pending for another generation or 3 and possible steal the papers on which the resolution was to be written. President's word is still the way to go if you ask me.
It is not just your Parliament, it is the people who have a widely divided opinion at present. But that aside... a single guy's apology and opinion matters the least to the people of BD. He wasn't the elected representative of the people of Pakistan.... so he can't speak for the country can he?

Lasl masjid is totally a different issue while Khalistan movement or the reasons leading to it or Golden Temple are totally different.

still i am not discussing the point that Indian Govt or army was unleashing brutalities. i am just still asking do you consider those Sikh leaders as Traitors ??

or freedom fighters? or militants/terrorists?

Militants / terrorists.

[/B]

Militants / terrorists.

Those who are smart call themselves Akali, and captured power in coalition with BJP. Others who were stupid enough to carry guns met punjab police.
If you call Indian army brutal, I dont know what you will call punjab police.

It is not just your Parliament, it is the people who have a widely divided opinion at present. But that aside... a single guy's apology and opinion matters the least to the people of BD. He wasn't the elected representative of the people of Pakistan.... so he can't speak for the country can he?

As I have stated before, almost all the people have no grievances with the Bengalis for revolting because we accept that we forced them into it. There is no divide of opinion in this respect and PM was the elected representative as he was elected in the referendum of 2002.

Those who are smart call themselves Akali, and captured power in coalition with BJP. Others who were stupid enough to carry guns met punjab police.
If you call Indian army brutal, I dont know what you will call punjab police.

Police are most brutal everywhere because they are the ones who take the heat first. During Naxal movement in Calcutta in 70s, a whole gen was almost wiped out by police, those who survived were made crippled.

Brute force is the only way to subdue irregulars, Brits used the same tactics against Afgans and they still remember Tamer Lane in streets of Samarkhand.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom