What's new

Lunch between French and Iranian presidents canceled: France refused request to serve halal food and

Husnainshah

Reaction score
The French sure know how to get a rise out of someone - Muslims especially.
Depends which Muslims mate! I have a feeling that our friends in the sands of the peninsula,
some of whom are not averse to French cuisine, find that story quite pleasing and amusing!

If you see what I mean? ;)

Good evening to you, Tay.

Depends which Muslims mate! I have a feeling that our friends in the sands of the peninsula,
some of whom are not averse to French cuisine, find that story quite pleasing and amusing!

dont french have any genunie veggie cusine?... should import some south Indians...

Charectoristics of a non serious nation, image that haunts french history to the point of it being used in jokes frequently

dont french have any genunie veggie cusine?... should import some south Indians...
:rofl: Nope, veggie is not French much, check the end feast of any Astérix! :azn:

Unknown.jpeg

GN, Tay.

It is extremely impolite, undiplomatic, condescending and ugly behaviour on part of the ugly and a loser French govt.
Shame on you France..You are the trash can of the humanity....just an ugliness

Well before we jump on the French I'm sure if they were to dine in Tehran they would not be allowed to have wine on the table either or pork. So accommodations need to be a two way street not a one way one.

Well before we jump on the French I'm sure if they were to dine in Tehran they would not be allowed to have wine on the table either or pork. So accommodations need to be a two way street not a one way one.
its rude to provide food to your guest who you know they wont eat. do you not check diet restriction of guests you invite(vegan/veggie/allergies)

The French sure know how to get a rise out of someone - Muslims especially. I agree with the French though,
it's like they say when in Rome, do as the Romans do. Muslims should be a little less sensitive.

Lunch between French and Iranian presidents canceled: France refused request to serve halal food and no wine

France won’t dine with Iran unless wine is served - The Washington Post
its rude though.

It is extremely impolite, undiplomatic, condescending and ugly behaviour on part of the ugly and a loser French govt.
Shame on you France..You are the trash can of the humanity....just an ugliness

Easy there! Did ya even read the article?

The request for halal food is perfectly reasonable: if Hollande is going to invite Rouhani to lunch, he shouldn’t serve him food that his guest cannot eat for religious reasons. But the request that there be no wine on the table is inherently supremacist and absolutely unjustifiable. Rouhani would not be forced to drink wine, but that’s not enough: if he is not going to drink wine, then no one else can drink it either, including the non-Muslims present.

That's as reasonable as it gets. There's nothing impolite about it. French just don't seem to follow the policy of appeasement.

Well, ya can bet Rouhani's not one of 'em. :P

That is not true and it is not even equal or fair. Wine and pork is not allowed in Islam so if Iranians were to serve these, they will go against their religion. While halal is meat is not a problem either for christians (any sect) or for non-religious people since it is the same meat they eat but processed differently. Just a little use of intelligence will make it clear to even the dumbest of the persons.

The same french will serve Kosher for Israeli prime killer with pleasure. This is hypocrisy and injustice and they are a are not going to make the world a better place.

If it was a friendly Muslim country I would understand but we're talking about Iran here. They can go f*** themselves.

its rude to provide food to your guest who you know they wont eat. do you not check diet restriction of guests you invite(vegan/veggie/allergies)

its rude though.

I think it's more like the President of France (and others I suppose) were not allowed to drink at the dinner. It had nothing to do with what the President of Iran was drinking. No wine at all on the table - that means for EVERYBODY.

The French drink wine with all their meals. It would be rude to them not to be served wine in Tehran.

I think it's more like the President of France (and others I suppose) were not allowed to drink at the dinner. It had nothing to do with what the President of Iran was drinking. No wine at all on the table - that means for EVERYBODY.

The French drink wine with all their meals.
hmm.. was he going to die if he did not drink wine once. In state visits, there are people who will go through details(try to get information from various places) about your dietary habits, favourite food, likes, dislikes etc.
Besides apart from wine(is wine really a french idenitity?) you ignored non-halal food being served. If you want to take a moral position regarding halal food, just go veggie. Its all about guest, not you.

Probably cultural difference, I think asian culture(including middle east) puts guests at higher pedestral.

The French drink wine with all their meals. It would be rude to them not to be served wine in Tehran.

True, French don't joke with their wine and good food. Having grew up there, i can attest to that.:D

Back
Top Bottom