What's new

Made in India Vehicles

I'm a big admirer of engineering in India: Carlos Ghosn | Business Standard News
1432122054-8166.jpg

Chairman and CEO of Renault Group Carlos Ghosn at the global launch of Renault's new compact hatchback 'Kwid' in Chennai

• There is 97% of localisation in this car. No other car in Renault or Nissan has this kind of localisation.
  • I am a big admirer of engineering in India, because India has particular skill and gift in frugal engineering. Actually it is not the kind of buzz word, we have done it. We have based a technical centre here, we hired engineers and we made a car
  • I don't think we could have done this car from Japan or from France, at the same time I dont think this car could have been done in India only with Indian engineering. You need the fusion of the experience and knowledge from global market and the creativity of Indian engineering. This is the secret behind Kwid.

I'm a big admirer of engineering in India: Carlos Ghosn | Business Standard News
1432122054-8166.jpg

Chairman and CEO of Renault Group Carlos Ghosn at the global launch of Renault's new compact hatchback 'Kwid' in Chennai

• There is 97% of localisation in this car. No other car in Renault or Nissan has this kind of localisation.
  • I am a big admirer of engineering in India, because India has particular skill and gift in frugal engineering. Actually it is not the kind of buzz word, we have done it. We have based a technical centre here, we hired engineers and we made a car
  • I don't think we could have done this car from Japan or from France, at the same time I dont think this car could have been done in India only with Indian engineering. You need the fusion of the experience and knowledge from global market and the creativity of Indian engineering. This is the secret behind Kwid.

^^
Indian price + French design = World Beater
Only competition can be Indian price and German engine
  • Only thing, engines are a dime-a-dozen.
Fiat, Japanese and Koreans are good at small engines nowadays.

Royal Enfield Classic 500 Limited Edition Unveiled
classic-500-limited-edition-blue-despatch_678x352_61432879304.jpg

Royal Enfield inaugurated its sixth apparel and accessories store in the national capital recently. The day also marked the unveiling of the special edition Classic 500 that will go on sale on July 15, 2015. While there are no mechanical changes made to the bike, it gets two new exclusive colours - Squadron Blue Despatch and Desert Storm Despatch - and the limited edition badge. Royal Enfield plans will sell 200 units of the Classic 500 limited edition in both the aforementioned colours. And these will be sold exclusively through Royal Enfield's online store.

As mentioned above, the vehicle receives no mechanical changes as it continues to feature the same

classic-500-limited-edition_650x465_71432879334.jpg

re-gear-store-khan-market.jpg

At the event, Mr Siddharth Lal, MD & CEO, Eicher Motors revealed that the company is working on two new platforms to accommodate several new models ranging from 250cc to 750cc. Though these products will not launch before 2016.
http://auto.ndtv.com/news/royal-enfield-classic-500-limited-edition-unveiled-766671

Merc doubles production capacity; rolls out first India made GLA | Business Line
Merc1_2435335g.jpg

Mercedes Benz new production facility at its plant in Chakan.

Merc2_2435337g.jpg

Devendra Fadnavis, Maharashtra CM, Prakash Javadekar, Environment Minister, and Eberhard Kern, MD and CEO, Mercedes Benz India, at the roll out of GLA from expanded facility at Chakan.

Merc3_2435336g.jpg

Devendra Fadnavis, Maharashtra CM, Prakash Javadekar, Environment Minister, and Eberhard Kern, MD and CEO, Mercedes Benz India, at the inauguration of the expanded facility at Chakan.

Tata's are an established Global conglomerate.

I feel a good Global hit, like their concept Pixe model, may do the trick. Tata Motor's has many Indian hits. Tata Ace, 407 and bus and mid-to-medium size trucks are money spinners in India's sizeable market.

However, the moneys in JLR. A hit hatchback or even compact car may tarnish their JLR brands and big profits thereof, so why risk. Conversely, Tata's can go for a double-trouble play by going at the top and bottom of the pyramid markets with their Nano and Sumo type brands and Jaguar and Land Rover brands.

Why bother? I'd rather extend the marquee JLR brands then pump up the ho-hum Tata motor brand. Smashing range of trucks and jeeps them Land Rovers Vs. aapro Tata 407. Similarly, up the game and call your car's baby Jag, mini Jag, micro Jag?

Tata's have all kinds of money's so can afford to play for long term while ringing in the cash.

Last edited:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom