What's new

Lunch between French and Iranian presidents canceled: France refused request to serve halal food and

The French should allow them to sell their Mirage F1s to Morocco.

I think IRAN's Navy might make up a deal of the French used Naval Fleet that can be very useful for them.

:rofl: Nope, veggie is not French much, check the end feast of any Astérix! :azn:

View attachment 270943

GN, Tay.

The picture you posted reminded me of this video :

2;54 Epic !

It would be very appropriate for France to remove the red part and blue part of their flag and fly the remaining part.

So your point is ?
During a short time,our flag was all white,and to educate ignorant persons like you,the white represents the King,the royalty.
Please,don't open your mouth if you don't have anything intelligent to say.

Mais non, c'est sacrilège

Oh la la !

Iran is expected to sign a large airbus purchade order when Rouhini in France from 16-17th November,maybe he was thinking he could get a wine free lunch with his order !!!
There's no such thing as a wine free lunch!

Someone made a similar thread in the Iranian section, and this is what I posted there,

An Iranian official, due to his beliefs, doesn't want to attend a certain dinner. He isn't saying that France should be bombed or that he wants to cut all ties with France.

It's like if someone asks you to a private party, and they say, "We're going to drink, dance, and do cocaine", and you say, "well, I don't have a problem with the first two, but I'm not comfortable going to a party where cocaine is being used, so I will respectfully refuse". Is that strange? No, you aren't asking THEM to not do drugs, but maybe because of your own personal principles, you don't want to attend a party where drugs are being used.

People from the west talk about tolerance & understanding, but you guys only see things from your own view point.

Someone made a similar thread in the Iranian section, and this is what I posted there,

An Iranian official, due to his beliefs, doesn't want to attend a certain dinner. He isn't saying that France should be bombed or that he wants to cut all ties with France.

It's like if someone asks you to a private party, and they say, "We're going to drink, dance, and do cocaine", and you say, "well, I don't have a problem with the first two, but I'm not comfortable going to a party where cocaine is being used, so I will respectfully refuse". Is that strange? No, you aren't asking THEM to not do drugs, but maybe because of your own personal principles, you don't want to attend a party where drugs are being used.

People from the west talk about tolerance & understanding, but you guys only see things from your own view point.

1.Alcohol is not drugs.

2.It isn't like French officials would have drank themselves under the table,probably would have had a few sips or a glass during lunch.

3.Iranians were guests and nobody forced wine on them,they've disrespected their hosts with silly requests..

4 I see Western woman officials wearing scarves when visiting Islamic countries,Iranians didn't reciprocate that respect to your host.

Perfect method to lose iranian orders for airbus and industrial products.

More to go to Ilyushin and Superjet.

Iran gave orders of 21 billion $ to Russia for aviation goods. France had excellent scope for getting orders of 20 billion+ from Iran . But they blew that.

Last edited:
1.Alcohol is not drugs.

2.It isn't like French officials would have drank themselves under the table,probably would have had a few sips or a glass during lunch.

3.Iranians were guests and nobody forced wine on them,they've disrespected their hosts with silly requests..

4 I see Western woman officials wearing scarves when visiting Islamic countries,Iranians didn't reciprocate that respect to your host.

On your first point, your norm, in your culture, views Alcohol as harmless and Drugs as bad. Someone else in a different country, might consider both as very bad. And yet someone else will okay with both of them.

We as products of different cultures will have different ways of looking at such things.

When invited to an event, the guests are allowed to attend or not, based on how it meets their principles. Let me make another simpler comparison. If my wife & myself are invited to a dinner party and I hear that there is going to be indoor smoking, I will have to refuse to go. I have nothing against smoking, but I have a 8 month baby, and I'd have to bring him with me. I don't demand that no one smokes at all, but I will tell them that due to my current circumstances, I will not be attending. It's nothing strange, nor would I expect them to be angry at me for not respecting their wishes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom