What's new

Major Changes Ahead on JF-17 Block-3

Hi,

Kid----you are just at the research stage in you r life in school.

Nuclear war is not going to happen----who wants to die just like that---who wants their children evaporated in a flash----.

This nuc deterrent has created a bigger problem for Pakistan---because with the nuc umbrella---PAF has faltered in its commitment to provide the nation with the right defense and offensive capability---.

If we can divert a nuc war if we could have had air superiority aircraft---then why would we not---. Why do we want to live under the umbrella of nuc war and nuc strikes----.

With a 5---10 BILLION dollars investment----nuc war can be diverted----. With this amount of money---to procure heavy frontline aircraft------to take the battle to the other side---strong and deep.

For just the lack of investment of 10 billion dollars----you want to destroy the nation of Pakistan----

HOW STUPID ARE THOSE FROM MY MOTHERLAND

This nuc drama by Pakistan was good till 2001----after that they had the money and the time to get fighter aircraft so that nuc threat would have diminished---.

That is why I have stated many a times---Pakistan air force are TRAITORS to the country by their inaction to buy the right aircraft---.
No one is saying that there is going to be a nuclear war, but what is being debated is the absolute fact that in the presence of nuclear weapons the probability of "dog fights" is very less. And this perception is grounded well in history. Its a simple equation---------No matter how one twists it, it remains constant.
As for PAF, it's an accomplished organization that has been protecting the skies for decades, so yes, i will trust its judgement on this affair, you are free to disagree.:cheers:

The problem which I See is that PAF deliberately lags behind IAF & depends too much on men behind machine.

We want to follow plans of inducting 250 JFT by 2019 with increasing number of F16 (second hand)
JFT acting as naval strike air craft too.
My point is we must...... must go for New Blk50/52+ or Blk60 with AESA, instead of 2nd hand falcons........ at least 2 squadron of them........

And 2 squadron of air superiority fighter. Right now we have none. 2 squadrons of either Typhoons, Super Flanker ....... there is no other option. J10b is good, but not enough........ if India and France deal for Rafale end up in failure then PAF must must peruse them...... don't blame money shortage... spend money no matter what other wise in case of conflict we will be spending ten to hundred times more money to pay the price of damage......
Hi,

This is a very difficult question to answer---if you are asking what about today-----because Pakistan has put itself into an extremely precarious position.

First---it should have gone with the French in 2002--03 straight away---. Rafale was the aircraft of choice----. The weapons package of Rafale puts it in league with any other aircraft below the 5th gen aircraft----. Now you could say---man behind the machine counts----because now you are giving him a Formula 1 car to compete with other Formula 1 cars.

A substantial number of these aircraft would have brought peace to the region---. Peace would mean that Pakistani politicians and generals and prime minister d not have to go on the media to talk about nuc----because when you keep talking abut the nuc---people get tired of hearing about the nuc---then after awhile they start to think what the nuc would do to their life styles 10 thousand miles away---and when they realize that---they get mad at you for jeopardizing their life for your dumb and moronic causes---.

They start to lose compassion for you and stop caring for you----and that is not good for nation.

The other aircraft of choice was the FA18-----.

Okay---none of these---then the target should have been to have over 150---200 blk 52 category F16's by now. So---now we have nothing---.

Then we have the J10B----. There was no reason to deny the offer of 18 J10B's lately----. This mindset of 'keep them when we need them we will get them' stops you from moving ahead.

We should have looked for 72 J10B's----.

If we did not have JF17's---we would have had

F16's
J10B's
J11D's or SU35
JH7B's----naval strike version is a must---it needs to shoved down the throat of PAF-----Gurjat needs to feel the heat from Ahmedabad to Mumbai and Pune

So---with JF17's---you still have and need the following

F16's---not enough of them so
J10B's
J11D's or SU35's
JH7B's

Without the JF 17's---you would need to have an air force of 350 frontline fighters and strike aircraft.

With the JF 17's---you would need to be around 450--500 aircraft.

The life---security and integrity of Pakistan has been put on stake on a developing small little aircraft----that should have never been allowed to happe.

If Pakistan had bought Rafales to please some western tech junkies, then Pakistan would have been crippled as in case of what we experienced with F-16's & Mirages. I am not even going to talk about the reliability of France as an arms exporter. Pakistan did ask for Gripen and the request was denied. Lets be glad over our national accomplishments and make the most of what we have.

It was a joke

why not SR 71
Please add couple hundreds of F22 and B3 in it

come on man its just a fanboy list
lecry-meme-generator-what-i-gonna-cry-now-2dd02e.jpg

You're emerging as new nishan101 :p:
thank
You're emerging as new nishan101 :p:

Please add couple hundreds of F22 and B3 in it
thank you sir

Because he is an ignorant/illiterate guy who know nothing about airplane design and aerodynamics. He most probably is from some indian slums and came here to troll.

He has been here much longer before you even knew that PDF existed. How would you know whether he is educated or not. So have some respect for others in general before going tarzan on every one and labelling them as Indian.

He has been here much longer before you even knew that PDF existed. How would you know whether he is educated or not. So have some respect for others in general before going tarzan on every one and labelling them as Indian.
I am not talking about general education but about airplane design and aerodynamics that determines the shape of
a airplane. A PhD in international affairs can still be zero literate in aerodynamics. There are many fields in which I have no or very low knowledge. But still I may went a bit too far. Let me check my previous comments and rectify the words. I did not intend to hurt anyone.

I am seeing reports that Block 3 is coming 2016 !!! Are these credible rumors ?

The present pace the Block 2 jets would be around 14-28 Units by middle of 2016
We would be looking at 78 Thunders

Far short of 50 anticipated block 2 batch

How are we getting the shortage numbers filled in time for Block 3 in 2016

557412e9303fd.jpg

283283_58581945.jpg

jf-17_thunder_zhuhai_2010_01_pilot.jpg

Last edited:
Let us not predict too much of Block III.......... remember what happened with Block II? Block II was supposed to have this, that and some more and when reality finally hit, it just got an extra AA probe (that too as sort of a retrofit) and some incremental gains on radar.....

So hold on to your horses, before predicting AESA, MAESA and TAESA..... :D

Let us not predict too much of Block III.......... remember what happened with Block II? Block II was supposed to have this, that and some more and when reality finally hit, it just got an extra AA probe (that too as sort of a retrofit) and some incremental gains on radar.....

AESA is confirmed through credible sources

Hi,

There is no such thing as a 5th generation version of JF17----. That clearly shows that you have no clue what te term means----. JF17 will end as a 4--4.5 gen aircraft---that is the limit of the design.

This does not put to rest any claims that it was the right aircraft.

This would have been a right aircraft when the nation had FREE time and no threats from the enemy. It in itself is not the right aircraft to fulfill the need of the defense of Pakistan----because it has miniscule strike capabilities which are all defensive in nature.

The Iraqis suffered in the first gulf war---because they made it a DEFENSIVE war----they dug in and waited for the enemy----.

The German----were ploughing thru in Europe till they build a defensive line on the beaches of france.

Our measly navy----they died 2500 miles away---waging war on the other side of India---in the submarine hunting for the indian assets-----our soldiers died on the other side of the border during kargil----and our frigging air force wants to fight on our soil----?

Why----because they want to be called a defensive air force----defensive my ar-se----these guys are being led by cowards----that is what the air force has been for the last many years----.

14 years it has been and still no air superiority fighter to compete and take down the enemy one on one---nt a single aircraft that the enemy is concerned about----.

I don't give a sh-it about the slogan of the PAF we will give our live for the country----I want a slogan that we will kill the enemy in the land of the enemy----.

I don't give a sh-it about the slogan of we will give them a bloody nose----I want a slogan that we will smash them to kingdom come---.

Who gives a diddly sh-it about gaining knowledge with a puny little aircraft when we have to face 240 monster breathing death and destruction from everywhere.

This R&D is for those who have FREE TIME----or when you have secured your assets with the right aircraft and then you can develop these kind of aircraft.

So---400 million in development of this aircraft

20 million a piece----a total of 70 JF 17----being built and in operation----1.5 Billion dollars

So----for 14 years----is this what we have to show for-----2 Billion dollars of procurement that is all------

You don't even qualify to WIPE YOUR OWN NOSE YET----where come the no losing of your sleep----.

You have to know and understand the levels of threat that is being faced to lose sleep----if you are totally clueless---then off course----what losing of sleep---you can party 24/7 and have a good time because it matters nothing to you because you canot comprehend the threat.

Well this was a wonderful point of view , which made me read it a few times.

My answer to this point of view is very simple lets look at it from a realistic point of view
Are we better off fighting an enemy with aging 70's planes or with JF17 thunder , obviously the newer planes.

I think , you have misjudged the effort - serious amount of effort Pakistan Airforce and military minds have put forth on
modernizing the Airforce and bringing it to modern levels.

a) We have brought in AWACs into our force which make our forces more aware and its a force multiplier
b) We have extended our airforce's range by purchasing 4 Tankers and most JF17 thunders would be
coming with option to refuel. Which is a sign of an attacking airforce.
c) What makes a jet more potent , a powerful engine and hard points to carry weapons well the engine enhancements
are coming up in Block 3

So , instead of depending on older planes , we have inducted close to 53 brand new thunders
Which the pilots themselves have vouched that they enjoy flying and find it as effective as F16

Cbt34.jpg

About the day/night monsters fire breathing dragons or what ever luckily we have tools to detect and see them clearly
on Thunders

Not to mention weapons to take out those monsters !!! Not to mention Unlimitted Ammo Hack

Osuvg.jpg

This right here is gift for any invadors coming from ships a 100% attacking weapon
4862688673_fe4c55307a_b.jpg

We have a platform that has no upper limit yet, as we are still enhancing it as days go and who know we migt even
have Block 5 !! Once advance Avionics are upgraded

An attacking force !!! which will have eyes in sky !!!

2264988.jpg

And you have also completely missed !! The point Pakistan Airforce have also upgraded their base F16 Jets

AIR_F-16C-52_Pakistani_Acceptance_Shabhaz_AB_PAF_lg.jpg

Now you raised a question well why worry about R&D - well the R&D helps grow a engineering sector in country , which is vital for national defence. Tomorrow we might design a larger plane some day scale it up so the benefits of knowledge gained is undebatable

The points raised were good obviously one cannot always have a doctrine of Defensive force
however I think Pakistan Airforce have put in the right moves to make our force flexible to special operations if need be.

We are going in right direction !

Plus one cannot over look , the development of pilots themselves

a) Training contracts for simulators
b) Contracts with Turkey for training (joint training)
c) Work being done with other partners in Training pilots
d) Availability of more jet trainers for more air time for recruits

Link_SimuSphereHD.jpg

But the best asset is Men/Women flying the jets - they know what to do when they see monsters in air

paf+f16.jpg

Last edited:
I am seeing reports that Block 3 is coming 2016 !!! Are these credible rumors ?

The present pace the Block 2 jets would be around 14-28 Units by middle of 2016
We would be looking at 78 Thunders

Far short of 50 anticipated block 2 batch

How are we getting the shortage numbers filled in time for Block 3 in 2016

557412e9303fd.jpg

283283_58581945.jpg

jf-17_thunder_zhuhai_2010_01_pilot.jpg
The Block-3 is still in development, so 2016 is very unlikely, more like 2018-2019.

Everything in the article is based on verified information (conveyed via defence media or PAF). But yes, people got carried away over the Block-2 stuff, just as some are stretching it by suggesting Block-3 might have a 'stealthy' design. But AESA and HMD/S are confirmed, IRST and chin hard point are possible.

Last edited:
with JF block III coming and option of 18 F-16 block 52+ Available we only need some 2 squads of J-10 now till 2025 later J-31 will no need of a wish list and 2 Squads for Naval support... J-11 or Su-35 (which is not going to happen) so J-11

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom