What's new

Maryam to contest on two NA seats in election 2018

Dawood Ibrahim

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
11 MINS AGO BY AGENCIES
Maryam-1-300x196.jpg

A decision has been made that Maryam Nawaz, daughter of Prime Minister Muhammad Nawaz Sharif, will contest from NA-48 Islamabad and a constituency in Lahore in the next general election.

Reports about fielding Maryam Nawaz as the PML-N candidate for the National Assembly seat in the upcoming general election were circulating in political circles. The PMLN leadership while confirming these reports has said that Maryam Nawaz would contest the next general election as party’s candidate from Islamabad and Lahore seats.

However, there is no substance in the reports about immediate contesting of election by Maryam Nawaz on the National assembly seat from Lahore. Earlier, Maryam refuted reports that she was considering contesting sooner, saying she had no plan or reason to do so.

When contacted for comments, Maryam confirmed she plans to contest in 2018 elections but her decision has no connection with the Panama case, regardless of what the outcome of the case may be. Last week, BBC disclosed its latest additions to its curated list of presidential daughters around the world, which now has Maryam Nawaz included among other authoritative figures.

On the website, BBC said that Maryam Nawaz played a prominent role in managing her father’s successful re-election campaign in 2013, and now works for the Pakistan Muslim League-. The 43-year-old lady has risen to power rapidly, making a name for herself as someone powerful, if not a designated political heir to her father, it said.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2017/03/25/maryam-to-contest-on-two-na-seats-in-election-2018/

@war&peace @SherDil @Mentee

:devil: And the dynasty policitics continues. These kings and their princesses!!

I hope she gets indicted in extreme security breach scandal involving foreign funded DAWN group.

We have had enough of these Sharifs and Bhuttos. Thanks but no more of you!

Go and "serve" someone else, Pakistan does not need your "services" anymore, we have bad enough of your "services" for the last 30+ years which have got us almost got bankrupt!

She have to declare her assets & if Panama & dawn leaks leave ger :).

Maryam is pretty but dumb! She has no voice, no vision, no charisma and no future in politics.

Worth watching.

:devil: And the dynasty policitics continues. These kings and their princesses!!

I hope she gets indicted in extreme security breach scandal involving foreign funded DAWN group.

We have had enough of these Sharifs and Bhuttos. Thanks but no more of you!

Go and "serve" someone else, Pakistan does not need your "services" anymore, we have bad enough of your "services" for the last 30+ years which have got us almost got bankrupt!
So...don't vote for them? Not hard.

The practice of standing for elections in more than one constituency MUST be stopped immediately!
i am curious as to why do you think this practice should stop. Voters can reject such candidates, but why should a candidate not be allowed to contest from multiple constituencies?

Just suprised even with all the irregularities a person can just stand in election as if nothing happened

This churail will contest from NA-48 the place where i live hmm i would say winning from here maybe difficult if Asad Omar is candidate
Last time I've voted for Asad Umar, before that Javed Hashmi . . .
She'll give tough competition to Asad Umar as most of the NA-48 is rural area and all these giraen people will vote for her.

Elections are too far away right now, let the panama verdict come, will see then who contest from where :)

Back
Top Bottom