What's new

Major Modernisation at Skardu Airbase

Being one of the main JF-17 player, i wouldn't say he is an idiot.....he described them similar with one for low level detection while the other with height finding capability.

MPDR 45 and MPDR 90 are similar? You can believe that. Whatever description you have been bfed, I will not elaborate, but I maintain that the pilot is an idiot, and he is making a fool of you and your audience here. 2D radars don't have height finder capability. 2D radars get IFF return or mode C which gives aircraft height, but that does not mean it has a height finder capability.

Last edited:
Mate the MPDR with CRC (control & Reporting Centre) while it operates through SILLACS (Siemens Low Level Air Control System) providing detection, data processing as well as secure communications, you have a non-gap coverage along the border with India, with one CRC controlling 8 MPDRs of different types thus different ranges. Link CRC to different command HQ's for timely tactical action. Where as on other hand, AN/TPS series look many a miles inside Indian territory.

PAF upgraded the CRCs to MCC and GMCC concept. We have overlapping coverage of the whole border. The capability you describe and copy paste from the Internet we had as result of Project Crystal in 1977. Today, we have something much more sophisticated.

Last edited:
Planted misinformation. These guys always do it. You think you are getting some good info and after a while you realize it’s all bullshit.

At least this one was incorrect information. Its an MPDR 45, first it was called Giraffe, then MPDR 90, then some other cock a bull story. Either speak the truth or don't speak at all.

PAF upgraded the CRCs to MCC and GMCC concept. We have overlapping coverage of the whole border. The capability you describe and copy paste from the Internet we had as result of Project Crystal in 1977. Today, we have something much more sophisticated.
Whenever i give info, i try to mix and match with internet so i have a back up in case im accused that i gave information which was not already present online. This is another reason I have stopped opening topics on Pakistan Military. I also try not to divulge latest info but i usually find out that some other hot shot has already spilled it on PDF.

What you said about GMCC, i know, but better coming from another person's post than mine.

MPDR 45 and MPDR 90 are similar? You can believe that. Whatever description you have been bfed, I will not elaborate, but I maintain that the pilot is an idiot, and he is making a fool of you and your audience here. 2D radars don't have height finder capability. 2D radars get IFF return or mode C which gives aircraft height, but that does not mean it has a height finder capability.
I guess the officer read your remarks and sent this reply....i may have also misinterpreted him.

''Sorry brother, what i meant to say was that physically both look a like. Secondly who ever the other guy is tell him not to be so serious, for pilots it really doesn't matter which radar is there.''

I guess the officer read your remarks and sent this reply....i may have also misinterpreted him.

''Sorry brother, what i meant to say was that physically both look a like. Secondly who ever the other guy is tell him not to be so serious, for pilots it really doesn't matter which radar is there.''

:-)
Otherwise sir @Bilal Khan 777 is an old fighter pilot himself , inducted F6 into PAF, he's even elder to my father.

Yes, it may as well be a Giraffe or whatever you call it.

Whenever i give info, i try to mix and match with internet so i have a back up in case im accused that i gave information which was not already present online. This is another reason I have stopped opening topics on Pakistan Military. I also try not to divulge latest info but i usually find out that some other hot shot has already spilled it on PDF.

What you said about GMCC, i know, but better coming from another person's post than mine.

You know, yet you copy paste 80's information? PAF AD upgrades are public knowledge, and there are videos on it.

No, i am just the other guy now. (Chuckles).

salute-soldier-computer-icons-military-veteran-png-favpng-kzXqwwkanRXNP3Q5JY7CGmyuB.jpg

Pilots know their radars, as they talk to controllers day and night. A pilot in the field will not mistake or confuse a MPDR-45 for Giraffe, and then MPDR-90. You are probably talking to an Admin Groundia.

Yes, it may as well be a Giraffe or whatever you call it.
That was my personal opinion.
No, i am just the other guy now. (Chuckles).
He is not a PDF member so he wouldn't know besides, the term is still more civilised than blatantly and repeatedly calling some one an idiot.....sigh !!! :(
Pilots know their radars, as they talk to controllers day and night. A pilot in the field will not mistake or confuse a MPDR-45 for Giraffe, and then MPDR-90. You are probably talking to an Admin Groundia.
Firstly, he never referred to it as Giraffe, maybe he's not an attention seeker and being on deployment perhaps can't discuss everything in detail or openly besides, we all know that F-6s retired a long time ago while JF-17 is the new kid on the block.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom