What's new

Major Modernisation at Skardu Airbase

It seems our good friends from across the border have been tuning in on Radio Pakistan and have all updates of the ACM visit to Skardu.

https://indianexpress.com/article/pakistan/paf-chief-visits-air-base-in-Azad Kashmir-6523409/

Guess, this press release adds more fuel to the fire of the possibly, new inductions.

Regarding the base, it's extremely important in strategic terms. Whenever I see visuals of the base, always hope that with all the surrounding mountains around the base, that there is adequate SSW presence/lookout infrastructure to ward off any malicious intentions.
I do not think the CAS is alluding to platform inductions if members are thinking that. That will come at the right time as per the force modernization plans and not rushed simply because the Indians have inducted Rafale. We have to keep in mind the MMRCA saga has been going on for about 20 years now and the PAF has a good understanding of what types of capabilities the IAF has been planning to induct. As such this will not rush PAF to 5th gen etc.

The key focus is on avionics and weapons capability enhancements within existing systems. I think the PAF can do more to maximize this aspect and we will have a pretty robust defensive capability even in the face of Rafale induction.

Still no translation.... :( can't trust google on this.
JH-7: 飞豹 Flying Leopard
J-10: 猛龙 Raptor
J-20: 威龙 powerful dragon
J-15: 飞鲨 Flying Shark
FC-31: 鹘鹰 Hu eagle? Not sure
My chinese is not the best ... if some one can tell the last one? Uighur?

J-10: 猛龙 Vigorous Dragon
J-20: 威龙 Mighty Dragon
FC-31: 鹘鹰 GREY Falcon

Source wikipedia but correct....

PAF PRESS RELEASE
AIR CHIEF WITNESSES OPERATIONAL EXERCISE AT PAF BASE QADRI

25 JULY, 2020: Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan, Chief of the Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force visited PAF Base, Qadri at Skardu in Gilgit-Baltistan province today. The Air Chief witnessed various operational activities at the base including rapid deployment of fighter aircraft and combat support elements. He was also briefed on the ongoing infrastructure development works at the base. The Air Chief appreciated operational preparedness of the base personnel and expressed his satisfaction over the pace of developmental works. Addressing base personnel, the Air Chief stated that PAF is fully cognizant of the geo-strategic developments in the region. He said that the aggressive military procurements by the enemy are not going unnoticed and necessary measures are in place to ensure the balance of military power in conventional domain as well. The Air Chief assured the nation that PAF alongside its sister services is ever ready to give a befitting response to any misadventure by the adversary. Expressing concern over the Indian state terrorism and atrocities of its armed forces in Indian occupied Jammu & Kashmir (IOJ&K), the Air Chief stated that Pakistani nation unequivocally supports the freedom struggle of Kashmiris and reiterated the need for expeditious resolution of Kashmir issue in accordance with the United Nations’ resolutions.

Operational BVR AD units right on the border. From dream to reality.

You translated well.
They are very hard to translate.
The last one I think is "falcon eagle"

I think its "Ladakh" in mandarian.
Troll of the day:rofl:

Ed2f9mzXsAAxafc

Giraffe Radar deployed at Skardu Airbase, depending on the type, these radars have a range of between 10 to 470 kilometres and search height of up to 40,000 Meters.

Ed2f9mzXsAAxafc

Giraffe Radar deployed at Skardu Airbase, depending on the type, these radars have a range of between 10 to 470 kilometres and search height of up to 40,000 Meters.

What about the impact of surrounding mountains? KT wrote in his blog on Kargil, that during that conflict, an emergency radar station was established at Deosai plain for monitoring IAF.

Ed2f9mzXsAAxafc

Exactly, that is a Giraffe radar. In our army, its deployed normally alongside one of our SAM systems whereby this radar provides target data.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom