What's new

Madrassa reforms - Suggestions

The pro-Taliban Lal Masjid administration on Friday vowed to enforce Islamic laws in the federal capital and threatened to unleash a wave of suicide bombers if the government took any action to counter it.

“Our youth will commit suicide attacks, if the government impedes the enforcement of the Sharia and attacks Lal Masjid and its sister seminaries,”

http://www.dawn.com/news/241168

Stop spreading misinformation. You are quoting as if the threat was made just this Friday. The matter is now resolved and the majority of Pakistanis is against the merciless killing of students trapped inside yet no one agrees with the way these people took the law into their own hands. You cannot equate Lal Masjid with every other Madresssh in Pakistan. Are you forgetting that Shias also operate Madressahs?

Stop spreading misinformation....

I am not spreading any misinformation ... Someone asked to point to a single madrassa in Pakistan that openly allowed and advocated for Suicide bombings .. And I did point it out to him .. Link was also provided ...

And better stop quoting me .. I am not interested in discussing anything with hate filled sectarian takfiri bigots ..

F*ck me:undecided:, should have expected this dumbassery from Radicals. I concede this argument.

Brother that is s very old news story and the image of Madressahs is being misrepresented. First of all, it was closed down and after due process of law has been reopened with safeguards in place. Secondly, they never actually carried out any suicide bombings whatsoever. Thirdly, no other Madresdah in Pakistan supported them. And finally, the administration of that time thought they were working with powerful backers and can use brinkmanship to persuade the government. Turned out the 'backers' wanted to get them into an embarrassing position. Today, the anti-Islam pro-Western lobby is using this to project a false image of all Madressahs. Please do not fall into their trap. Assalam o Alaikum.

No do you realise the root of my frustration, they have an entire country held hostage, an entire religion and they have even held the moderate clerics hostage.

Actually the country is held hostage by liberal minded pseudo-Muslims who are out to tarnish the good name and image of Islam and Muslims. I challenge every single anti-Madressah fanatic. If the situation is truly so bad, take the issue to court because 'the entire country is held hostage'. If you don't, you actually have no love for Pakistan, you just like to spout venom sitting on keyboards.

There is an elitist mentality amongst thesr brain washed pro-Western mental slaves, some of which were already appointed to the task of 'reforming Madressahs' and have miserably and spectacularly. Now you have nothing better to do except create threads on online forums and hold competitions on spouting anti-Islam venom. The existence of Madressahs has nothing to do with defence of Pakistan. The thread should be materially deleted because of its irrelevance.

Just as FYI, for someone to be able to hold credibility regarding Islam and it's Commands, some basic conditions need to be satisfied.

1. The person MUST be a practicing Muslim.
Right there you've made the assertion that people who claim to be victims of Muslims and their religion have no claim to exercise critical judgment upon them. So you're moniker is a misnomer - that is, a cheat.

2. The person MUST be able to trace his line of tutelage right back to Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu 'Alaihi Wa Aalihi Wasallam.
So it's not enough to be a Muslim, but you have to be the right sort of Muslim. That's a fine recipe for conflicting claims to leadership, right? And how is such a dispute supposed to be resolved without violence and tyranny?

3. The person must understand not just 'llm-e-Sharia' (the knowledge of Sharia') but also 'Mizaaj-e-Shariat' (the intentions of Shariat). Otherwise, words can simply be twisted or applied towards the wrong end.
And since discerning the intentions are (by your definition) not part of Shariat how are Muslims supposed to discern them?
You see this happening when someone takes it upon themselves to kill innocent people and thinks he is actually following the right path.
In the recent arguments about the new Sindh conversion law it was claimed such man-made laws were unnecessary. As near as I can tell it's because according to the law's opponents a Muslim should be allowed to exercise his will over non-Muslims and lesser Muslims as he wishes and only face divine judgement for his deeds after death. Do you agree or disagree with this?

