What's new

Lt.Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa the new COAS - Lt.Gen Zubair Hayat new CJCSC.

What relief? Please elaborate a bit.

He sounds like a man who has seen the ground realities,and will not be a victim of his own emotions, from the write-ups coming out. We in India may not face the mono-maniacal attitude that we did so long.

He sounds like a man who has seen the ground realities,and will not be a victim of his own emotions, from the write-ups coming out. We in India may not face the mono-maniacal attitude that we did so long.

This is what general bikram had to say.

Appointment of Qamar Javed Bajwa as new chief of Pakistan’s army seems to have set alarm bells ringing in India as country’s former army chief Bikram Singh on Saturday said New Delhi should be careful with respect to general’s approach.

Appointment of Qamar Javed Bajwa as new chief of Pakistan’s army seems to have set alarm bells ringing in India as country’s former army chief Bikram Singh on Saturday said New Delhi should be careful with respect to general’s approach.

Gen (retd) Singh regards Gen Bajwa as thorough professional who gave an outstanding performance in Congo during a UN peace mission, where they worked together.

“Things change once an officer goes back to his home country,” Indian media reported Bikram Sindgh as saying.

He said the new Pakistan army chief has wide experience of affairs related to the Line Of Control (LoC), adding that Qamar Javed Bajwa has served in all areas (bordering India) and knows pretty well what kind of terrain and conditions exists on both sides.

Earlier in the day, Pakistan appointed Lt Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa as Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) and Lt Gen Zubair Mahmood Hayat as Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC)

General Bajwa will get baton of command from General Raheel Sharif who retires on Nov 29 after completing three years in office.
who gave an outstanding performance in Congo during a UN peace mission, where they worked together.

“Things change once an officer goes back to his home country,” Indian media reported Bikram Sindgh as saying.

He said the new Pakistan army chief has wide experience of affairs related to the Line Of Control (LoC), adding that Qamar Javed Bajwa has served in all areas (bordering India) and knows pretty well what kind of terrain and conditions exists on both sides.

Earlier in the day, Pakistan appointed Lt Gen Qamar Javed Bajwa as Chief of the Army Staff (COAS) and Lt Gen Zubair Mahmood Hayat as Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff Committee (CJCSC)

General Bajwa will get baton of command from General Raheel Sharif who retires on Nov 29 after completing three years in office.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/1...asks-Indiato-be-careful-of-new-Pak-Army-Chief

This is what general bikram had to say.

Gen (retd) Singh regards Gen Bajwa as thorough professional who gave an outstanding performance in Congo during a UN peace mission, where they worked together.

who gave an outstanding performance in Congo during a UN peace mission, where they worked together.

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/1...asks-Indiato-be-careful-of-new-Pak-Army-Chief

It is a truism accepted by both sides that an incumbent is to be thoroughly tested in his first few days; this is true of the behaviour on the LOC, and I suspect that this will be true of this development. When the test shows resolution and firmness under pressure, things settle down. Conversely, a new incumbent is watched very carefully and with wary attention until his working style and attitudes become clear. Notice that General Singh spoke highly of his professionalism; I think that is good enough and that from the Indian point of view, the new chief should be thought of as innocent until proved guilty. So to speak.

He looks like a soldier. Craggy faced. The previous guy was .... well .... chubby.

Yes, a lowly corporal :-)

Good one Sir!! Good one!!!
:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:

Why whats wrong with being a lowly corporal?
Are we not human?
Have we not served our country with valor, pride and distinction?

Nothing wrong Sir! Absolutely nothing wrong :enjoy:

OH MY GOD people here are so stupid. You guys are not seriously questioning the authenticity of the new COAS. What the hell is wrong with you guys? The guy has already served his country for more then 35 years. And involving politics into this? Really? Bajwa didn't supersede anyone; all the other 4 generals were from the same long course, and if not promoted would have retired anyways. Stupid idiots. People need to understand that the days of coups are over. Army's policy has changed. General Kyani had the chance to take over, he didnt. Pagal Khan and Sheeda tali tried their best to deteriorate the law and order situation to a point that army take-over was certain (and i think its safe to say he did a pretty good job at that) - but general Raheel didn't over throw the government. Please do not think of this appointment as part of Nawaz's evil plan or something. Oh, and you guys are discussing political affiliations of the army generals you haven't even met as if you know them for decades. Bhai aaam bnda politics is tarah discuss nae karta, let alone generals :omghaha: :sarcastic:. Phuppo ka beta lga huwa ha, ya bachpan ka dost tha?.
I know almost everyone hates nawaz over here but please dont let the hate overshadow the fact that Pakistan Army is a highly professional and capable institution, which produces nothing short of exceptional soldiers. The chief represents the army. Agr naya cheif nae pasand to defence forum pe kia kar rahe ho? dufah ho jao, spread your bs elsewhere.
Moderators should ban everyone spreading rumours. I personally recommend tsarbombas name. Peace!
PAKISTAN ZINDABAD! PAK FAUJ ZINDABAD!

@Aether @waz Since he is new, maybe you gentlemen should inform him to remain civil and behave himself.

I wonders how he remained a corporal while receiving his commission
:angel: :enjoy:

I wonder how he remained a corporal while receiving his commission

Well I met a PA Col.once, and he had actually risen from the ranks. Joined as a sepoy, studied, worked hard and got to Col. Impressive personality.

This recent rumors about Gen.Bajwa being Ahmadi is utter rubbish, these sorta ppl should be sorted out, Officers who worked under his command states otherwise, which is infact reality...

Why whats wrong with being a lowly corporal?
Are we not human?
Have we not served our country with valor, pride and distinction?

Hi,

There is no well run military without its corporals---.

Thank you for the service---:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:---.

:angel: :enjoy:

Well I met a PA Col.once, and he had actually risen from the ranks. Joined as a sepoy, studied, worked hard and got to Col. Impressive personality.

General Musa was a ranker

I didn't know that, good to know! Thank You

I have met quite a few rankers, in our army, as well as NATO, and one thing I have noticed is their hardwork and perseverance.

Some how I have found them to be better officers, maybe because they started right at the bottom.

Hi,

The difference is that they can relate to what a trooper goes thru than a regular commissioned officer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom