What's new

Mardan university student killed over alleged blasphemy: police

A new video circulating on Tuesday contains footage of scenes following the Mardan university lynching and shows a man demanding that a group of students take an oath to conceal the identity of the man who shot 23-year-old Mashal Khan.

Mashal, a student of Abdul Wali Khan University, Mardan, had been lynched moments before the video was made over allegations of blasphemy.

The video shows the mob involved in the lynching shouting religious slogans and congratulating each other over the brutal episode.

In the video, a man who appears to be the ringleader, Arif, is heard proclaiming that anyone who names the shooter will be considered "a blasphemer".

The following is the text of the slogans being chanted in the video:

"Congratulations, congratulations!

Silence, silence!

Whoever shot him [Mashal], don't take his [the shooter's] name

Whoever takes his [shooter's] name will commit blasphemy. If you want to file an FIR, my name is Arif"

The declaration appears to be a veiled threat to silence those who may testify against the murder and protect the main culprits.

Arif names himself and his father and states that anyone who wished to lodge a First Information Report in the case is free to nominate him for the murder.

According to university students, Arif does not attend Abdul Wali Khan University, but has been allowed on the premises on several occasions. Local media reports say he is the general secretary of the Insaf Student Federation, which is the student wing of the ruling party in KP, Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI).

An investigation into the Mardan university lynching has been initiated, but the identity of Mashal's shooter is yet to be determined.

A postmortem report of Mashal's killing states a gunshot wound was the cause of death, but also noted that the body had been subjected to serious trauma.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1327752/n...lynching-pledged-to-conceal-shooters-identity
-///---
The video in link

Hope to see entire crowd identified they were all culprits and all to be sent to prison for life

Technically Mr Arif cannot be hanged if he was not involved in killing directly but if I was the Prime Minister I would have hanged him too

We need to discriminate such mindset of killing without justice and need to take extra ordinary measures in such extra-ordinary circumstances

Wajahat Khan, a libturd and a supporter of ANP, is responsible for the murder of Mashal Khan as per his statement, University management forced him to do a speech against Mashal Khan and spread the disinformation since the deceased had spoken against the university management especially the VC. The university is pro-ANP, a party of libturds.

Last edited:
Technically Mr Arif cannot be hanged if he was not involved in killing directly but if I was the Prime Minister I would have hanged him too

We need to discriminate such mindset of killing without justice and need to take extra ordinary measures in such extra-ordinary circumstances
Could you please correct the spelling?

Where is that narrative though? When we have political parties who don't want to promote this narrative because it may hurt their vote bank (such as PMLN, JUI-F, JI etc!), who will do this and when?

Look at what the lack of this narrative did in Qadri's case? Salman couldn't keep his gob shut and Qadri couldn't control his trigger finger, and a shrine is the result despite capital punishment for murder! And this is what I keep saying to these liberals, without taking measured steps and in the absence of an effective narrative, changes will result in chaos and you will have even more loudmouths Salmans and killer Qadris!
I don't want to participate there and I am not able to pm you so I bring you here . You can not make sense with them, They are not after Law , there Agenda is Honour and Respect of Last Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) .
They run out of logic , not answering any question, but opening mouth against the law, That lot only want ...... well you also know what they want.
May Allah Bless you bro , We are fighting to extremes , May Allah Help Us all.

Last edited:
Lagta hay Panama kay Chakar me Pori Qoam bhool gae kay kitni gire hue hay ye. nahe ??

Student who shot Mashal Khan arrested: DIG Mardan

1394998-mardan-1493293848-399-640x480.jpg

Deputy inspector general (DIG) Mardan police Alam Khan Shinwari addressing a news conference in Mardan on April 27, 2017. EXPRESS NEWS SCREEN GRAB

The Mardan police deputy inspector general (DIG) said on Thursday that the Abdul Wali Khan University (AWKU) student who shot on Mashal Khan has been arrested.

“According to witnesses, Mashal’s classmate Imran opened fire and shot him twice. He has now been arrested,” DIG Alam Khan Shinwari said while addressing a news conference in Mardan.

The official said Imran was arrested on a tip off today and that he has confessed to his crime. “Seven people in total have confessed to their involvement in the murder while 41 suspects are under custody,” he added.

“Police arrived at the scene 13 minutes after receiving information of the incident and managed to save two people,” Shinwari and added that the case is being investigated with use of technology. “The case is being probed on merit and with the help of the available evidence,” he added.

Mardan lynching: Police arrest another AWKU student

A Joint Investigation Team (JIT) constituted earlier, comprising members of Counter Terrorism Department (CTD) and other law enforcement agencies, is coordinating with police in the matter, the DIG said and added, “six teams comprising the LEAs were formed to investigate the case.”

On Tuesday, two more key suspects involved in the lynching were arrested in Mardan after they were were identified through closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage.

Mashal, a 23-year-old student of journalism at AWKU was shot dead and brutally lynched on campus on April 13 after accusations of blasphemy.

Videos of the gruesome incident show agitated students stomping on Mashal’s lifeless, blood-soaked body and hitting him with sticks. More videos that have surfaced since then show a local PTI councillor Arif Mardan congratulating the students for killing the student and urging them to pledge to not reveal the identity of the shooter.

Back
Top Bottom