What's new

Lt-Gen Alam Khattak appointed defence secretary

Devil Soul

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has approved the appointment of Lieutenant-General retired Mohammad Alam Khattak as the defence secretary, said a notification issued by the defence ministry on Monday.

Khattak replaces former defence secretary Lt Gen Asif Yasin Malik, who retired from his position last week after completion of his contract.

Alam Khattak has previously served on key positions in the military including corps commander Quetta, Inspector General Frontier Corps (FC) Peshawar and chief of logistics at the GHQ. He retired from army service last year.

The defence secretary’s position has assumed added significance in view of the current state of civil-military relations. This is civilian post but traditionally retired military officers are appointed on the recommendation of army chief.

Last edited by a moderator:
His recent appointments are mentioned as Corp Commander Quetta, IGFC Peshawar and as Chief of Logistic Staff GHQ, all good career appointments. The Corp in Quetta is at the frontlines dealing with insurgency in Baluchistan and also keeping an eye on Afghan and Indian activities in Baluchistan. As IGFC Peshawar he would have dealt with FC operations in KP and FATA, as Chief of Logistic Staff the entire supply chain of weapons, equipment, rations, uniforms etc. to troops on the frontline on the western and eastern border would be under him.

Good pick for post of Defense Secretary

PA should bring up & appoint Phatan Generals & give them key positions because by appointing only Punjabis or mainly Punjabis in higher posts or key positions people of Pakistan are calling PA Punjabi Army, which is very dangerous & we can see this in on going operation Zarb E Azab.

PA should bring up & appoint Phatan Generals & give them key positions because by appointing only Punjabis or mainly Punjabis in higher posts or key positions people of Pakistan are calling PA Punjabi Army, which is very dangerous & we can see this in on going operation Zarb E Azab.
Are you serious or what many many times Army Chief post has been held by Pathans even right now there are many Lt Generals who are pathan after Pujabis its Pathans who are found in biggest numbers in our Armed Forces

Are you serious or what many many times Army Chief post has been held by Pathans even right now there are many Lt Generals who are pathan after Pujabis its Pathans who are found in biggest numbers in our Armed Forces

@Zarvan hello buddy, where have you been?

The reason why I raised this point is because many people other than Punjab province are calling PA Punjabi Army, which I am pretty sure you are aware of. So by making Phatans Chief or Joint Chief tension can cool down.

@Zarvan hello buddy, where have you been?

The reason why I raised this point is because many people other than Punjab province are calling PA Punjabi Army, which I am pretty sure you are aware of. So by making Phatans Chief or Joint Chief tension can cool down.
They will keep calling no matter what they will never tell the truth full of lies

i dont agree with you ... in that case what about sindhi , Balouchi , saraiki , muhajir ???
Army is far from this Nationalism BS ... and that something we should appreciate

One out of Four in Pakistan Army is a Pathan.

Two out of Four in Pakistan Army is a Punjabi.

The rest (10% Kashmiris, 12 % Sindhis and 3% Baloch ).

i dont agree with you ... in that case what about sindhi , Balouchi , saraiki , muhajir ???
Army is far from this Nationalism BS ... and that something we should appreciate
U forgot mushi wasnt he a muhajir Pakistani nation needs to Grow up No matter where they are from 1st they are pakistani and thats all If You do some good its for the benefit of Pakistan not their specific province stop spreading this B.S about PA being Punjabi Army

U forgot mushi wasnt he a muhajir Pakistani nation needs to Grow up No matter where they are from 1st they are pakistani and thats all If You do some good its for the benefit of Pakistan not their specific province stop spreading this B.S about PA being Punjabi Army

when did i spread BS about army ?? did you even read which post i replied too " Jazbaati "

What is the information on him?
1919635_10152460870429130_3547235226206611480_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom