What's new

Lt. Gen. Dalbir Singh Suhag likely to take over as new Army Chief

See all those medals and ribbons on his chest? That means that he has already done more in his life than you will ever do in yours.... so you are the only clown here.

And if you are referring to his hat (which kinda looks odd) its military tradition.

I think it's fair to say that @Ulla got bitchslapped, and won't be heard from on this thread anymore.:D

congrats!

:raise: another question...Gorkha? Is that like under the British crown? Sooo your new Army chief is under the crown?! Just asking because that is what I understand from the word Gorkha... :unsure:

Gorkha is a military division in the Indian army comprising Gorkha soldiers from Nepal. It was a division formed by the colonialists but have nothing to do with the UK or its crown

congrats!

:raise: another question...Gorkha? Is that like under the British crown? Sooo your new Army chief is under the crown?! Just asking because that is what I understand from the word Gorkha... :unsure:
Indian army has several Gurkha regiments, and if I'm not mistaken, they make the largest group after Sikhs. Most of them are Indians, some are from Nepal. Only an Indian or a Nepali can serve in the IA. They serve under the Indian President, not the British crown.

The Brits have also retained a regiment of Gurkhas, but that has nothing to do with the Indian army.

congrats!

??? Gorkha regiment traditionally consists of Nepali soldiers, they have been serving for both Indian & British Armies since long, they were first formed by Britishers.

??? Gorkha regiment traditionally consists of Nepali soldiers, they have been serving for both Indian & British Armies since long, they were first formed by Britishers.

A lot of India's Gorkha's comes from North Eastern States

Gorkha is a military division in the Indian army comprising Gorkha soldiers from Nepal. It was a division formed by the colonialists but have nothing to do with the UK or its crown
Most Gurkhas in the Gurkha rifles regiments are Indians, the percentage recruited from Nepali Gurkhas is lower. India also has a large ethnic Gorkha population now.

congrats!

What? There's so many things wrong with this statement.

1) The IA recruits its Gurkhas mostly from the INDIAN Gurkha regions in its NE.
2) Are all Nepalese some how "under the British crown"?
3) There are more Gurkhas in the IA then the British army
4) To be an officer of any regiment in India you can be from anywhere else in India, you can have a Sikh from Goa commanding the Gurkha regiment.

Indian army has several Gurkha regiments, and if I'm not mistaken, they make the largest group after Sikhs. Most of them are Indians, some are from Nepal. Only an Indian or a Nepali can serve in the IA. They serve under the Indian President, not the British crown.

The Brits have also retained a regiment of Gurkhas, but that has nothing to do with the Indian army.

And Brits cannot get new ones as Nepal has imposed a ban on sending men to other countries but since there is an open border b/w India and Nepal India can still recruit Gurkha's

369268d1341947792-ww2-gurkha-kukri-012.jpg

the famous khukuri

I see...Coz the Gorkha regiment I read about was in British newspapers about them being underpaid by the British so only associated them with British...

@janon @arp2041

What? There's so many things wrong with this statement.

1) The IA recruits its Gurkhas mostly from the INDIAN Gurkha regions in its NE.
2) Are all Nepalese some how "under the British crown"?
3) There are more Gurkhas in the IA then the British army
4) To be an officer of any regiment in India you can be from anywhere else in India, you can have a Sikh from Goa commanding the Gurkha regiment.

I dont understand why have a thread when no one is allowed to question and are replied with sarcasm...@Abingdonboy ..You may like your population ignorant but surprisingly being from UK you werent thought to question

Can people not quote if they dont wish to reply...

There are more Gurkhas in the IA (of Indian origin) than in the British army.
Good you knew that...Had I known would I waste my time asking?! that too with an explanation

Just asking because that is what I understand from the word Gorkha...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom