What's new

Major Changes Ahead on JF-17 Block-3

Will the design of the airframe change or stay the same?

Air Frame would stay same there would be Dual seat version and the Nose Cone would be bit bigger to integrate new Radar. Airframe strength would increase especially Wing Area to take heavy weight easily.

Last edited:
Air Frame would stay same there would be Dual seat version and the Nose Cone would be bit bigger to integrate new Radar. Airframe strength would increase specifically Wing Area to take heavy weight easily.
Will the airframe use composites?

What is current development status of PL-10? Last year, IHS Janes revealed that it had been tested some 30 times since 2013 when it completed its development and entered into testing phase. I am carious if that has been completed.

They are testing it with J-20 now it's near to integration now According to Liang, the missile also includes "multi-element imaging infrared seeker with anti-jamming capabilities" and off-boresight attacks. it's having a Range of 20km. Soon it'll be Available for Export too.

Will the airframe use composites?

Yes The advanced composite materials used in jf-17 which would not only reduce the body weight, but also increase the stealth performance.

this change will make it a almost a new plane i don't think thats coming but he improvement mentioned in the article were discussion in pdf and other forum for many days which is definitely coming if PAF wants to increase its minimum credible defence.
PAFJF-17ThunderinCGIforprojectedfut.jpg

this change may be possible . sir ap ki thought @MastanKhan
It should be.. I think it is up to aeronautical Engineers.. How they'll improve its design and performance.. It is easy to draw but difficult to implement... :)

Dual seat is due later this year. Likely Block 3 should be seen sometime next year.

dual seat is a waste in my opinion all that space for training,It will only attract more markets
You mean to say group captain saheb will take Mrs on shopping trip in JFT.
Sorry could not resist. But for modern day fighters markets are good.
A

Air frame Design will have few updates.

dual seat is a waste in my opinion all that space for training,It will only attract more markets

Its Combat Trainer buddy. Dual seater is developed to attract customers, to full fill gap of LIFT and to perform certain tasks which Two pilots can perform better than one.

You mean to say group captain saheb will take Mrs on shopping trip in JFT.
Sorry could not resist. But for modern day fighters markets are good.
A
For modern day fighter markets yes,For ground attacks most definitely but Air to Air engagements I don't think so

For modern day fighter markets yes,For ground attacks most definitely but Air to Air engagements I don't think so
How does it effect A2A engagements? Two heads are generally better than one even in today's sensor fused cockpits like the JF-17. If nothing else, it keeps the pilot from having to look over his shoulder and the backseater can tell him what is happening. Although its impact on shorter ranged light aircraft like the JF-17 is negligible, for larger and longer endurance aircraft like the Su-30 it is useful as it reduces the workload on a single pilot and allows for better attention spans in longer missions.

How does it effect A2A engagements? Two heads are generally better than one even in today's sensor fused cockpits like the JF-17. If nothing else, it keeps the pilot from having to look over his shoulder and the backseater can tell him what is happening. Although its impact on shorter ranged light aircraft like the JF-17 is negligible, for larger and longer endurance aircraft like the Su-30 it is useful as it reduces the workload on a single pilot and allows for better attention spans in longer missions.

Extra life support,More weight,More Drag,increased rcs.

Extra life support,More weight,More Drag,increased rcs.
Most twin seaters are designed to ensure that Drag is unchanged. The F-16B performs exactly as the F-16A.
The F-5B performs exactly as the F-5A and so will the JF-17B perform exactly as the JF-17.

Weight might increase but chances are that fuel load may have been reduced or offset this. In case there is a weight increase, then the engine output would be changed to accommodate this.
RCS is also going to be impacted in a negligible manner if we assume that the model shown at the airshow is somewhat accurate.

For selling prospective we need dual seat too we need to think on all options dear

Jf17 will involve in more ground strikes as compare to our upcoming front line 5+ jet so dual seat means effective warfare strikes too as wl as attracting other customers as I headed one of customer is interested in dual seat jf so

When will B and Block 3 take to the skies?
Block b will be shortly on tests and will see on skies on march inshaAllah :smitten:

Much right but block 3 will handle air engagements too u will see inshaAllah

Block b will wd dual seat and few other options and block 3 will be bit change to hold more weight etc etc

Back
Top Bottom