What's new

Major Modernisation at Skardu Airbase

I thought at only Neelum we were ad disadvantage. Dammit!

Neelam is more populated and Atmuqam is in Indian artillery range even with Mortors that's why we keep listening it more.
upload_2020-5-15_12-16-11.png

Pakistan army is on those down slops... Now climbing up across that mountain is easier only on paper or forum. Actually, this is a logistical nightmare even if we somehow manage to destroy all those Indian forward bases and posts. They have massive fire support from rare. They are on a higher summit. Our distance from base of Mountains to top is almost double at many places because to geological features.

As for Sakardu. It already has 2 run ways. One for civilian flights while other one is strictly for military aircraft and believe me it is really long. (More than 3 KM) With hardened pen, fuel and Ammunition store there. It is all available on Google Earth.

It is FOB. Now if those images posted in OP are correct, we might be in process of turning it into a MOB.
upload_2020-5-15_12-25-41.png

Neelam is more populated and Atmuqam is in Indian artillery range even with Mortors that's why we keep listening it more.
View attachment 632485

Pakistan army is on those down slops... Now climbing up across that mountain is easier only on paper or forum. Actually, this is a logistical nightmare even if we somehow manage to destroy all those Indian forward bases and posts. They have massive fire support from rare. They are on a higher summit. Our distance from base of Mountains to top is almost double at many places because to geological features.

As for Sakardu. It already has 2 run ways. One for civilian flights while other one is strictly for military aircraft and believe me it is really long. (More than 3 KM) With hardened pen, fuel and Ammunition store there. It is all available on Google Earth.

View attachment 632486
What about Working Boundary?

My friend Please trust me that twitter account you posted info from is wrong. When I am telling you, then trust me plz. Stop following 18 year old defence experts for news & OSINT.

Skardu airport to be upgraded to international standard: minister
Oh come on man!!
Let those poor souls have some fun. They just uncovered Pakistan's/ISI's "aik aur ginhooni sazish" and you are here to spoil the fun!! :lol:

Well i hope they do have some counter measures in Skardu!
Dont tell anyone but they have laser guns installed there to bring down enemy missiles and aircraft. But Shuusshh!!

View attachment 632485

It is FOB. Now if those images posted in OP are correct, we might be in process of turning it into a MOB.
View attachment 632486
If you think we have a logistics nightmare then look at the Indian side. They have a hostile population, a burning insurgency and huge mountains to lug up the supplies. There are some peaks we need to take whatever the cost. Surprised PA has held off for so long. There should be no Indian troops on Pakistani territory and it's not negotiable.

Remember it, We are at disadvantageous position viz a viz India all along the LOC. V few places where Pakistani posts have higher ground and in those places, our route to top is long one.

You have a source for this?

You have a source for this?
For that sort of info, you must develop interest in sat imagery, topography, geology, cartography, 3d maps etc. No one give this sort of info on public domain. For start, take a good look at Google Earth and you will find your answer there.

If you think we have a logistics nightmare then look at the Indian side. They have a hostile population, a burning insurgency and huge mountains to lug up the supplies. There are some peaks we need to take whatever the cost. Surprised PA has held off for so long. There should be no Indian troops on Pakistani territory and it's not negotiable.

I totally agree with the last part. no negotiation there. But situation on ground is, Indians are well dug in on those mountains which BTW, have difficult access routes from Pakistani side. And population you are mentioning is completely unarmed. It is not like what PA faced in East Pakistan in 1971. Our policy over Kashmir goes in complete circles and we have no idea if we want to solve it through UNSC or War! Bitter but this is reality.

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if Nawaz decided to let Musharraf finish the job in Kargil.

Musharraf on his account said that Pakistan had the upper hand in Kargil until Nawaz went to US and gave up all of Pakistan's gains back to India.

Shouldn't be a problem for some well trained mountain regiment to climb and take.
View attachment 632495

Yeah, but a close analysis of the defensive layout may suggest that the attacker will require more than superior force ratios. Once you find strong-points on top, well constructed, able to hold hold out for may be a week after being cut off, then its makes the task a bit more difficult.

For IA, supplies are not much of a problem now. From Battalion locations back till Division locations, supplies of all types have been dumped to last a period of almost 6 months.

Peaks are also difficult to take because the defender is already looking down on you. If he gets a mere hint of a build up of any type, may it be infantry, artillery or supplies, he will just reinforce its peak location and the whole attack attack gets jeopardized before launch. This was one of the main reasons we were unable to capture Poonch in 1971, even though we were attacking downhill.

Google earth calls it "new airbase Skardu". It seems they are separating the civilian airport and creating a parallel airbase. It's quite hidden in a valley between the mountains and a few SAMs and a protection force on the peaks should be sufficient to protect it. It will be hard work keeping it going in the winter and will stretch the definition of all weather planes.

On a separate note looking at Kashmir on Google Earth it's astonishing to see how beautiful landscape it is for guerrilla warfare and it is surprising why Pakistan haven't taken the IOK valley yet. It's even more surprising why the freedom fighters haven't focused on the Indian army supply lines entering the valley and starved the Indian army out.

There's a reason Indians dumped half their army in IoK.

It's time to apply the Afghan model to Kashmir and kick the Indians. Whole of Kashmir both Azad Kashmir and IOK should be referred to as northern Pakistan. The western maps have always shown it as NE Pakistan but google earth shows it clearly it is direct North Pakistan and Srinagar is in North Pakistan. If India can put a million troops there we should put 2 Million to kick them out.

Pakistan doesn't have 2 million troops and training that many people to the high standards of the military will take too long.

Back
Top Bottom