What's new

Loan has been approved for Bangladesh for YAK-130 and Su-27

it there any conformation from Bangladesh?
if Bangladesh want to buy YAK130 trainer. we have L 15 which is very similar to Yak130.
I think china can also provide loan to bangladesh, if they want to buy L 15.

Is it a good idea to get L 15 to train for Russian platform?

Is it a good idea to get L 15 to train for Russian platform?

L 15 is a great plane and faster than Yak but I am not sure whether that can perfectly replicate the features of Sukoi Mig and latest Mig-35 or PAK-FA

L 15 is a great plane and faster than Yak but I am not sure whether that can perfectly replicate the features of Sukoi Mig and latest Mig-35 or PAK-FA

I dont think that bangladesh has already decided to buy Su 27.
it is still possible to sell L15 to Bangladesh.

But we are still going to get some Russian fighters so we need some trainer to replicate that platform perfectly

The Su27/30/35-series is the perfect fighter for BD's needs.

Not only is it a great fighter/interceptor, it's long range will allow it to provide air cover to the Bangladesh Navy in large sections of the Bay of Bengal.

Really looking forward to seeing it in the BAF.

@itaskol - I am sure that the L-15 would be a great trainer but in this instance BD would be best to get the YAK-130.

It would be the best way to train for the new 4th generation fleet that BD would have composed of Mig-29 and the SU-27/30/35. The L-15 can replicate the Mig-29/SU-27s fligh parameters but it would not be as useful in terms of the avionics and missiles systems .Also this comes as part of a massive military economic/package that BD has negotiated with Russia that includes Russian building a 2GW nuclear power plant in BD by the end of this decade.

Last edited by a moderator:
do bangladesh need twin engine heavy fighters considering it's size , economy and threat perceptions etc. something like jf17, j10, etc are better choice imo.

do bangladesh need twin engine heavy fighters considering it's size , economy and threat perceptions etc. something like jf17, j10, etc are better choice imo.

BD economy is large enough to support 2-3 squadrons of Su-37/30 fighters.

As I have stated in my previous post, this type of fighter has the long range to be able to provide air-cover to the BD Navy in the Bay of Bengal.

The frigates that BD will be getting this decade will only be equipped the likes of the FL-3000N short-range SAM and these will not suffice against enemy aircraft

The single engined planes in the market are either western or chinese.

Western planes are expensive and has political strings.
Chinese planes platforms are still quite new, so we are not taking chances.

As of now our economy is quite stable for the purchase of new twin engined planes. We spend only one percent of our budget on our military(fuel, salary etc)

Su-27 is yet to be decided, but YAK-130 purchasing decision has already been formalized.

Back
Top Bottom