What's new

Made in India Vehicles

Mahindra SCORPIO
2009-mahindra-scorpio-white-front-view.jpg

slide13.jpg

Looks like a well build SUB. How is the performance and price for this guy. :)

Over all, not bad India. Your car industry maturing. Good going.:tup:

:lol:

Get your facts straight. All of these cars, from Tata Xenon to Hyundai i20, are manufactured in totality in India and exported to other countries.

I know, it is hard for you digest any of this. :chilli:

I was once reading an article on Pakistan's exports and all it showcased was how Pakistan had managed to increase its football products exports. :lol: Great achievement, :rofl:
Watch what your writing, You dont need to drag Pakistan into this:coffee:

Since its about vehicles and not specifically cars, let me post some great Indian bikes

Pulsar 200 (Thats ma beast)
bajaj_pulsar_200_dtsi.jpg

And I just love this one. I own it and have been having a great time since 3 years now. Wheelies, Stoppies, burnouts, what not.

Awesome machine

Very comfortable buses. I have traveled often in these buses on NH4!!
And The Majestic Circle bus stand!! FTW!
Made in India Mercedez-Benz Bus(Body Built By "Sutlej" of Pathankot,Punjab IIRC) :
236221d1259506440-volvo-launches-b9r-coach-9400-6x2-yeshwanth-1.jpg
236222d1259506440-volvo-launches-b9r-coach-9400-6x2-yeshwanth-2.jpg
Sharma Travels! A friend had the dealership for booking on Sharma travels. Used to get discounts ;)

Suzuki A-Star, indigenously designed and developed

DC Designs of India is one of Asia's foremost automobile design companies.

DC Design Amberoid

DC S, India's first and only supercar in production

Bajaj XCD 125

TVS Apache

------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: All vehicles shown in this post have been developed in India.

DC Cars are a joke - they give the illusion of being fast because of their speed but are generally pathetic to drive. The only exception is the Toyota Innova he offers.

A slew of other cars are manufactured in India - VW makes the Polo, they launced the hatch and the sedan will be out soon; Fiat has the Linea and Grande Punto, Skoda manufacturers the Fabia, GM makes the Cruze and Beat, Ford makes the Figo and Fiesta, Nissan is launching the Micra next month - this is besides the usual suspects - the Japanese and the Koreans.

On my visit to India, I had the pleasure of driving not one but many Tata cars and enjoy a Bajaj scooter as well. The cars were fine, this coming from a motorhead, but the scooter I must say was painful to ride like all other scooters in the world.

Tata trucks are what fascinate me as they represent the progress that the local automobile sector has achieved in India. The Indian auto industry is surely rising and is quite modernized compared to many other developing nations.

PS :- How did Tata manage to convince the Brits to sell Jaguar and Land Rover to them is beyond me.

Tata Trucks - well, they acquired the bankrupt arm of Daewoo which made trucks - this helped them a lot.

Oh and Tatas did not have to convince the Brits to sell Jag and LR - they had to buy it off an American firm which was not exactly rolling in cash - Ford. There are no British car manufacturers anymore except niche players like Morgan - who themselves use BMW engines in some models. I am looking forward to the Tata Aria which is on a brand new platform - the rest of Tata SUVs and MUVs while serviceable have been on relatively older Tata 207 platform.

San Storm is a two-seat sports car from San Motors India LTD. of India that was introduced in 1998.

San2.jpg

30171d1216368808-modification-indian-car-into-convertible-sports-car-.jpg

Scorpio is a good looking car but its interior is low class no offence
But interiors of indian cars is just 3rd class something like Mehran or Adams in Pakistan.
But ur Bikes are very good looking.
Especially the first pic of engfield is just superb,awesome.
And are these D.C cars custome made prototypes???
Wat about willys jep do u gys have them or wat?

Scorpio is a good looking car but its interior is low class no offence
But interiors of indian cars is just 3rd class something like Mehran or Adams in Pakistan.
But ur Bikes are very good looking.
Especially the first pic of engfield is just superb,awesome.
And are these D.C cars custome made prototypes???
Wat about willys jep do u gys have them or wat?

Yeah the interiors of Mahindra Scorpio are not very good. The company needs to work on that. Otherwise, the vehicle is of excellent build quality and has a pretty powerful and efficient engine too.

For some reason, Indian car manufacturers dont focus much on interiors. Check out the interior of Tata Indica --

Tata_Indica_Vista_Electric_Interior.jpg

tata-indica-vista-interior.jpg

And Sumo Victa --

Pretty ordinary.

P.S. I don't understand why Tata Indica has its speedometer in the center of the dashboard! How inconvenient!

Yeah the interiors of Mahindra Scorpio are not very good. The company needs to work on that. Otherwise, the vehicle is of excellent build quality and has a pretty powerful and efficient engine too.

For some reason, Indian car manufacturers dont focus much on interiors. Check out the interior of Tata Indica --

Tata_Indica_Vista_Electric_Interior.jpg

tata-indica-vista-interior.jpg

And Sumo Victa --

Pretty ordinary.

not all indian cars have ordinary interiors...how about thIS mate?

Maruti A-star

Back
Top Bottom