@Doordie
@waz @Irfan Baloch @Oscar this guy has just declared the majority Muslim Pak population mushrik and kafir. Plz admit him to a rehab prog asap . Otherwise its pretty much evident from his post that one day he might just leave tablewgh -------- and go for the easy solution to get rid of his miseries and to attain higher mukam in jannah by exploding his some coat or jacket in a masjid related to some mushrik or kafir folks

His post was disgusting. His ideology is one that the terrorists swear allegiance to. He has been banned for a while until he learns to respect the aqeedah of the majority of Pakistanis.

Last edited:
Not going to happen ever so better come up with suggestions
I learned Islamiat and Arabic in school so yes it has happened and can happen.

When you have 10 Madrassas in a 1 KM radius, that doesn't mean that it's a great thing for an Islamic republic. It just means that people have turned it into a business and will do whatever their donators want them to do.

First: You need a cap on how many madrassas can be opened and they need to be pre-approved and licensed.
Second: As part of pre-approval process, you should conduct due diligence on how the madrassa will be funded and sustained.
Third: Any madrassa which holds students overnight needs to be kept on a very tight leash and heavily regulated.
Fourth: All kids studying in such madrassas need to be taught other subjects besides just quran and islamiyat. They need to be able to fit in with rest of the world outside the four walls of their madrassas.

Those are the big ones at least.

I suggest let the madrassas be. But force them to teach modern science, biology, chemistry, social sciences, economics to the students along with religious studies. Teach students especially the theory of evolution and astronomy. Let the students decide what they want to believe.
No one asked you to put secular or liberal views...this is islamic republic of pakistan
demolish them all and replace with bars, clubs and other fun infidel stuff.
srry dont want to raise our children s whores or rapists :p:

We are running a secret society so I wont disclose any info before you take an oath :D
A terrorist slaughtering cult is totally my ball game, where amd how do I sign up...:yay:

Actually the country is held hostage by liberal minded pseudo-Muslims who are out to tarnish the good name and image of Islam and Muslims. I challenge every single anti-Madressah fanatic. If the situation is truly so bad, take the issue to court because 'the entire country is held hostage'. If you don't, you actually have no love for Pakistan, you just like to spout venom sitting on keyboards.

There is an elitist mentality amongst thesr brain washed pro-Western mental slaves, some of which were already appointed to the task of 'reforming Madressahs' and have miserably and spectacularly. Now you have nothing better to do except create threads on online forums and hold competitions on spouting anti-Islam venom. The existence of Madressahs has nothing to do with defence of Pakistan. The thread should be materially deleted because of its irrelevance.
You really believe that these mullahs give a shit about the courts they label western, secular and satanic. The government took Qadri to court and see where it lead, the government tried to take the red mosque clerics to court and do you see where that lead, ever day the LEAs take terrorists and their abettors into custody only to be released under the pressure if certain political parties. They are traitors of the highest order and do you knw what the punishment for treachery in Islam is, it the death penalty. The idea of Madrassahs is not bad in itself but the way they are raised, funded and propagated is of concern. They are funded by outside powers to meet their grand strategic and sectarian designs and have no regard for national interests.
These madaris are responsible for churning out tens of thousands of ignorant, if not borderline brainwashed, youths who believe in a very rigid and impractical interpretation of Islam.
I am not a westernised elite, I am just a middle class guy who is fed up of being labelled an insolent libtard when I advocate knowledge of the deen along with knowledge of the world.

For madrassas:-
- Remove the jaahil sectarianists
- introduce worldly education as we.
- make them follow islam
- ban use of sticks or hands for beating students.
- Appointment of Physical Education Teacher and start of sports activities.
- establishment of ministry of madrassa
- Give university education in an islamic enviroent with segregation.
- bring as many existing madrassas under ministry of madrassas as possible and make sure they get no foreign funding and no terroristic views are taught.
- teach english as it helps to access what the world is doing

For school ,colleges , universities :-
- Convert as many schools as possible to pakistani federal board system .
- Give good islamic education throughout the metric, inter and university.
- as the country is islamic , impose ban on co education no matter what its advantages are
- keep a strict watch on what each institution is teaching and scan through each book provided as institutions such as Beaconhouse system , The city chool etc are introducing the western (non-islamic thoughts) liberalism and secularis which in turn would spoil the moralic values of students.
- regularly survey the students and parents of educational institutes to check whether any staff is asking for bribes or whether student is tortured or not.
- introduce CCTV strict supervision in every institution

@Zarvan kaisa kaha?

