What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Mahindra Balero
Bolero-3.jpg

166.jpg

Mahindra+Bolero.jpg

74163d1227719402-modifications-bolero-sportz-2004-brute.jpg

Premier Rio is a ~Not Indian~ Shell except for the Indian made Engine.It already flopped?. :P BTW ,Most of the Vehicles are manufactured Here.While Some of the Expensive brands are imported as CBU's. Merc and BMW have Plants in India.
India's Automobile Sector was nothing to even tell ,back till 1991 or So When the Economy is Closed ,License Raj or Only Particular Number of Each brand of Vehicles can only be Manufactured and Sold.Look at Old Hindi Movies.That's Why Hindustan Ambassador Car was the Most in Demand Followed by Fiat 1100 aka Premier Padmini and Few other Cars till the Advent of Maruti 800(Suzuki).
--
If "Made in India" tag is for Only India based Companies ,then Tata and Mahindra are the Major Ones in the Non-Commerical Vehicle Manufacturers.
Most of the cars are made in India.except for the CBU's.
Mahindra Scorpio is what will be a good representation of Made in India vehicles.
::::: MAHINDRA SCORPIO :::::

Tata's Aria is expected Soon.(During Jan 2010 on Autoexpo at New Delhi it was revealed)
257706d1262750301-pics-tata-motors-unveil-aria-indicruze-auto-expo-2010-001.jpg

Pics: Tata Motors unveil the Aria (Indicruze) at the Auto Expo 2010 - Team-BHP

Indica Vista Aura+ :
299091d1267533642-tata-indica-vista-abs-test-drive-review-2.jpg

My Indica Vista Aura Plus Quadrajet(Arctic Silver) Arrived - Team-BHP

Almost all of them Assembled in India not manufactured.

Notable Indian automobile manufacturers

* Ashok Leyland[12]
* Chinkara Motors[13]: Beachster, Hammer, Roadster 1.8S, Rockster, Jeepster, Sailster.
* Force Motors[14]
* Hindustan Motors[15]: Ambassador.
* Mahindra[16]: Major, Xylo, Scorpio.
* Maruti Suzuki[17]: 800, Alto, WagonR, Estilo, AStar, Ritz, Swift, Swift DZire, SX4, Omni, Versa, Gypsy
* Premier[18]: Sigma, Roadster, RiO.
* San Motors[19]: Storm
* Tata Motors[20]: Nano, Indica, Indigo, Sumo, Safari, TL.Aria

[edit] Electric car companies in India

* Ajanta Group[21]
* Mahindra[22]
* Hero Electric[23]
* REVA
* Tara International[24]
* Tata Motors[25]

Notable Multi-national automobile manufacturers
[edit] Locally manufactured Automobiles of Multi-national Companies

* Audi: A4, A6.
* BMW: 3 Series, 5 Series.
* Chevrolet[26]: Spark, Beat, Aveo U-VA, Aveo, Optra, Cruze, Tavera.
* Fiat[27]: Palio, Grande Punto, Linea.
* Ford[28]: Ikon, Fiesta, Fusion, Endeavour, Figo
* Honda[29]: Jazz, City, Civic, Accord.
* Hyundai[30]: Santro, i10, Getz, i20, Accent, Verna, Tucson, Sonata.
* Mercedes-Benz: C-Class, E-Class
* Mitsubishi[31]: Lancer, Lancer Cedia.
* Nissan: Micra
* Renault[32]: Logan
* Škoda[33]: Fabia, Octavia, Laura.
* Toyota[34]: Corolla, Innova, Fortuner
* Volkswagen[35]: Jetta, Passat, Polo.

On my visit to India, I had the pleasure of driving not one but many Tata cars and enjoy a Bajaj scooter as well. The cars were fine, this coming from a motorhead, but the scooter I must say was painful to ride like all other scooters in the world.

Tata trucks are what fascinate me as they represent the progress that the local automobile sector has achieved in India. The Indian auto industry is surely rising and is quite modernized compared to many other developing nations.

PS :- How did Tata manage to convince the Brits to sell Jaguar and Land Rover to them is beyond me.

Most of them are manufactured in India.Not "assembled" CKD's.I am talking about Hyundai,Toyota,Honda,Volkswagen,Skoda,Chevrolet etc and most of the Companies with Localization ranging from 40% and Above including Mercs and BMW's.Many major Companies Have India Specific Models.In India ,importing attracts double the Original amount due to taxes(as is with other neighbouring countries?).Used Cars "Refurbished" are Not allowed in India Market unlike in Srilanka and ..may be Bangladesh etc.

Few Models are imported(CBU) with 110% face tax.Audi,Nissan's(Not Micra ,Which is manufactured in their Madras Factory),Bentley and such.

Go Through this Guy's Thread:
What's new, What's hot /// East of your border! - Page 122 - PakWheels Forums

@sparklingway: Motor Cycles from TVS,Baja,Hero-Honda and Others are what I thought India is famous For :P Bajaj Scootters of vintage Vespa Designs were not in Production(or very less in no.s) for almost a decade now.
Scootters - Honda Activa/deo ,Suzuki ,TVS Scootty etc and Electric Scootters are now the Rave.No More Bajaj/LML Vespa/Narmada.All Died due to Pollution Norms when Enforced end 1990's(Bharat Stage)

Last edited:
AL-bus-1.jpg

Ashok Leyland Trucks and Buses are the Major Rival of Tata's.They too have many Models(Honestly have no Idea!) like Tata's have.from Truck like Sturdy Chassis for Buses to New Age Buses.Personally ,I'm a fan of AL(Ashok Leyland) Bus's Growling Engine Sound.Infact ,many britishers too ,I guess.Here:
http://images.google.co.in/images?hl=en&q=ashok+leyland+Bus
Here is a Classic looking Double Decker Bus from Ashok Leyland(Successor of Defunct "British Leyland" of England now owned by Hinduja Group) in Bombay City:
2912243782_479e9315b8_o.jpg

--
Tata Prima is only a Concept Car.
Here is the Vista Notchback/Sedan aka "Tata Manza"
tata-manza-part2.jpg

Indigo Manza

Last edited:
Multi-Axle "Made in Bangalore(India)" Volvo B9R 9400 6x2 Multi-Axle Bus:
A K.S.R.T.C(Karnataka state) Bus(Volvo B9R):
175996d1250523621-volvo-launches-b9r-coach-9400-6x2-p1300927.jpg
175997d1250523621-volvo-launches-b9r-coach-9400-6x2-p1300934.jpg

Made in India Mercedez-Benz Bus(Body Built By "Sutlej" of Pathankot,Punjab IIRC) :
236221d1259506440-volvo-launches-b9r-coach-9400-6x2-yeshwanth-1.jpg
236222d1259506440-volvo-launches-b9r-coach-9400-6x2-yeshwanth-2.jpg

Other Major Bus/Truck Manufacturers - Eicher,Swaraj,AMW,MAN-Force, etc/
--
Indian Motorcycles ,I guess are pretty known to many like Bajaj Pulsar,Hero Honda Karizma ZMR etc due to TV Ads etc .
Coming to Motorcycles ,India had the Longest going Production of a Motorcycle Model from 1953-2010 March - Yes!None Other Than the Legendary British Thumper "Royal Enfield Bullet Std 350" Cast Iron Engine.Production Stopped due to BS-IV pollution norms and Newer Model is Called Bullet Classic.
Royal Enfield Motorcycles are extremely Popular all over India and Particularly Punjabis,Malayalees(Kerala).You may find these Motorcycles all over the World.

Retro Styled Bullet Classic 500 EFI(MPFI):
RE_Bullet_Classic_350.jpg

Here is their website for International Models(Manufactured at their Madras Plant):
Royal Enfield - World's longest standing production motorcycle, the Bullet and other classic, powerful motorcycles

This is the New Bullet Electra Twinspark launched in India in place of Old CI Models.I am aspiring to Buy One.Costs approximately $2550~ :azn:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom