What's new

Mapped: Diabetes Rates by Country in 2021

Pakistan is the worst from all ???? .....

Diabetes endemic in Pakistan

Considering the increasing number of diabetic patients in Pakistan, the presence of such fake medicines in the market is nothing short of a concern.

According to data from the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), the prevalence of diabetes in Pakistan has rapidly increased over the past years due to lifestyle and dietary habits of the common people. Pakistan has a population of over 220 million people, and the adult population is about 124 million, and around 33 million of them have some form of diabetes.

This means that about 27 percent of adult citizens of Pakistan are suffering from this disease, which means at least every fourth adult citizen of Pakistan has been affected by this disease. The International Diabetes Federation reported that this disease killed more than 40,000 Pakistanis in 2021, and internationally, Pakistan ranks third after China and India in terms of the number of diabetes patients. The prevalence of diabetes in Pakistan has been increasing over the past decade, and it is a major public health concern in the country.

It is pertinent to mention here that individuals in America and India have also suffered from the effects of this injection. In the United States, 21 people were infected in 2011, with many experiencing blindness. The American Federal Drug Authority initially registered this injection for cancer treatment, but many American doctors also used it to address eye diseases. Similarly, in India, in 2016, five people lost their eyesight due to Avastin injections.

Last edited:
Even before I open the link I want to comment.

That data is incomplete. It makes no mention of severity of the disease.

My relatives have diabetes. They eat high glycemic rice daily but no appreciable change is seen in their sugar levels.

Only negligible change is seen in their sugar levels.

Even before I open the link I want to comment.

That data is incomplete. It makes no mention of severity of the disease.

My relatives have diabetes. They eat high glycemic rice daily but no appreciable change is seen in their sugar levels.

Only negligible change is seen in their sugar levels.
I think so too , Its very high in Asia and Africa , even in South America where extreme use of corn products. But its " silent killer".

Back
Top Bottom