A terrorist slaughtering cult is totally my ball game, where amd how do I sign up...:yay:

You really believe that these mullahs give a shit about the courts they label western, secular and satanic. The government took Qadri to court and see where it lead, the government tried to take the red mosque clerics to court and do you see where that lead, ever day the LEAs take terrorists and their abettors into custody only to be released under the pressure if certain political parties. They are traitors of the highest order and do you knw what the punishment for treachery in Islam is, it the death penalty. The idea of Madrassahs is not bad in itself but the way they are raised, funded and propagated is of concern. They are funded by outside powers to meet their grand strategic and sectarian designs and have no regard for national interests.
These madaris are responsible for churning out tens of thousands of ignorant, if not borderline brainwashed, youths who believe in a very rigid and impractical interpretation of Islam.
I am not a westernised elite, I am just a middle class guy who is fed up of being labelled an insolent libtard when I advocate knowledge of the deen along with knowledge of the world.
Excellent post, I just hope enough people think like you.:pakistan:

Rules are made to be broken :D har Kala rasha . You are being designated as a deputy commandment to Fuhrer mentee :P

Why not just close them down and replace them with high tech universities, colleges, libraries? haven't we suffered enough terrorism and humiliation because of these terror factories?

Madrassahs facilitating terrorism constitute important, yet far from exclusive, avenues of radicalisation.

One need not attend a madrassah to become a terrorist, neither in Pakistan nor anywhere else.

The literature on Pakistani madrassahs suggests that the presence of a madrassah is an unnecessary and insufficient precondition for terrorism. With regard to necessity, the counterfactual – that the absence of a madrassah is accompanied by the absence of terrorism – fails to withstand empirical scrutiny.

Ironically, the single event that most successfully brought madrassahs to the forefront of international attention – 9/11 – was executed by 19 men, none of whom graduated from a madrassah

In examining the profiles of 79 terrorists involved in "five of the worst anti-Western terrorist strikes in recent memory" (the 1993 World Trade Center bombings, the 1998 Africa embassy bombings, September 11, the 2002 Bali nightclub bombings, and the 2005 London bombings), Peter Bergen and Swati Pandey find the average terrorist to be well educated. While 54 per cent of their sample had attended college, the authors point out that "only 52 per cent of Americans can claim similar academic credentials."

Marc Sageman similarly observes a relatively strong correlation between educational achievement and terrorism. He samples 172 terrorists to find that a majority exhibit above-average educational qualifications with respect to the societies to which they belong.

The counterfactual has also been probed in a Pakistan-specific context. To the extent that the 9/11 Commission Report is correct in terming madrassahs "incubators of violent extremism," in Pakistan they do not operate alone. According to Andrew Coulson, "the presumption that Pakistan's state schools promote tolerance is mistaken.

As pointed out by Pervez Hoodbhoy, Pakistani schools, and not just madrassahs, are churning out fiery zealots, fuelled with a passion for jihad and martyrdom.

The Sustainable Development Policy Institute (SDPI) tells us that the public school curriculum exposes students to "material that is directly contrary to the goals and values of a progressive, moderate and democratic Pakistan."

Another indication that non-religious schools conduce to militancy emerges from recent work on de-radicalisation. Project Sabawoon, aimed at "the de-radicalisation and de-indoctrination of captured young suicide bombers" in the Pakistani province of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa houses 84 young radicals, a majority of whom studied in government schools (not madrassahs) prior to their recruitment by militants.

http://www.terrorismanalysts.com/pt/index.php/pot/article/view/116/html

Back
Top Bottom