What's new

Life-size sculpture of Ranjit Singh to be unveiled at Lahore Fort

sir ji its translated in urdu too but urdu of 1876 is very hard to read for today i will shear some pages here if people can read it then we will work hard to upload it :lol: its like we are reading urdu in punjabi :P

Ham parh laingay aap yahan laga dain

Not if they have political agenda to it. Why haven't any books written by locals documenting what really happened no where to be found?
bhai jan every human has biases no one is fully neutral we have to find truth in between many sources

Not if they have political agenda to it. Why haven't any books written by locals documenting what really happened no where to be found?

Waisay in those days people weren't even aware if Sikhs are ruling or someone else
waisay ghair mulkyon ka konsa agenda hosakta agar kisi molvi ki likhi Hui to keh sktay us na zati bughz ki wajah sa sikhon ka khilaf likha hai

It would be interesting to see the influence on literally style and use of idioms. they are lost arts of our region
its like this

spaceout.gif

bhai jan every human has biases no one is fully neutral we have to find truth in between many sources
We do not have to always find the truth. We can use that for academic purposes. Difference of opinion are a blessing in disguise.

Waisay in those days people weren't even aware if Sikhs are ruling or someone else
waisay ghair mulkyon ka konsa agenda hosakta agar kisi molvi ki likhi Hui to keh sktay us na zati bughz ki wajah sa sikhon ka khilaf likha hai

In 1840s there were huge political struggles within colonial India. Mughals were officially still ruling these parts which culminated in first war of independence in 1857.

It would be interesting to have a look at what people made out of these changing times.

Nice

Strange. You mean to say that British had no political agenda, in India? Such books are mostly written by them and a few by others as well. In fact, most of the history books, whether written by British, Hindu, Muslim or Sikh, particularly in 19th and 20th century, had a strong religious and political bias. It is quite a hard work to extract truth from these books.

In 1840s there were huge political struggles

I read somewhere that Punjab didn't took part in rebellion against British in 1857 as it's said that poverty is one of the major reasons for terrorism and insurgencies and Punjab always was economically better compared to rest of India this maybe the reason for Punjab not taking part in rebellion as people of this area had no incentive to fight for they weren't religious so inko to jihad ka name par bhi motivate nhi Kiya ja sakta tha
and Jahan Tak sikhon ka hathon qatal aam ki baat hai to we are often told by our tajziya karz that people of Punjab never stood against any foriegn invader then what makes these people think they fought against Sikhs and when they didn't fought against Sikhs then why would Sikhs massacre them or would plunder their cities
every government has some supporters and opponents so whatever is written or narrated by their opponents would be against them and they would be shown as barbarians and murderers

I read somewhere that Punjab didn't took part in rebellion against British in 1857 as it's said that poverty is one of the major reasons for terrorism and insurgencies and Punjab always was economically better compared to rest of India this maybe the reason for Punjab not taking part in rebellion as people of this area had no incentive to fight for they weren't religious so inko to jihad ka name par bhi motivate nhi Kiya ja sakta tha
and Jahan Tak sikhon ka hathon qatal aam ki baat hai to we are often told by our tajziya karz that people of Punjab never stood against any foriegn invader then what makes these people think they fought against Sikhs and when they didn't fought against Sikhs then why would Sikhs massacre them or would plunder their cities
every government has some supporters and opponents so whatever is written or narrated by their opponents would be against them and they would be shown as barbarians and murderers

I think the argument for Punjab has always been that they have the resources(agriculture) and that generally means a population which is either not interested in powerplay or are forever beneficial owner of any change in the throne.

It has a unique history which is often overlooked for reasons unknown to me.

I think the argument for Punjab has always been that they have the resources(agriculture) and that generally means a population which is either not interested in powerplay or are forever beneficial owner of any change in the throne.

It has a unique history which is often overlooked for reasons unknown to me.

People of Punjab were always like they are right now they always supported winning or stronger party like right now MNAs and MPAs of loser party joining PTI because PTI is in power and is stronger

People of Punjab were always like they are right now they always supported winning or stronger party like right now MNAs and MPAs of loser party joining PTI because PTI is in power and is stronger

charhta sooraj dheeray dheeray dhalta hai dhall jaega !!

Back
Top Bottom