What's new

Lungi March to Baridhara Park

:rofl: wear shalwar under it just for caution

You know I actually did that back in my O'level days during a Party we were having where we were all supposed to wear a Dhoti ! :fie:

Some of my friends were left nearly Butt-Naked at the hands of the Seniors but I escaped because of the Shalwar under the Dhoti ! :omghaha:

Farhad Mazhar could'nt go to Dhaka Club program for Lungi

[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlaE5yujtqk[/video]

Writer Columnist Farhad Mazhar had a family program in Dhaka Club. He went there wearing his usual dress lungi. But the club authority did not allow him to go inside.
Farhad Mazhar attended lots of foreign programs with this dress but in his own country, he faced problem.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++

A true son of the land!

A worker with a proper attire and his work itself both look more respectable than if he is in a loose loin clothe we call lungi. This is what I have seen throughout the western world including Japan and S. Korea. It is time we get rid of a simpleton emotion with lungi. Every one is free to wear anything in his own house, but he must wear a proper attire outside. Even Pajama/Punjabi and chappal should also be discarded in the work places. A western attire would be much preferable.

Attire changes the psychology of a person. Note the attires worn by the police or military. We certainly do not wish them to work in lungis. If done they will immediately lose respect. However, these same people wear lungis inside their barrack or house.

Wearing lungi outside seems fine to me though.

Every country preserves it's national dress/costumes. If US/West can wear Pant/Shirt, Russians can wear Sarafan, Pakistanis can wear Shalwar Kameez, indians can wear dhotis than whats wrong with Bdshis wearing lungis.

Somehow in this age, you are only smart if you wear shirt and pants :lol:

'Yes' for Lungi!
-----------------
People around the globe showing support for Lungi! :

47807_402627089834472_1154396353_n.png

Bernhard Hertlein, Heidelberg University, Germany.

65696_402610853169429_1956557171_n.jpg

Robi Ravean Karo - London Bridge, Central London

546002_402813203149194_54343469_n.jpg

Omar Salahuddin - Southend-on-Sea, England.

67265_402611093169405_184429482_n.jpg

Sanjida Jui, Bitopi Leo Burnett.

149241_402617279835453_1712799995_n.jpg

Even if you dont have a lungi you can always try to make a fashion statement with something which looks like a lungi.

46948_402613953169119_1674480673_n.jpg

Mohib Rahman and his friend - Pietarsaari, Western Finland.

482349_402843413146173_1366722489_n.jpg

Tamanna Akram made her friends wear Lungi-Gamcha - Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA.

150137_402611043169410_1138760714_n.jpg

Dan W. Mozena, US Ambassador to Bangladesh(with family).

6665_404699242960590_544099370_n.jpg

Are you going to the first ever Lungi March to Baridhara Park?
~ Reporting time is at 4PM, march starts at 5PM.
~ Bring along your friends to have a fun filled march in flying colors of Lungi! You can borrow lungi from your father. Girls show up to support the cause as well as take part by wearing Lungis on a pair of denim/jeggings/leggings. BDcyclists promised to show up with 150+ members to ride along with the crowd in lungis!
Bir Bangali Lungi poro, Lungi pore aram koro! Joy Bangla!
** We had to cancel the concert due to insufficient permissions as some 'influential' people don't want this peace rally to take place.

https://www.facebook.com/events/488292637891538

- MHJ ...

@M.H.J. hello , how are you ? how is your facebook fan page going ? i see some morons are giving stupid comments in your page, ban them.

Last edited by a moderator:
@M.H.J. hello , how are you ? how is your facebook fan page going ? i see some morons are giving stupid comments in your page, ban them.

Alhamdulillah, I am fine. How are you, bro?

Yeah, there are some "f**k n nutt" in the page...
Today I have banned 5 stupid from there!
:/

Last edited by a moderator:
A worker with a proper attire and his work itself both look more respectable than if he is in a loose loin clothe we call lungi. This is what I have seen throughout the western world including Japan and S. Korea. It is time we get rid of a simpleton emotion with lungi. Every one is free to wear anything in his own house, but he must wear a proper attire outside. Even Pajama/Punjabi and chappal should also be discarded in the work places. A western attire would be much preferable.

Attire changes the psychology of a person. Note the attires worn by the police or military. We certainly do not wish them to work in lungis. If done they will immediately lose respect. However, these same people wear lungis inside their barrack or house.

Thats because we've been conditioned to believe that somehow Western Attire, Mannerism, Standards of Propriety & now even Values are the epitome of all that is 'right' whereas we need to conform to them to come across as proper, cultured & civilized !

My friend, the Colonials might have left but not before leaving an indelible mark on our subconscious ! There is nothing wrong with wearing a Lungi, a Dhoti, a Shalwar Kameez or a Saree to Office ! Our ancestors wore them when they were everything from Soldiers to Rulers, in their independent kingdoms that dotted the Indian Subcontinent without considering it improper & non-professional to do so !

And yes, the Frontier Corp & the Frontier Constablry along with the Tribal Lashkars (Baluch & Pukhtoon) & even the other side (the Baluch Separatists & TTP) fight in the harshest conditions possible wearing the same Shalwar Kameez !

Back
Top Bottom