What's new

Major Changes Ahead on JF-17 Block-3

Pac website has jf promotional video which’s states what’s in block 3 it’s states aesa ldp other goodies as example everything except I think irst

Pac website has jf promotional video which’s states what’s in block 3 it’s states aesa ldp other goodies as example everything except I think irst
Can you please post a link here

Hi,

Well---that tells you how illiterate are kids are---and how much lack of knowledge is out there---.
True that and that's why I started a thread for educating the our members about the basic of airplanes and flight mechanics, some aerodynamics but I didn't get an encouraging response enough for me to continue writing the thread to a very limited and ignorant audience, so I would rather author a book on the basics and get it published on a better forum with responsive audience. Here is the link if anyone wants to read and then there are plethora of books as well.
Introduction of basic flight aerodynamics and Flight Mechanics

Being illiterate/ignorant is a bad thing but the attitude to stay illiterate and ignorant about a topic about which you opine daily is far worse and that I have seen again and again from my compatriots...they are quite content with their ignorance and they still cry that the world does not treat us with respect. What they don't know that Allah established knowledge as the currency for respect and power in this world...not empty chest thumping and emotional nationalism.

Last edited:
The Pakistan-Chinese JF-17 ‘Thunder’ fighter aircraft has completed its Block-III design; an upgrade intended to match latest fourth-generation military jets such as the F-16V and Saab Gripen NG.

The outgoing Chief of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF), Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman announced on Monday that the design of the JF-17 Block-III had been finalized after a period of “two-and-a-half years,” Associated Press of Pakistan reported.

The Block-III version of the single-seat aircraft is to be equipped with an active electronically-scanned array radar, upgraded avionics suite, new electronic warfare and countermeasures system besides a helmet-mounted display and sight. Newly developed air-to-air missiles and a targeting pod are also to be added.

Major R & D work is being undertaken by the Chengdu Aircraft Industry Group, a wing of the Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) while Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) is largely in charge of serial manufacturing. Various reports have said that the PAF would be the launch customer for the JF-17 Block III with some 50 aircraft to be delivered in the 2020-2022 timeframe.

The Block III version would boost the exports prospects of the JF-17 in countries that cannot afford expensive Western origin fighter aircraft such as the F-16V. Already, Myanmar is a customer for the Block II aircraft having signed a $560 million in July 2015 for 16 jets.

The JF-17 costs substantially less compared to fourth-generation Western fighter jets. Taking the Myanmar deal is a benchmark, the price of the Block II jets is around $32 million apiece which makes it a third cheaper than the F-16.

Do we really need another new thread on this topic.

I find it almost annoying that some think to start a new thread for each and every news report? :crazy:

We already have one - IMO even several concerning Block III - and one should be enough,
in the same way we have already one - IMO even several concerning the new AESA - and one should be enough,
in the same way we have already one - IMO even several concerning JF-17B - and one should be enough,
in the same way we have already one - IMO even several concerning export - and one should be enough ...

and I could continue. :hitwall:

Last edited:
Do we really need another new thread on this topic.

I find it almost annoying that some thing to start a new thread for each and every news report? :crazy:

We already have one - IMO even several concerning Block III - and one should be enough,
in the same way we have already one - IMO even several concerning the new AESA - and one should be enough,
in the same way we have already one - IMO even several concerning JF-17B - and one should be enough,
in the same way we have already one - IMO even several concerning export - and one should be enough ...

and I could continue. :hitwall:
Yes could have been posted on an existing topic but this one line is new and interesting. New AA missile, I'm pretty sure since helmet mounted sight is present this could be a new type of high off bore sight missile and it could also mean the new RAMjet SD-10 variant similar to MICA.

"Newly developed air-to-air missiles and a targeting pod are also to be added."

Pardon ... and this single one-liner is reason enough to start a new thread? :hitwall:
Deino.
You are the International Moderator. Can you not amalgamate these threads into one. I fully agree we should declutter the board with more news but fewer threads.
A

Deino.
You are the International Moderator. Can you not amalgamate these threads into one. I fully agree we should declutter the board with more news but fewer threads.
A

No, regrettably not. My ability to moderate is restricted to the Chinese military section. :(

But maybe you could suggest this to a senior moderator.

Back
Top Bottom