What's new

Marut Files - Crazy story of how India made this in 1950s & forgot it

Indians are acting here as if they designed and made it. No Indian had any part in designing it.

It was designed by out-of-work German designer Dr. Willi Messerschmitt (after the conclusion of WWII), who alternated his design programs of jet aircraft between India and Spain. Spain is where Mr. Messerschmitt also had another jet aircraft program going.

The only thing Indians did is fund the program at HAL to build a few Marut examples before Indians ran out of money. As always - it was a trademark vanity program for politicians in India, a la the moon mission of today. If it was successful - we'd have seen tons of examples for another ten years, which was not to be.

Irrelevant vote getter "we can do this too" project to wow the gullible Indian populace. As if they had become a 1st world country...

Now the trolls in here will all be up in arms, that I called a spade a spade.

HAL in Bangalore was owned by the US Army Air Force in WWII - their remote station to fix and repair DC-3's and C-119 packets in fighting the Japanese. Look it up. Given in a platter to Indians after WWII, like so many other things, for free.

Forget about it isn't exactly right, many factors were beyond our control that led to it's demise, most importantly the 1967 Arab-Israel war.

Indians ran out of money, as simple as that. I am sorry, one cannot feed ghee to dogs. If this upsets you, just remember we in Bangladesh are in the same boat. And our economy is richer than yours.

Last edited:
And our economy is richer than yours.
I'm glad it is. Not sure why IMF is claiming otherwise and openly denying this scientific-PDF-certified-fact. I guess they are now part of RSS Hindutva. See what they did on their official website: :(

1692570045411.png

1692570006419.png

Indians are acting here as if they designed and made it. No Indian had any part in designing it.

It was designed by out-of-work German designer Dr. Willi Messerschmitt, who alternated his design of jet aircraft between India and Spain - where they also had another jet aircraft program going.

The only thing Indians did is fund the program at HAL to build a few examples before they ran out of money. As always - it was a trademark vanity program for politicians in India, a la the moon mission of today. If it was successful - we'd see tons of example for another ten years, which was not to be.

Irrelevant vote getter "we can do this too" project to wow the gullible Indian populace.

Now the trolls in here will all be up in arms, that I called a spade a spade.

HAL in Bangalore was owned by the US Army Air Force in WWII - their remote station to fix and repair DC-3's and C-119 packets. Look it up. Given in a platter to Indians after WWII, like so many other things, for free.

Indians ran out of money, as simple as that. I am sorry, one cannot feed ghee to dogs. If this upsets you, just remember we in Bangladesh are in the same boat. And our economy is richer than yours.
Having a german designer doesnt teach one machining, metalworks and abilty to set up an assembly line for thousands of different parts you 5th grade fail lungi, i could give you the detailed blueprints of f-16 and still you Lungis will fail to build it even in the next 50 years.

You are of the chaddi stitching variety, you can work with cotton, nylon etc so it is beyond your mental ability to understand what goes into building planes, let alone cryogenic engines, rockets, tracking and com systems, you lungis are a little above the chimp in evolution.

IMG_8915.jpeg

Does anyone know where the ouragan is? The gnat is in the Karachi museum but I don’t know where the ouragan is?
Last I saw was in the old hanger in Peshawar. Most probably sold as Junk. I remember it. It was fully intact. It did a belly landing so some damage to the under side. It could have easily been fully restored. Would have made a great pair with the Gnat. Maybe it was not put on display as not to upset the French. We were pretty big French customer from the mid-sixties to the 90s. In the picture below notice the ammo belts from the disarming. The plane was fully armed when the pilot surrendered.

Last edited:
Having a german designer doesnt teach one machining, metalworks and abilty to set up an assembly line for thousands of different parts you 5th grade fail lungi, i could give you the detailed blueprints of f-16 and still you Lungis will fail to build it even in the next 50 years.

You are of the chaddi stitching variety, you can work with cotton, nylon etc so it is beyond your mental ability to understand what goes into building planes, let alone cryogenic engines, rockets, tracking and com systems, you lungis are a little above the chimp in evolution.

View attachment 947399
Totally feel you, man. You nailed it in describing Bangladesh, for real.

Back
Top Bottom