What's new

Lt.Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa the new COAS - Lt.Gen Zubair Hayat new CJCSC.

Of course, who is saying that the corps cmndrs should have this luxury? They shouldn't take over. But PM should look for the qualifications rather than selecting someone who will likely prove his own right hand...

Our democracy is not mature enough. We have no one in the cabinet who can raise voice on trillions of rupees of loans, that too at high interest rates. We have no one in the cabinet who can criticize the decision of government's award of work in Gwadar to a Qatari company without receiving the required number of proposals.

When courts start showing their teeth, our democrazy attack the courts to break their jaws. Which democracy are you talking about my friend?

Have you ever been to US or UK? I hope you have visited these countries. Have you ever noticed how the institutions function?
I recently moved overseas (UK) for my PhD. So I know how institutions work.

Have we bothered to look at our neighbour India? It had the identical system of governance left by the British. Over 70 years, the system has vastly improved though still not at par with the West. Did they need Corps Commanders?

If India's political system can improve, then so can ours without the military. India is a comparable example. The West is still too far out.

Gen Qamar Bajwa is new army chief
l_167864_053532_updates.jpg

The government Saturday appointed Lt Gen Zubair Mahmood Hayat as Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC) and Lt Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa as Chief of the Army Staff (COAS).

According to a spokesperson Prime Minister House, on the advice of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, President Mamnoon Hussain promoted Lt Gen Zubair Mahmood Hayat and Lt Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa to the rank of General.

The PM met the president today and took him into confidence over the appointments at the army top slots.
COAS Gen Raheel Sharif and CJCSC Gen Rashad Mahmood are retiring on Nov 29.
The Change of Command ceremony would be held at the Army Hockey Stadium on Nov 29 at 10:30 am during which outgoing military chief General Raheel would hand over the command of the army to the new chief.
The prime minister met both the generals at the PM House and congratulated them.

Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa: Profile
Lt. Gen. Qamar Javed Bajwa was previously Commander of an important Rawalpindi Corps and is presently employed as Inspector General Training and Evaluation at GHQ, a position General Raheel Sharif held before becoming the army chief.

Normally, commanding a corps carries huge weightage before being considered for promotion to the four-star general.
He has commanded 10 Corps [Rawalpindi Corps], which is responsible for the most sensitive areas of the country and a position that plays a pivotal role as almost the entire border with India comes under its jurisdiction.
The entire defence installations, including army, navy and air headquarters, PM Secretariat are also under the responsibility of a Commander of 10 Corps.

Lt-Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa also commanded a brigade headquarter as a brigade major, commanded infantry unit as Lt Col, he was Grade-I officer [GSO-I] in 10 Corps headquarters and has also commanded a brigade in an operation area.

As a brigadier, he held a position of COS [chief of staff] at 10 Corps and also commanded formation division in Northern Areas as formation commander (FCNA). Besides, he also commanded infantry school and as Lt-Gen, he commanded 10 Corps.

Lt-Gen Bajwa was in 10 Corps thrice and has an extensive experience of handling affairs in Kashmir and the Northern Areas.

CyMdojdXEAE5X9p.jpg

Gen. Zubair Mahmood Hayat: Profile
General Zubair Mahmood Hayat, graduated from Command and Staff College Camberley, United Kingdom, and National Defence University, Islamabad. The general served on key posts throughout his career.

As a major general, Hayat served as General Officer Commanding (GOC) Sialkot and led Staff Duties Directorate. He was elevated to lieutenant general in January 2013 and was instated as corps commander Bahawalpur.

He was later appointed as the director general (DG) of the Strategic Plans Division in December 2013. The division, formed in 2001, is vital to research for and development of Pakistan's nuclear weapons, and it works as the secretariat of National Command Authority.
After this crucial responsibility, General Zubair Hayat was appointed as Chief of General Staff (CGS).

Hayat hails from a military family. His father retired from Pakistan Army as a major general.
One of Gen. Zubair's brother, Lt. Gen. Umar Hayat, is serving as chairman of Pakistan Ordinance Factory Wah Cantt.

isn't it ironic you are calling weakness as super fit?
it's indian culture to call weak body slim,smart and super fit and call fat person khate peete gharane se ha.

Pakistani generals are like wrestlers.

India Is The Land Of Small ****** There Definition of Strength is A Pretty Substandard One

The general is niether deaf nor blind.
Once he becomes the Army chief, he will know that he will have to finish up the job his predecessor started...finishing the job means going into Punjab and breaking the final nexus btw politics and terror.
On the domestic front too, with CPEC it would be difficult for any Army chief to ignore corrupt practices that may harm the future of the project plus the military is itself involved with its own very huge military industrial complex. The general can't just do his job if his subordinates feels like he is not looking out for them.
The nature of the job is such that it will mould anyone to its requirements.

I have a strong feeling he is Raheel choice. Dr Shahid Massod mentioned a week ago when both Raheel and Bajwa were together in military excerise and he kept on repeating Bajwa name.

He definitely got strong personality. build like a bulldozer just like Raheel. Sheer personality is very important while dealing with other powers. Raheel made yanks his bitches. imagine you are a yank and you wanna do hard bargain with the like of Raheel and Bajwa! in today's world, most wars and ba

No.... Gen Raheel sharif and army's choice was Gen Ashfaq Nadeem... Even Rauf klasra, who correctly told the name of Gen Qamar Bajwa, as COAS, in his prog few days ago, also mentioned in the same prog, tht military circles favored Gen Ashfaq Nadeem, and Rauf klasra, also said tht i want to tell Gen Raheel Sharif tht i can bet, aap likh kar rakh lein..Nawaz Sharif kabhi bhi aap ki marzi ka next chief nahi banayein ge... Even all other analysts were also saying tht Gen Raheel Sharif/army wanted Gen Ishfaq Nadeem

Last edited:

Have we bothered to look at our neighbour India? It had the identical system of governance left by the British. Over 70 years, the system has vastly improved though still not at par with the West. Did they need Corps Commanders?

If India's political system can improve, then so can ours without the military. India is a comparable example. The West is still too far out.
In India they elected someone guilty of mass murder

On the contrary, Pakistani generals are overweight (or fat, if you want to be impolite). Dalbir Singh is super fit even at 60 and would kick your *** any day!

dalbirSingh_25082014.jpg

the-new-indian-army-chief-general-dalbir-singh-207134.jpg

LOL dude he looks like he has aspbergers syndrome. He can't even wear his hat properly. GTFO

In comparison Raheel looks like he could bear hug this dude to death.

LOL he is well known for his fitness. In fact even among Indian generals, he is one of the fittest we have ever had. Only a Pakistani keyboard warrior, probably overweight himself, can call this guy malnourished. Trust me, very few people can look that fit at 60. He runs 10 km daily, look up.

Oh Surre!!! As If Our Generals Eat Popcorns and Sit Infront of A Tv All Day

Ppl, who know the new chief, dont seem to have high opinion of him :(
And Pakistanis can't even wait 24 hours before started crap about the new general.

Such people should be removed from the army immediately. Or better yet, should resign if they have an ounce of self respect.

Something needs to be done about this Maryam Nawaz's social media team.....the deliberate hoax being perpetuated by shady pages on FB on the beliefs of the incoming chief was a well planned effort.
I have no doubt that the general would not be happy when it is reported to him about who was behind these reports when he settles in.
Maryam is playing a dangerous game and she may think she is clever but there is no happy ending for her here.

May be but his electoral success was due to his economic performance.

It will take time for religious bigotry and hatred to get diminished in the sub-continent. We feel pride in being haters and jingoists.

However, India has improved considerably though they have to tackle their own JuDs and LeJs like the RSS. Religious nut bags of all flavours will always be a strain.

Back
Top Bottom